Easy mistake to make....I suppose (ebay & Chappers content)

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• randellarandella Frets: 4386
    9Stuob said:
    randella said:
    prlgmnr said:
    "You never actually own a Patek Phillipe"

hard to argue with that
    The land underneath my house is, apparently, owned by some set of twats in Bristol to whom I pay a yearly penance of £4.50. Billable twice a year. 

On the face of it not so bad coughing up £2.75 every six months but, in reality, I have a problem with "never owning" something.

No idea what this has to do with watches or a well-known YouTube guitarist.

Sorry.

Maybe a candidate for the dementia clinic that was mentioned earlier.

What was the question again?
    It's "what is £2.75 x 2?".
    He`s building credit for the buyout.
    Hah, deary me. Arithmetic lessons for table 9 :lol:

I'd be a long time saving for the freehold reversion at a quid a year, given it costs £50 just to ask them a question.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • euaneuan Frets: 1663
    Rather serendipitously I’ve just bought myself a birth year left handed guitar 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12524
    elstoof said:
    The birth year for his son claims was after questions were raised about the timing of his “new axe” post, coming as it was hot on the heels of a round of crowdfunding to pay for a load of gear he had stolen and insurance wouldn’t cover
    Chappers nicked a load of gear?  No wonder he's unpopular.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12524
    edited March 10
    Philly_Q said:
    Sporky said:
    This is exactly a pricy watch brands marketing technique.

Buy it for the next generation. Its an investment for your children to pass on the wealth to them

It starts from £32,000 WTF!
    Add a zero to the end of that number - if you want a steel Nautilus you need to have bought several less "desirable" watches from them. 
    Add a zero to the end of that number

WT, WTFFFFFFFF!

I've only ever seen one Pateck Phillipe in reality. It made me think I should also have got a London based bank job instead of being a teacher      On yhr other hand, I complain about my work load, but havr never actually had to sleep under my desk as i had so much work on. 

After a bit more searching..."Yours" ( not mine, but some ones) for £27,560? Save "you" £5,000 perfect for that customer shop fender to pick up with your spare change on the way home. 

http://www.watches-of-switzerland.co.uk/Patek-Philippe-Nautilus-7118/1A+001/p/17920846

I guess I'm missing something that add the 0 on the end. The extra sub dials? Sorry, complications 
    I don't usually get involved in watch threads... but I remember seeing an invoice for a couple of Patek Philippe watches, purchased by a professional footballer.  I think they were six figures each, but I could be wrong.  I'll see if I can find it later.
    A very close friend has a PP.  He bought it around 35 years ago when he was living in Geneva and I remember he paid £13k for it.  He told me a couple of years back it had been valued at £90k and I suspect it's comfortably into six figures now.

First time I saw him wearing it I thought it looked like a particularly tacky Sekonda  ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom