So who is looking forward to the Olympics

What's Hot

Comments

• TimcitoTimcito Frets: 1089
    stufisher said:
    I thought the opening ceremony was typically zany, French and merde-complet!

Matt Hudson-Smith has gold written all over him ... in a sub-43.5 sec clocking IMHO ... really rooting for him 1 

The rapist volleyball story will no doubt be widely publicised at a critical time to marr the Olympics and maximise social media air time ... but I'm steadfast in my resolve to enjoy sporting endeavours and personal triumphs across sport, in whatever form.

Vive les jeux Olympiques!
    I watched about five minutes of it in total, in which time I saw green laser beams ejaculating into the sky from the Eiffel Tower and then a tired and somewhat confused-looking Serena Williams with a strained smile on her face waving to a black void on either side of her as she floated slowly down the River Seine. One punt docked, and a French athlete, seemingly completely alone, hopped off clutching 'the Olympic flame' and proceeded to run up a stark spiral of steps, again with a hugely forced smile on her face. 

The two US reporters were bobbing and squeaking with spirited excitement, but it all looked flat, which was a bit surrealistic given the intended pomp and circumstance of the event. Well, the French do excel at the absurd!   ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 5130
    Timcito said:
    I watched about five minutes of it in total, in which time I missed all the good bits
    FTFY

littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    Timcito said:
    I watched about five minutes of it in total, in which time I missed all the good bits
    FTFY

Well, I would hope other parts of it were bit more inspiring. That episode on the Seine was decidedly odd!
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24815
    Timcito said:
    Timcito said:
    FTFY
    Well, I would hope other parts of it were bit more inspiring. That episode on the Seine was decidedly odd!
    If you'd hung on for another ten minutes you'd have seen the Olympic flame being lit, which seemed reasonably inspiring at the time.
    Philly_Q said:
    Timcito said:
    Timcito said:
    FTFY
    If you'd hung on for another ten minutes you'd have seen the Olympic flame being lit, which seemed reasonably inspiring at the time.
    I imagine the organizers breathed a sigh of relief.
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 13469
    edited July 28
    Meanwhile, down on the banks of the Seine:

Triathlon swim training scrapped because of pollution https://www.bbc.com/sport/olympics/articles/cn05nxv2z9po
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15289
    tFB Trader
    I was going to say, quite rightly booed - But he should not even be there to be booed

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/articles/cpd9e0r2dxmo
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31488
    Question

If your team wins Sevens Rugby Gold, do you get 12 medals in the medal table for the whole team?

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

Gassage said:
    Question

If your team wins Sevens Rugby Gold, do you get 12 medals in the medal table for the whole team?
    No.
    tFB Trader
    Gassage said:
    Question

No

1 event therefore 1 point on the medal table 

1 point for gold 1 point for silver and 1 point for bronze 
  • manicguitaristmanicguitarist Frets: 440
    Nope. For 2 reasons:
    1. Don't have a TV so no licence so can't watch live things
    2. One of the people I coach got dropped from the team at the last minute, so fuck 'em :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • yockyyocky Frets: 840
    Good old BBC. Channel change during the Mountain biking, use the opportunity to show a few trailers for other stuff, have Hazel Irvine blether on about some bollocks, rejoin having missed the main drama in an hour long event they otherwise show the whole of. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Well Mrs O and a mate are en route to Paris with Eurostar for both the Men's and Women's Triathalons.

What could possibly go wrong?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Offset said:
    Well Mrs O and a mate are en route to Paris with Eurostar for both the Men's and Women's Triathalons.

They could end up as Duathlons, for a start...
    Philly_Q said:
    Offset said:

They could end up as Duathlons, for a start...
    Indeed so.  Who'd want to swim through a shit-infested Seine?  Not quite sure how the French can be so confident that what wasn't acceptable over the weekend for training will be acceptable come 7am tomorrow for the men's event...?
    tFB Trader
    Tom Pidcock - Yorkshire grit  - Never say die
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Fuck off horse hurdling
    edited July 29 tFB Trader
    To be leading, then get a flat tyre, drop back to 9th and loose nearly 40 seconds, then slowly claw it all back again - What a ride and the overtaking move at the end, all I can say is he must watch Max Verstappen sometimes

Well worth leaving the Tour de France a few days early to recover from covid 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2973
    The horse riding and everything else coverage is crap, they never show a leading table, they don’t have a sign on the screen saying who they ar and how many points they have or need.

just talk talk talk.  If I didn’t catch your point I have no idea

its just like when I watched the Euros in Bangladesh in 2002 ish.  When I turned the Tv on there would be a game on.  There would be no timer so didn’t know whether it’s just starting or about to finish and ther was no score on the screen either,  p,us commentating in bengali

God tier stuff by PIdcock, just after the commentator said he'd run out of overtaking opportunities.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom