Easy mistake to make....I suppose (ebay & Chappers content)

What's Hot

Comments

• imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3861
    The weirdest thing about this is why Rob is even mentioned in the sale - although you would imagine they might expect posts like this, granting free advertising. 

I don’t know the facts around any of his crowdfunding/PRS purchases but find the idea of crowdfunding singing lessons is utterly cringeworthy. Why people throw money at such egregious requests baffles me. 
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • pt22pt22 Frets: 332
    In other words, empathy.

Famously a staple of online forum discussions. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • S56035S56035 Frets: 1266
    The weirdest thing about this is why Rob is even mentioned in the sale - although you would imagine they might expect posts like this, granting free advertising. 

I don’t know the facts around any of his crowdfunding/PRS purchases but find the idea of crowdfunding singing lessons is utterly cringeworthy. Why people throw money at such egregious requests baffles me. 
    No, the weirdest thing is that these discussions keep being had.
  • imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3861
    S56035 said:

No, the weirdest thing is that these discussions keep being had.
    Well, let’s keep it going!
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4397
    Bats_ said:
    Shame there’s no best offer option…

I’ve got a USA Strat that was QC’d the week my son was born (2012) put away in storage for his 18th birthday. 

I did this for my daughter. Bought a 2003 USA Strat with the aim of giving it her on her 18th.

She's now a hell of...... a clarinet player.

I ended up buying the guitar from her as it's the best strat I've ever played. She is very happy with the financial arrangement.... me, less so!
    Ha, shit - unless my maths is off you've bought the same Strat twice and probably a clarinet too.

I don't have kids, but rest assured my friends do and I see this kind of thing happening on the regular :lol:

The struggle is real! Anyway it sounds like it's ended all to the good - your daughter's far more likely to get a gig than me, that's for sure.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 11149
    tFB Trader
    Don't give ...

Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • YorkieYorkie Frets: 1563
    Say what you want about Chapman, at least he knows how many kids he's got.
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 859
    I find it a bit weird to assume you're kids will be in to the same things as you. Sounds a bit pushy parent to me. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • steersteer Frets: 1220
    Kurtis said:
    I find it a bit weird to assume you're kids will be in to the same things as you. Sounds a bit pushy parent to me. 
    Yes, if there is anything to learn from this story is that Chapman is an absolutely terrible parent for buying them something nice to either play or to have as a wall hanging or - shudder the thought - a saleable investment for when they are older. 

If my parents bought me the right sort of Y.O.B. guitar and kept it minty, then it would be worth a fortune today, whether I played or not. 
  • LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1314
    Kurtis said:
    Read between the lines.  These parents really bought these guitars for themselves =)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Kurtis said:
    Read between the lines.  These parents really bought these guitars for themselves =)
    Me dad will be kicking himself for that decision. Right now, he'd be the proud owner of a late 70's three-bolt Strat that could, allowing for inflation, even be worth approximately what he paid for it.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 7
    steer said:
    Kurtis said:
    Yes, if there is anything to learn from this story is that Chapman is an absolutely terrible parent for buying them something nice to either play or to have as a wall hanging or - shudder the thought - a saleable investment for when they are older. 

If my parents bought me the right sort of Y.O.B. guitar and kept it minty, then it would be worth a fortune today, whether I played or not. 
    Fair enough. As I said I don't know anything about the guy so I'm not going to say he is a bad parent.

On the other hand there's plenty of non guitar related things you can do for your kids that are nice and probably far more sensible. 

How do you even know the kid will be able to play guitar let alone want to. Or favour the other hand. 

The only reason anyone would do it is because they like guitars. 

• bertiebertie Frets: 13578
    Kurtis said:

buying a guitar for them,  not exactly the same as forcing them into beauty pageants or greco roman wrestling   -  I know plenty that have bought a case of expensive red,  or single malt to lay down................ doesnt mean they want them to become piss-heads

(and its your    ;)  )
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    Your right. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    bertie said:

buying a guitar for them,  not exactly the same as forcing them into beauty pageants or greco roman wrestling 
    On the other hand, run a loose ship and they might end up doing 20 years in software dev when they could have been wrestling it up.

Horses/courses.
    Kurtis said:
    Your right. 

touche :)
    randella said:
    bertie said:

buying a guitar for them,  not exactly the same as forcing them into beauty pageants or greco roman wrestling 
    On the other hand, run a loose ship and they might end up doing 20 years in software dev when they could have been wrestling it up.

Horses/courses.

never did me any harm
    bertie said:
    randella said:
    bertie said:

Horses/courses.

never did me any harm
    Speak for yourself, I did years of looking at screenfuls of C# when I could have been covered in glory for my beauty pageant wins.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SPECTRUM001SPECTRUM001 Frets: 1610
    Don't people have other stuff to do beyond trying to pick holes in people's stories?

No, not really...

Or is this kind of thing along with arguing with idiots online about unimportant stuff, emailing companies because someone is selling a product cheaply on ebay to try and see if they conned people when there's no evidence of that what I've got to look forward to when I'm retired and/or bored? 

Yep, you got it...
    randella said:
    Speak for yourself, I did years of looking at screenfuls of C# when I could have been covered in glory for my beauty pageant wins.
    you say that now..........................................