5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28397

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4714
    edited February 2022
    Nope, yay, oww and nope
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PetGerbil said:
    I have been listening to loads of Barry Cryer jokes and stories. This is apparently a true(ish) story...

Barry was involved in a TV show and there was another comedian who did the warm up with the studio audience. The young BBC producer was apparently a bit anxious about using him but didn't have much choice. The comedian started his act by saying he knew all the characteristics of the star signs and if people shouted out what star sign they were he would tell them.
     "Aquarius!" shouted a member of the audience.
    "Loud mouthed and always first to answer" said the comedian and there was a ripple of laughter in the theatre before he carried on with the rest of his act.
    Afterwards the producer took him to one side and said "I love your act, especially that first joke about star signs. Tell me, how did you know it was going to be Aquarius..."  

I also love that one he told about how he first discovered Jewish humour. He said he was sat next to a Jewish boy in school, when they were about 10 years old.

The teacher pointed to the Jewish kid and said "Ok, Maurice, what's 10% of £52?"

And the boy replied "My thoughts exactly, sir. What's 10%?"
    I've given it a few days. Annnnd....I still don't get it ?
    The kid is basically saying 10%? Meh, that's rubbish.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PoboyPoboy Frets: 432
    I don't get the Aquarious one....
  • BrioBrio Frets: 2270
    The comedian would say ""Loud mouthed and always first to answer" no matter the star sign.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Yeah, I get that part, but why is it funny that the producer doesn't understand that?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Poboy said:
    I don't get the Aquarious one....
    Whatever star sign was shouted out first the comedian would say loud mouthed,etc. So it’s the BBC producer being stupid and thinking that those characteristics were only Aquarius and didn’t understand how the comedian knew that Aquarius would be shouted first.

PetGerbil said:
    I have been listening to loads of Barry Cryer jokes and stories. This is apparently a true(ish) story...

Barry was involved in a TV show and there was another comedian who did the warm up with the studio audience. The young BBC producer was apparently a bit anxious about using him but didn't have much choice. The comedian started his act by saying he knew all the characteristics of the star signs and if people shouted out what star sign they were he would tell them.
     "Aquarius!" shouted a member of the audience.
    "Loud mouthed and always first to answer" said the comedian and there was a ripple of laughter in the theatre before he carried on with the rest of his act.
    Afterwards the producer took him to one side and said "I love your act, especially that first joke about star signs. Tell me, how did you know it was going to be Aquarius..."  

I also love that one he told about how he first discovered Jewish humour. He said he was sat next to a Jewish boy in school, when they were about 10 years old.

The teacher pointed to the Jewish kid and said "Ok, Maurice, what's 10% of £52?"

And the boy replied "My thoughts exactly, sir. What's 10%?"
    I've given it a few days. Annnnd....I still don't get it ?
    The kid is basically saying 10%? Meh, that's rubbish.
    In my head at least done in a stereotypical shrug of shoulders, old Jewish guy voice as mimicked by a small Jewish child. 

These are jokes about Jews by Jews ( if then related by Barry Cryer and us); I don’t know if this helps…

https://youtu.be/umikiZH_m6k
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Poboy said:
    Yeah, I get that part, but why is it funny that the producer doesn't understand that?
    I’m not saying it’s the funniest story ever, it’s just the twist. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    But it doesn't make sense at all. If the producer genuinely believed that the comedian knew which personality traits were associated with specific star signs, then it wouldn't have mattered whether it was the first one shouted out and they wouldn't have been asking that question.
    1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18329
    tFB Trader
    Poboy said:
    But it doesn't make sense at all. If the producer genuinely believed that the comedian knew which personality traits were associated with specific star signs, then it wouldn't have mattered whether it was the first one shouted out and they wouldn't have been asking that question.

You might be overthinking it
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20604
    edited February 2022

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30358
    axisus said:

???
    It must be funny coz it got 3 lols but I don't get it.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Poboy said:

You might be overthinking it
    Sorry. I just like my jokes to make sense.
  • DCS222DCS222 Frets: 53
    It’s a car that’s driven on what is apparently ice and fallen through… a lonely set of prints leading away to safety… it’s funny because someone has been unfortunate, but don’t worry, it’s ok because the driver probably  ended up with a life long pub tale… 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30358
    DCS222 said:
    It’s a car that’s driven on what is apparently ice and fallen through… a lonely set of prints leading away to safety… it’s funny because someone has been unfortunate, but don’t worry, it’s ok because the driver probably  ended up with a life long pub tale… 
    Ah, right, I didn't see the footprints.
    DCS222 said:
    You might be overthinking it.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8499
    5reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8499

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20604
    Happy Valentines Day  :3

8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom