Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Post here if you love Simply Red

What's Hot

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    From my point of view he guy added nothing of any value to the forum, and his main contribution was posting misogynist or otherwise just generally offensive drivel and trying to antagonise people. Anyone coming across the forum for the 1st time would probably think twice about joining in because of individuals like that - no loss whatsoever, should be permanently banned imo
    This pretty much sums up something that's troubled me about the recent events. The mods and old time posters know what Drew's like, so there's a case of "oh it's only Drew, he's like that" whereas to all the new guys he'll come across as nothing more than a massive troll who should be cracked on the head with the ban hammer.

It's all got pretty ridiculous between Lix and Drew, looks like a case of "unstoppable force vs immovable object"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    Jetfire said:
    In the voice democracy, why dont we do a vote on @ttony?
    If this place turned into a democracy it would be awful. We are playing in the admins' garden - the only right the rest of us have is the right to go home.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • d8m said:

<space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4615
    edited January 2015
    @digitalscream RAD!! AND congrats on 2k
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jetfire said:
    It's a bit uncalled for asking for a vote to permanently ban @ttony! I think he does a spiffing job!
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Jetfire said:

Problem is with 3000 members, and assuming everyone votes,the vote would be (approx) 1600-1400.

So the 1400 who "lost" the vote would scream and bitch and moan, and ultimatly leave, which no-one wants.

Personally I like having Drew around, but he keeps getting baited into arguements which isn't what this place needs.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• From my point of view he guy added nothing of any value to the forum, 
    Maybe I've just missed it but I haven't seen you posting up stuff like shoot-outs between axe-fx and real amps /different IRs and stuff like that. He's contributed quite a bit to the amp, fx, studio/recording sections I reckon.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • Just an observation...

He regularly breaks rule #1.

I don't mind if he stays or goes. But if it's his knowledge that people want but not his Off Topic banter and this is a shared view. Ban him from Off Topic/Speakers Corner for 6 months or until his behaviour reaches an acceptable standard on the rest of the forum. If he chooses to not visit the site any further, that's not our problem.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    Would now be a bad time to point out a wee grammatical error in the title of this thread?
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3058
    Deijavoo said:
    Would now be a bad time to point out a wee grammatical error in the title of this thread?
    I see two, possibly three. ;)
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    edited January 2015
    From my point of view he guy added nothing of any value to the forum, 
    Maybe I've just missed it but I haven't seen you posting up stuff like shoot-outs between axe-fx and real amps /different IRs and stuff like that. He's contributed quite a bit to the amp, fx, studio/recording sections I reckon.
    Yes, but to balance that I havent been posting off-colour 'jokes' about paedophillia etc etc etc etc either
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Some people are too easily offended.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    lloyd;494199" said:
    Some people are too easily offended.
    How dare you!

:)

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited January 2015
    Snap said:

I don't understand the need to be purposefully insulting or vindicitve on a web forum (or in the real world tbh). There's enough unpleasantness in life without building your own virtual one too.

This is the whole thing encapsulated for me.  I, like most come here to escape a real world over populated by unpleasant pricks and indulge in the things (outside of my family) that I love with like-minded people.  I fucking love you all in your own individual and sometimes damn right peculiar ways.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • TinLipTinLip Frets: 368
    I take offense to that @lloyd

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3058
    Snap said:

I don't understand the need to be purposefully insulting or vindicitve on a web forum (or in the real world tbh). There's enough unpleasantness in life without building your own virtual one too.

This is the whole thing encapsulated for me.  I, like most come here to escape a real world over populated by unpleasant pricks and indulge in the things (outside of my family) that I love with like-minded people.  I fucking love you all, except drew and lix.
    Fixed that for you.
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    Im not offended, but it just puts me (and quite probably a lot of other people) off coming to or contributing to this place because I dont want to read bullshit like that
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited January 2015
    Gotta say, in a thread about two members who just "Couldn't let it go!" there still seems to be an uncomfortable bit of axe-grinding going on.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16303
    Deijavoo said:

pointing out the misuse of an apostrophe usually falls to Lixarto and he doesn't seem to be around at the moment for some reason...
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom