Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Post here if you love Simply Red

What's Hot

Comments

• Given the astonishing increase in traffic since Drew and Lix have been banned, I propose that in the future, the mods ban them at random times for no particular reason to liven it up a bit when things get a bit quiet.

Like a 'Black Friday' kind of event to boost sales attendance!
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm all for making everything autonomous. I reckon if you flag a post there should be a 50/50 chance that the author of the post is sent to the cooler, but also a 50/50 chance that the flagger is sent there.

Obviously both those should be separate calculations so you get the chance at dealing with 2 birds with one stone.

Interesting idea.  I have just flagged your post.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/26/Yevgeny_Onegin_by_Repin.jpg

Bring it on!.....reflagged
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27717
    You @randomhandclaps and @polarityman do realise (don't you) that everytime you FLAG something, the modmin team gets an alert that something needs looking at.

So, it might be funny for you, but I hear a lot of phones, tablets, laptops and PCs pinging alerts to the modmin team ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Stop! Stop! You're just encouraging us!
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3057
    edited January 2015
    Temptation to flag TTony's post...must...resist...must...resist...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137

Given the astonishing increase in traffic since Drew and Lix have been banned, I propose that in the future, the mods ban them at random times for no particular reason to liven it up a bit when things get a bit quiet.

Like a 'Black Friday' kind of event to boost sales attendance!

Precisely so.

The Fretboard's way of ensuring increased viewing, like the return of a long-lost, up-to-no-good, bad-boy relative coming back to Walford.

• DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4613
    WONT SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE MODMINS!!!
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15644
    try flagging your own posts, you get a notification each time a mod posts in the thread they create to discuss the flagging.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3337
    edited January 2015
    It is an unfortunate situation and I feel for the mods and I'm glad they've stayed put as I thought we were losing @Monquixote for one moment.

On that night, I put my two penneth's worth in and tried to shut Lix up as what started as a very light-hearted thread soon turned into an Ynwie Maelstrom (sorry, but this is a music forum). 

I, too, have been riled by Lix's baiting of forumites (he's also tried it with me) and it's very difficult not to rise to it. Drew's "other posts" aside, his mistake was to react and explode in the way that he did, but he'd had enough. However, I think it only fitting that they both take some time out and possibly reflect on all this and Lix definitely needs to recognise his own part in all this as he's certainly no innocent party or victim here.

We need characters, debate, contrasting opinions and good arguments here but as well as the music, knowledge and fun aspect, let's not be nasty to each other, but if it does get to that stage between individuals, take it off line and deal with it yourselves. I think Off Topic will need to become Off Limits for me and as suggested by some here, I may need to learn to use the Ignore button too.

Be good to one and another! :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuego said:
    try flagging your own posts, you get a notification each time a mod posts in the thread they create to discuss the flagging.
    That's weird maybe i fucked up and posted my comment in the wrong thread ...was this a reply to me?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15644
    VimFuego said:
    That's weird maybe i fucked up and posted my comment in the wrong thread ...was this a reply to me?
    nope, just a general comment on flagging, hadn't read the other thread when I posted. It is possible you and I are the same person but in slightly different planes of existence.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• Well.... I've given it serious thought and this seems like simultaneously the most appropriate and inappropriate moment to rehash this-

http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a579/imadray/Fridge3_zps2ea535c3.jpg

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    21reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Well since I'm a solipsist that is pretty much guaranteed to be true.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434

Well.... I've given it serious thought and this seems like simultaneously the most appropriate and inappropriate moment to rehash this-

http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a579/imadray/Fridge3_zps2ea535c3.jpg

Amazing!

• RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6542
    edited January 2015
    DesVegas said:

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I don't understand why lixarto is being like that. I do like him, and I've met him and stuff. But lately his posts just seem to be about women not wanting to come here, baiting individuals and general lameness. At least drew contributes stuff.

I don't understand why he bothers staying if things are not too his liking.

The most annoying thing about all this is that I've stuck my neck out and criticised people I otherwise like, which is out of character for me and scary.
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    edited January 2015
    @holnrew it's called having scruples, kudos for constructively criticising.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited January 2015

holnrew said:
    I don't understand why lixarto is being like that. I do like him, and I've met him and stuff. But lately his posts just seem to be about women not wanting to come here, baiting individuals and general lameness. At least drew contributes stuff.

I don't understand why he bothers staying if things are not too his liking.

The most annoying thing about all this is that I've stuck my neck out and criticised people I otherwise like, which is out of character for me and scary.

He's also become obsessed with UKIP and Nigel Farage and was trolling anyone that disagreed or posed questions to him about said subjects. 

At least with Drew he is/was straight to the point even if it was guns blazing. Lixarto is a snide character and likes to play mind games in order to get a rise out of people.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

He's also become obsessed with UKIP and Nigel Farage and was trolling anyone that disagreed or posed questions to him about said subjects. 
    That's because anything that's right-wing politics = bad, in his view.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962

DesVegas said:

This really does beg the question, which one is Modmin Papa? 

Who's Modmin Mutha?  

And most pertinent of all WHO TF IS THE MODMIN TROLL? 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom