Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Post here if you love Simply Red

What's Hot

Comments

• d8md8m Frets: 2434
    edited January 2015
    Let's just swap their avatars around as a welcome back present!

Hopefully they will man up, move on and get back to guitar talk.

As far as the mods go. They do this in their free time and it gives me a place to chat with people with similar interests and make new friends.

Therefore they are my heroes!

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12446
    Col_Decker;494037" said:
    I haven't logged in over the weekend, and I haven't read through this thread properly, but to sum up is it about a couple of grown men getting their knickers in a twist over something that is of no importance to anyone?  
    Likewise, I missed the cat fight and cooler incident . Drew winds me up sometimes too, but it's only the internet FFS.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    dafuzz said:

I like both Drew and Lix, they are funny and clever and write well. The two of them bickering is one of the best things about this place for me, I just hope they don't take each other too seriously.

The modmins do a superb job and this place is awesome.

Wisdom. I've said it before that a bit of bickering and the odd feud is good on a forum and we all (if we're honest 99% of us) like to read it from time to time.....

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    A lot of people watch EastEnders, and that's just actors shouting at each other.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696

I like this forum and Ive been a member for a while. I may not post as much as the others but I have been here for a while. However, the common problem seems to be Drew and this person, or Drew and another person. So there is common factor here. However, that being said, being goaded and taunted is wrong acting on taunts and creating thread after was taking it too far.

I think if Drew was to be banned forever, I dont think this place would stop turning or be any less informed because of it. Just sayin.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 15reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16303
    Having seen most of it on Saturday I think it is worth pointing out that what I saw was one forum member targeting another and refusing to stop when asked by forum members and then the Mods to do so. This was not a disagreement that arose out of a Discussion.
    Regardless of the individuals it is just the kind of thing that makes TheFB look like it is occupied by idiots which is what annoys me about it.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • A lot of people watch EastEnders, and that's just actors shouting at each other.
    Don't exaggerate.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2483
    Wait, let me get this straight. People on the internet were arguing and being unpleasant to each other?

Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    For a second there i thought Fx_Munkee might be a pseudonym.
  • I think we need to move on,
    Its a guitar forum.
    Theres a wealth of knowledge and help here which is brill,
    Park the bus and lets get back to GAS n stuff.
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4613
    Well if it was deserved then so be it ...  what was the MR forum??
  • OK, by the fact Polarity Man hasn't been publically executed, Robin has just proved the flag limit must be more than 1.
    Reverse-engineering the rules is, itself, against the rules.

You have been warned.
    What? Even from a clean-room re-implementation? Jesus this place is like a police state :D
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6266
    As a knowledge resource, this and MR before it, and even intermusic back in the day have been and are really valuable. I can post a question for advice and help, and there will always quickly be a knowledgeable answer.

On top of that, OT is usually a good place for educated and (mostly) informed debate about all sorts of things, without people feeling the need to get shirty. I think the mods do a good job of keeping it like that.

Shame a couple of people can't be grown up enough to fit in with this vibe. It's always been one of the best online communities, and he fact that there are a lot of long standing members means that peoples personalities and posting styles are generally well understood.

I don't understand the need to be purposefully insulting or vindicitve on a web forum (or in the real world tbh). There's enough unpleasantness in life without building your own virtual one too.

If someone is being a nob, they should get told and be big enough to accept the criticism, un nob themselves and move on.

So, next time its needed, feel free to quote that back to me eh? lol.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4613
    What was the MR forum?
    DesVegas;494107" said:
    Well if it was deserved then so be it ...  what was the MR forum??
    MusicRadar

• BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    From my point of view he guy added nothing of any value to the forum, and his main contribution was posting misogynist or otherwise just generally offensive drivel and trying to antagonise people. Anyone coming across the forum for the 1st time would probably think twice about joining in because of individuals like that - no loss whatsoever, should be permanently banned imo
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 12reaction image Wisdom
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    In the voice democracy, why dont we do a vote on @ttony?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    I think if I was banned a might not GAS so much!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    DesVegas said:
    What was the MR forum?

It is the place of which we do not speak.

It is full of fear, darkness and loathing.

And a loads of bad influences who made me buy loads of dirt pedals.

>:D<

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    randomhandclaps;494074" said:
    chillidoggy said:

A lot of people watch EastEnders, and that's just actors shouting at each other.

Don't exaggerate.
    Yeh

Everyone knows it's a documentary showing the real lives of Londons finest.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom