Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Post here if you love Simply Red

What's Hot

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    I fucking love you all in your own individual and sometimes damn right peculiar ways.
    You great big cuddly teacup.
    :D

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3056
    Nice editing, OP :)

R.
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Im not offended, but it just puts me (and quite probably a lot of other people) off coming to or contributing to this place because I dont want to read bullshit like that
    Don't read it then? Putting him on ignore would keep reading what he writes down to a minimum. I think that off colour jokes, swearing and debate etc is something that will put people off and make them want to come here in the first place in equal measure. It didn't put me off joining, or the shit-load of other people that keep joining.....On a personal level I wouldn't want this place to be full of 'won't somebody think of the children' types, I like it as it is-I don't like everything/everyone on here or what they write and certainly don't agree with it all-but I just switch off when it's something I don't want to read or don't click on a thread if it's been started by someone who's online personna turns me off for whatever reason....

The TDPRI is a good forum for some stuff, but it's so sanitized and over modded that it's not a place I visit to post on-just to get info.....I'd hate this place to become like that.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited January 2015
    From my point of view he guy added nothing of any value to the forum, 
    Maybe I've just missed it but I haven't seen you posting up stuff like shoot-outs between axe-fx and real amps /different IRs and stuff like that. He's contributed quite a bit to the amp, fx, studio/recording sections I reckon.
    Yes, but to balance that I havent been posting off-colour 'jokes' about paedophillia etc etc etc etc either
    Yes but to balance that you did follow Drew around a bit and waded into a thread with the sole contribution of calling him a twat.  Not judging or criticising, just putting it out there.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    TinLip said:
    I take offense to that @lloyd
    You would @TinLip!

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    From my point of view he guy added nothing of any value to the forum, 
    Maybe I've just missed it but I haven't seen you posting up stuff like shoot-outs between axe-fx and real amps /different IRs and stuff like that. He's contributed quite a bit to the amp, fx, studio/recording sections I reckon.
    Yes, but to balance that I havent been posting off-colour 'jokes' about paedophillia etc etc etc etc either
    Yes but to balance that you did follow Drew around a bit and waded into a thread with the sole contribution of calling him a twat.  Not judging or criticising, just putting it out there.
    I dont remember ever 'following' anyone about - least of all that guy? Yes I did call him a twat, but of course that kind fo thing isnt offensive
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    At the end of the day it could be worse for all of us.

We could be using TGP instead!

• d8m said:

Well... some of us could... but Gassage is banned from TGP - for life!  :)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    Could we have a default setting for new members that just hides Drew's posts, like with speakers corner? You have to un-ignore him out of choice as it were? /Joke
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30970
    I'm very very proud of that I'll have you know.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    d8m said:

Well... some of us could... but Gassage is banned from TGP - for life!  :)

As am I! All I had to do was question a mod when he suspended me and I was gone
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696

Thing is, with only 5 modmins, they making a decision for 3000 members. Its only a suggestion :)

• Gassage said:
    ... and so you should be, Mr G.
    Gassage;494233" said:
    So you should!

edited January 2015
    Jetfire;494236" said:
    Thing is, with only 5 modmins, they making a decision for 3000 members. Its only a suggestion :)

So you are implying we need more mods?

Drew and lix may be up for it!

If not I would lend a hand anyway I could. Like I said before I enjoy this place it would be nice to help out and give something back.

:)

• I'm all for making everything autonomous. I reckon if you flag a post there should be a 50/50 chance that the author of the post is sent to the cooler, but also a 50/50 chance that the flagger is sent there.

Obviously both those should be separate calculations so you get the chance at dealing with 2 birds with one stone.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hertz32 said:
    Could we have a default setting for new members that just hides Drew's posts, like with speakers corner? You have to un-ignore him out of choice as it were? /Joke

Sounds like the makings of an excellent idea... you could extend it so that new members see the page decorated with a border of fluffy kittens and gambolling lambs... special 'newbie only threads' will be set to auto-agree that 'your mate's Squier Affinity Strat is better than any MasterBuilt you've played'... the navigation menu will include a 'Mojo Download' button
  • xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    I think Lix's sanctimonious bullshit is ridiculous and he clearly knows how to bait someone. Drew rises to it but frankly some of the crap Lix comes out with is laughable, a load of stupidity from his ivory tower with a holier-than-thou attitude, no wonder Drew rose to it.

Lix is clearly a bit manipulative in baiting Drew so deserves some cooler time and Drew deserves cooler time for being a bit dickish in how he rose to it, BUT it would be a genuine shame to lose Drew, I think he's pretty funny and contributes some helpful stuff.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm all for making everything autonomous. I reckon if you flag a post there should be a 50/50 chance that the author of the post is sent to the cooler, but also a 50/50 chance that the flagger is sent there.

Obviously both those should be separate calculations so you get the chance at dealing with 2 birds with one stone.

Interesting idea.  I have just flagged your post.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/26/Yevgeny_Onegin_by_Repin.jpg

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137

Given the astonishing increase in traffic since Drew and Lix have been banned, I propose that in the future, the mods ban them at random times for no particular reason to liven it up a bit when things get a bit quiet.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom