Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Forum Seediness

What's Hot

Comments

• speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    I'm offended that we allegedly offend people
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11637
    tFB Trader
    I get offended by all the requests for poo on here - lucky or otherwise.....

It's all a bit Dr Gillian Mckieth (annoying Scottish woman from "You are what you eat")

I guess it's a phrase or custom we've imported from another culture that I've previously been unaware of.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    Anyone on the receiving end of mine is anything but lucky lol
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    edited January 2015
    I can remember having words with a mod on MR in a similar thread to this on MR a few months before it got shut down. Actually, it was remarkably similar to this one and I wish that I could find it just to re-read....   It's a shame that MR is no longer accessable. :(
    One Sunday night I e-mailed the Chief Executive of Future Publishing asking him to have a look at a Music Radar thread in which 2 forum member were "riffing" on the comedy value of famine victims in Africa and their protuding bones.
    I was asking him a simple question just out of curiosity: Is this content compatible with the clearly stated ethical position of Future Publishing PLC?

He responded within 5 minutes!

He said....No it is not (compatible). He described the posts as disgraceful, thanked me for contacting him and said that the content would be removed.
    It was not removed!

No...wait a minute.....

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • So it's your doing? http://mos.futurenet.com/forum/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    edited January 2015
    This forum is relatively tame by most standards. check out reddit if you want to see some real sexist shitheads. Then below that, youtube comments, although they tend to be more fixated on holocasut denial and race war.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

• I can remember having words with a mod on MR in a similar thread to this on MR a few months before it got shut down.
    I remember that well. I distinctly remember reading it and thinking "This is the beginning of the end!".  How right I was.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    edited January 2015
    So it's your doing? http://mos.futurenet.com/forum/
    It was about a year earlier so sadly I cannot claim credit for the forum evolution

• Drew_fx said:
    I can remember having words with a mod on MR in a similar thread to this on MR a few months before it got shut down. Actually, it was remarkably similar to this one and I wish that I could find it just to re-read....   It's a shame that MR is no longer accessable. :(
    What sort of words?

Bad ones for me, cos I never get involved really. It was when do-gooder forumite twisted what was a perfectly innocent thread into something different and it went downhill from there.
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    hugbot said:
    This forum is relatively tame by most standards. check out reddit if you want to see some real sexist shitheads. Then below that, youtube comments, although they tend to be more fixated on holocasut denial and race war.
    I've come to the conclusion that youtube comments are some kind of avant garde performance art. You can find intolerance most places, but on youtube there is stuff that is just plain bizarre.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    imalone said:
    hugbot said:
    I've come to the conclusion that youtube comments are some kind of avant garde performance art. You can find intolerance most places, but on youtube there is stuff that is just plain bizarre.
    Just proof that television rots the brain!
  • 2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15633
    sometimes it's fun to wallow in the mud, youtube comments remind us that not all that wet and brown stuff is mud.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10341
    All this seedy,smutty talk has got me well worked up.I need to relax.

Ah f*ck it,I'm putting my new coat on and going for a walk.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    All this seedy,smutty talk has got me well worked up.I need to relax.

Ah f*ck it,I'm putting my new coat on and going for a walk.

NSFW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nr2VeCR7bZM

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Drew_fx said:
    What sort of words?
    Skeeved
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • holnrew said:
    FWIW I was being serious. 

I suppose I see a distinction between saying a woman is fit/attractive/sexy, and a kind of "dirty old man" comment, talking about body parts or things you'd like to do sexually with a woman. I just see it like a pub discussion, there are certain things I wouldn't want other people overhearing from a discussion I partake in. 

I'd never flag a post, and I don't wish to censor anyone. I was just saying I don't like it, expressing my opinion and inviting discussion. I'm well aware it makes me a hypocrite with some things I say crossing other people's taste threshold. But I do find myself becoming more moderate lately.

So what about when you grow older and look back to the things your young self has said - you'd be shocked lol... You have to just go with the flow as everybody is different and at different stages in life. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • I can live with the blokey remarks on t'opposite sex, but it's the sheer amount of toilet humour that sometimes gets a bit much for me...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I can live with the blokey remarks on t'opposite sex, but it's the sheer amount of toilet humour that sometimes gets a bit much for me...
    My advice would be to try not to get bogged down in it.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom