Music that makes you think "who actually buys this"

What's Hot

Comments

• OffsetOffset Frets: 12083
    BillDL said:
    I would rather be stuck in a lift over a holiday weekend with Jedward and have Richard Clayderman playing endlessly in a loop than listen to a Lighthouse Family song, let alone a full album.  I only know one person that liked the Lighthouse Family, and he enthused over it.  He smoked a huge amount of weed and was out of his head most of the time though.
    Errrrm... could this perchance be someone known to tFB?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Philly_Q said:
    Any mention of the Lighthouse Family immediately makes me think of The Christians.  I'm sure it's possible to tell them apart if you listen back-to-back, but in my mind they're completely indistinguishable pap.  Sliced white bread music, with the crusts cut off.
    I must admit I have a soft spot for The Christians.  So much so in fact I saw them back in the late 1980s :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28842
    Danny Wilson.

Were it possible, I would pay good money to have every memory of "Mary's Prayer" burnt out of my brain.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    munckee said:
    Simply red always baffled me.  What was the point.  
    Not only that but Mick Hucknall was, and probably still is, one of the most irritating cnuts ever to have stood behind a microphone.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1176
    Sporky said:
    Danny Wilson.

Were it possible, I would pay good money to have every memory of "Mary's Prayer" burnt out of my brain.
    LoL this post reminds me of the scene from Knocked Up about "Yah Mo Be There" by Michael McDonald

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    Anything Gary Barlow has touched since the first Take That split back in the 90s. His singing voice is…let’s say…adequate, but it is so devoid of ANY personality or charisma that I would rather listen to paint dry. It’s like he read the Ladybird book of How To Be A Singer and just skipped a few chapters. He’s the most tepid vocalist I have ever heard. Plus he’s a cock.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Dopesick said:
    Anything Gary Barlow has touched since the first Take That split back in the 90s. His singing voice is…let’s say…adequate, but it is so devoid of ANY personality or charisma that I would rather listen to paint dry. It’s like he read the Ladybird book of How To Be A Singer and just skipped a few chapters. He’s the most tepid vocalist I have ever heard. Plus he’s a cock.
    ...a wealthy cock  ;)
  • guitartangoguitartango Frets: 1030
    munckee said:
    Simply red always baffled me.  What was the point.  
    Are you Anti Ginger ? =)
    “Ken sent me.”
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72745
    Devil#20 said:
    Robbie Williams is shite. 
    He's a very talented man with deep-rooted mental health problems. If you don't think so, watch the Netflix documentary series about him - if you can stand the idea of it, of course.

Sporky said:
    Danny Wilson.

This, absolutely. If there's one record I could somehow permanently erase from existence it's this.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 746
    Devil#20 said:
    Robbie Williams is shite. 
    No he's not. You just don't like him. 

Just Angels and Let Me Entertain You between them would put him in the all time top 10 of British pop acts. 
    Pushing it a bit there. 
    ICBM said:
    Sporky said:
    Danny Wilson.

This, absolutely. If there's one record I could somehow permanently erase from existence it's this.
    I apologise for having mentioned it. It's like an even shitter version if The Game. 
  • PetGerbilPetGerbil Frets: 176
    Sporky said:
    Danny Wilson.

Oooh. You f$#%a !!! You've made me remember it...!!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    The video actually makes it worse. Even knowing that, I bet some people still give it a go... 

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23253
    Sporky said:
    ICBM said:
    Sporky said:
    Danny Wilson.

I apologise for having mentioned it. It's like an even shitter version if The Game. 
    Fortunately for me, although I'm sure it was bad I can't actually remember the song at all. 

And to show just how little I recall, I thought Pat Kane was in Danny Wilson but in fact he was in Hue and Cry.  Whose songs I also can't remember.  They must have been around at pretty much the same time.
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6544
    Lightning Seeds. 

Just…no. No no no no no.

NO.

• swillerswiller Frets: 1332
    Robbie Williams : Watched the docu, no sympathy - talentless tw@.
    Ed sheeran: Boring heap of w@nk.
    The beatles : How anyone appreciates that today for other than nostalgia is beyond me. 
    Beyonce: just sings up and down scales . Ok for 20 seconds, but albums of the stuff is toilet.
    Fleetwood mac - debenhams music. F off.
    REM - bought murmur to see what all the fuss is about in my late teens, tried hard. Bag o shite.
    Anything clapton - no voice, soul less guitar player, the stage presence of a 80s geography teacher.

This much more like it. Funk guitar on a p90 gibbo double cut? yes please. :)

Dont worry, be silly.
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6544
    swiller said:
    The beatles : How anyone appreciates that today for other than nostalgia is beyond me. 
    Beyonce: just sings up and down scales . Ok for 20 seconds, but albums of the stuff is toilet.
    REM - bought murmur to see what all the fuss is about in my late teens, tried hard. Bag o shite.
    Anything clapton - no voice, soul less guitar player, the stage presence of a 80s geography teacher.

I was all set to disagree with everything you were saying, then you go and hit the Clapton-shaped nail 100% on the head. Couldn’t agree more about him.

• LPManicLPManic Frets: 1105
    swiller said:

Might be the greatest post in TFB history!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23253
    Sporky said:
    The video actually makes it worse. Even knowing that, I bet some people still give it a go... 

Oh wow, I'm not sure I have heard that before.  Gosh it's.... bad.

The singer looks like Larry Drake in Dr Giggles.

Dr Giggles  Rotten Tomatoes