Friday humour

What's Hot

Comments

• I have been listening to loads of Barry Cryer jokes and stories. This is apparently a true(ish) story...

Barry was involved in a TV show and there was another comedian who did the warm up with the studio audience. The young BBC producer was apparently a bit anxious about using him but didn't have much choice. The comedian started his act by saying he knew all the characteristics of the star signs and if people shouted out what star sign they were he would tell them.
     "Aquarius!" shouted a member of the audience.
    "Loud mouthed and always first to answer" said the comedian and there was a ripple of laughter in the theatre before he carried on with the rest of his act.
    Afterwards the producer took him to one side and said "I love your act, especially that first joke about star signs. Tell me, how did you know it was going to be Aquarius..."  

I also love that one he told about how he first discovered Jewish humour. He said he was sat next to a Jewish boy in school, when they were about 10 years old.

The teacher pointed to the Jewish kid and said "Ok, Maurice, what's 10% of £52?"

And the boy replied "My thoughts exactly, sir. What's 10%?"
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 545454545454 Frets: 185

8reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20608
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13588
    get there early,  there's bound to be a queue  
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 4127
    Something tells me you won't be potting the pink (or brown) that night...
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10890
    Lebarque said:

There's a joke about screwback in there somewhere, but god knows if I can find it.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1927
    Give it a break lads. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • the_jaffa said:
    Give it a break lads. 
    And that is my cue for a snooker joke
  • rogdrogd Frets: 1621
    Just chalk it up to experience and play pocket billiards.
  • Lebarque said:

There's a joke about screwback in there somewhere, but god knows if I can find it.

And also one to do with a black triangle.  
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13588
    the_jaffa said:
    Give it a break lads. 
    And that is my cue for a snooker joke
    * cough *  points up  * cough *
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2537
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I have been listening to loads of Barry Cryer jokes and stories. This is apparently a true(ish) story...

Barry was involved in a TV show and there was another comedian who did the warm up with the studio audience. The young BBC producer was apparently a bit anxious about using him but didn't have much choice. The comedian started his act by saying he knew all the characteristics of the star signs and if people shouted out what star sign they were he would tell them.
    "Loud mouthed and always first to answer" said the comedian and there was a ripple of laughter in the theatre before he carried on with the rest of his act.
    Afterwards the producer took him to one side and said "I love your act, especially that first joke about star signs. Tell me, how did you know it was going to be Aquarius..."  

I also love that one he told about how he first discovered Jewish humour. He said he was sat next to a Jewish boy in school, when they were about 10 years old.

The teacher pointed to the Jewish kid and said "Ok, Maurice, what's 10% of £52?"

This was another Cryer/ Jewish humour joke ( I forget his name but Barry had a lifelong friend would tell him these stories): 

A priest, a vicar and a rabbi are discussing matters of faith and the subject of miracles came up. 

“I was once on a boat” said the priest “and a terrible storm blew up and I thought we were going to die. I got on my knees and prayed and suddenly for 100 yards all around the sea was calm and we were able to make it to safety.” 

“I was once in a small plane” said the vicar “and terrible turbulence was tossing it about and I thought we were going to die. I got on my knees and prayed and suddenly for 100 yards all around the turbulence stopped and we were able to make it to safety.” 

“I once went to the synagogue on the sabbath” said the rabbi “and there was a large bag on the steps of the building. I opened the bag and to my surprise it was full of money which started to blow away down the street. A rabbi is of course forbidden from even touching money on the sabbath. I got on my knees and prayed and suddenly  for 100 yards all around it was Wednesday.” 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

I've given it a few days. Annnnd....I still don't get it ?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4714
    edited February 2022
    Lol, Me either Pet

Temper Sent ??
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28397
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom