The F1 thread

What's Hot
1841842843844845847»

Comments

• markr76markr76 Frets: 392
    Honestly given how AM have fared I’m not sure I see the attraction of Krack either but what do I know? 

I also find it baffling that everyone seems to talk so highly of James Key - he’s never produced a really great car and headed the team that saw McLaren at the back of the grid at the start of last year.

The jury is still out on Seidl as an F1 guy, but at least it’s looking like the structural changes & capex upgrades at McLaren were absolutely the right way to go.

I wonder if this is partly a last-ditch attempt to get Sainz onboard. 
    I had to drop a laptop in to James Key’s house back when I worked at Jordan. As it was on my way home. Can’t remember why he wasn’t at work. But I always remember. He didn’t even say thank you, just shut the door in my face! 
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28134
    Alpine have a Deadpool & Wolverine livery this weekend. It's fine but why are the slashes yellow? Wolverine is the yellow guy - when he slices you open it's not going to be yellow unless you're the yellow bastard from Sin City? 

Also, why would you sponsor the car most likely to finish the race in the pits with a broken car? 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    image.png 610.7K
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• Also, why would you sponsor the car most likely to finish the race in the pits with a broken car? 

Ryan Reynolds (aka Deadpool) owns a large stake in Alpine.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

Also, why would you sponsor the car most likely to finish the race in the pits with a broken car? 

Ryan Reynolds (aka Deadpool) owns a large stake in Alpine.
    Oh yeah I'd forgotten that. Poor bastard!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 7374
    In other news, it looks like Uncle Helmut will be installing parental controls and screen time limits on Max’s Xbox, particularly on race weekends.

https://racingnews365.com/red-bull-reach-agreement-with-verstappen-over-sim-racing-activities

And it looks like Renault are getting set to mothball their engine production.  Not only that, but Alpine look set to source transmission and rear suspension from Mercedes.  Bad news for the Viry-Châtillon factory, but in the hybrid era a single Renault team win and 12 victories with Red Bull (who churlishly avoid giving any credit to Renault) represent rather poor value for the fortunes Renault must have poured in over the past 10 years.
  • markr76markr76 Frets: 392
    Cols said:
    In other news, it looks like Uncle Helmut will be installing parental controls and screen time limits on Max’s Xbox, particularly on race weekends.

https://racingnews365.com/red-bull-reach-agreement-with-verstappen-over-sim-racing-activities

And it looks like Renault are getting set to mothball their engine production.  Not only that, but Alpine look set to source transmission and rear suspension from Mercedes.  Bad news for the Viry-Châtillon factory, but in the hybrid era a single Renault team win and 12 victories with Red Bull (who churlishly avoid giving any credit to Renault) represent rather poor value for the fortunes Renault must have poured in over the past 10 years.
    Unfortunately for Renault. F1 is something that you do 100% or don’t do. They’ve half heartedly been at it now for a while. 
    Current forecast for Spa is a wet Saturday, dry Sunday. SO it's anyone's guess I reckon