Comments

• Bats_Bats_ Frets: 79
    Shame there’s no best offer option…

I’ve got a USA Strat that was QC’d the week my son was born (2012) put away in storage for his 18th birthday. 

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Grampa said:
    not the sort of mistake most parents would make!
    But exactly the sort of mistake a self-obsessed person would make.
    My youtube music channel is here My youtube aviation channel is here
    4reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • S56035S56035 Frets: 1258
    Grampa said:
    not the sort of mistake most parents would make!
    But exactly the sort of mistake a self-obsessed person would make.
    Bit of a dick comment. He bought it before it would have been apparent which handedness he was.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 16reaction image Wisdom
  • S56035 said:
    Bit of a dick comment. He bought it before it would have been apparent which handedness he was.
    But that being the case, since either hand dominance is a possibility, what do we think is the motivation behind assuming it would be the same as onesself?
    My youtube music channel is here My youtube aviation channel is here
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27093
    S56035 said:
    But that being the case, since either hand dominance is a possibility, what do we think is the motivation behind assuming it would be the same as onesself?
    Probably the fact that there was a 90% chance of being correct.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 17reaction image Wisdom
  • pjfpjf Frets: 331
    edited March 3
    Edit: seems this was bought before the guy’s son was old enough to know if he’s a righty or lefty on guitar  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 11146
    tFB Trader
    Whats wrong with the good old fashioned solution?
    Force your left handed child to be right handed ... it  only slightly scarred me for life, but made me able to do pointless ambidextrous party pieces later down the line :-)
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

8reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7808
    Force your left handed child to be right handed ... it  only slightly scarred me for life, but made me able to do pointless ambidextrous party pieces later down the line :-)
    Indeed.  If you force your child to be right handed he or she will intuitively be able to use a right-handed screwdriver and you won't have to pay all that extra money for a left-handed one.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 11146
    tFB Trader
    BillDL said:
    Indeed.  If you force your child to be right handed he or she will intuitively be able to use a right-handed screwdriver and you won't have to pay all that extra money for a left-handed one.
    I had the deepest joy of going to a school where if you tried to sneak a bit of left handed writing in ... you would like as not get a smack around the head from a teacher. Ah the good old days ... 'forth formers roasting on an open fire, Jack Frost nibbling at your toes ...'.   
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• BillDLBillDL Frets: 7808
    That sounds very sinister  :)
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10778
    edited March 3
    Out of interest, how much of the price is “Rob Chapman’s child’s unwanted”, and how much is “guitar”? Are these guitars normally 1k or 4k or what?
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    edited March 3
    BillDL said:
    That sounds very sinister 
    Somebody get his coat. Oh he’s already left. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2433
    Ok it's a fair assumption to make considering 90% of people aren't cackhanded.

But... wouldn't it make more sense for righties to play lefty guitars, given that the left hand is doing more of the heavy lifting? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Sarge said:

But... wouldn't it make more sense for righties to play lefty guitars, given that the left hand is doing more of the heavy lifting? 
    Try it :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2433
    viz said:
    Sarge said:

Try it :)
    pass. 
    But as a beginner.... surely easier, no? 
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3907
    Playing a right handed guitar never seemed to bother Jimi….
  • ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7507
    Wow it's a beautiful guitar. 
  • YourArsenal87YourArsenal87 Frets: 312
    edited March 3
    viz said:
    Out of interest, how much of the price is “Rob Chapman’s child’s unwanted”, and how much is “guitar”? Are these guitars normally 1k or 4k or what?
    It’s a wood library, so not too far off what they usually go for, I think. Or at least what they’re often listed for.
  • chromatunachromatuna Frets: 375
    Not knowing gender is one thing but how did he know his child would grow up to be a dentist?

;-)

(I love my Custom 24, am not a dentist although was once told I was playing an ‘accountants guitar’)
    This is the truth from hillbilly guitars!
    12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13578
    viz said:
    It’s a wood library, so not too far off what they usually go for, I think. Or at least what they’re often listed for.

pretty much always comfortably north of £4k
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.