What's Hot

Comments

• rogdrogd Frets: 1621
    No photo description available
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6375
    Haych said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    ...and that's just reintroduced the racism.
    Ahem

Emp_Fab said:
    One of Simon Evans's.....

Three blokes, an Englishman, a Welshman and a Pakistani are waiting to meet their newborn sons for the first time at the maternity hospital.  The nurse comes out to say there's been a terrible mix-up and they don't know whose baby is who's.  The men agree to go in and pick a baby each and say nothing to their wives (I know, but it's a joke).  The Englishman goes in first and comes out with what is clearly the Pakistani guy's child.  The Pakistani quickly protests, to which the Englishman says "Yeah, but it's 50:50 that one of the others is Welsh and I wasn't willing to take the chance".
    Although I notice nobody was so bold as to call this one out, not that I'm pointing the finger, Emp, or suggesting it should be, but if one is racist and the other is ok then double standards exist.

I'm not fighting my corner, I repeated a joke to which somebody took offence - I don't come here for arguments or confrontations so I held up my hands, apologised and removed my post, although now that it's been quoted it seems to be indelible on the forum forever, I thought my change would filter through and remove it from quotes too, but that doesn't seem to have worked.

Maybe if the mods can do something about that then I leave that to their discretion and I'll accept any sanctions for my blatant and outrageous hate of anyone who isn't Jacob Rees-Mogg.
    So does that mean your a Moggist?  B)
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • HaychHaych Frets: 6171
    equalsql said:
    Haych said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    Ahem

Emp_Fab said:

Three blokes, an Englishman, a Welshman and a Pakistani are waiting to meet their newborn sons for the first time at the maternity hospital.  The nurse comes out to say there's been a terrible mix-up and they don't know whose baby is who's.  The men agree to go in and pick a baby each and say nothing to their wives (I know, but it's a joke).  The Englishman goes in first and comes out with what is clearly the Pakistani guy's child.  The Pakistani quickly protests, to which the Englishman says "Yeah, but it's 50:50 that one of the others is Welsh and I wasn't willing to take the chance".
    Although I notice nobody was so bold as to call this one out, not that I'm pointing the finger, Emp, or suggesting it should be, but if one is racist and the other is ok then double standards exist.

I'm not fighting my corner, I repeated a joke to which somebody took offence - I don't come here for arguments or confrontations so I held up my hands, apologised and removed my post, although now that it's been quoted it seems to be indelible on the forum forever, I thought my change would filter through and remove it from quotes too, but that doesn't seem to have worked.

Maybe if the mods can do something about that then I leave that to their discretion and I'll accept any sanctions for my blatant and outrageous hate of anyone who isn't Jacob Rees-Mogg.
    So does that mean you’re a Moggist?  B)
    Just a bit of TIC. 

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

• proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    My missus said to me, "The women's World Cup is just starting, Are you going to watch it, or do you want to come and help me do the shopping?"

Sent from my iPhone, in Sainsbury's.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3237
    edited July 2023

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 25595
    edited July 2023
    Haych said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    Ahem

Emp_Fab said:

I was just pointing out that Sporky had suggested an edit to the original racist joke to make it non-racist which Stratavarious then commented on saying it was originally about the Welsh, thus counteracting Sporky's efforts.  I wasn't complaining about him making it racist again per se, I was commenting on his apparent misreading of the sequence of events.

As for my Simon Evans joke - I'm allowed to, I'm Welsh!
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    Emp_Fab said:
    Haych said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    Ahem

Emp_Fab said:

I was just pointing out that Sporky had suggested an edit to the original racist joke to make it non-racist which Stratavarious then commented on saying it was originally about the Welsh, thus counteracting Sporky's efforts.  I wasn't complaining about him making it racist again per se, I was commenting on his apparent misreading of the sequence of events.

As for my Simon Evans joke - I'm allowed to, I'm Welsh!
    Just because you live there, it doesn’t mean you’re Welsh!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    OK, I'm 95% Welsh and I live here.  I was actually born in Slough, so technically that makes me Pakistani.

2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ....and before anyone flags that, check the definition of 'racism' first.

• StratavariousStratavarious Frets: 3828
    edited July 2023
    Shrews said:

Making fun of the domestic policies of a foreign country is racist.  Stop it! 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28397
    Can we get off the racism stuff and get back to funnies!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 12reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8499
    edited July 2023
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11725
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HaychHaych Frets: 6171
    "Did I ever tell you about the time I dated twins?" 

"No. How could you tell them apart?" 

"Well, Lucinda had purple nails. And Edgar had a penis."

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rogdrogd Frets: 1621
    May be an image of timber yard and text that says Thrilling chase underway TK 1
    15reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6813
    Although it has only been announced today, Sinead O'Connor actually died on the 11th of July.  Its been 7 hours and 15 days...
    6reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25099
    Chalky said:
    Although it has only been announced today, Sinead O'Connor actually died on the 11th of July.  Its been 7 hours and 15 days...
    Too soon, probably.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Way too soon.  FFS.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20587

8reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15428
    tFB Trader
    crunchman said: