Which Movie Scene Freaked You The Most

What's Hot

Comments

• vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3675
    Just remembered. The bit in Trainspotting with the baby dying and then crawling about on the ceiling. That was really disturbing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    Philly_Q said:
    Not a specific scene, but seeing Eraserhead for the first time.

It was the early '80s, I was at University and I had this radio-cassette player with a 5" black and white TV screen.  Late one night, channel-hopping (all four of 'em) I stumbled on Eraserhead.  I'd never heard of it, never heard of David Lynch, didn't have a TV listings magazine to find out what the hell it was..... sitting there watching that strange, strange film on that fuzzy little screen it just didn't seem like reality.  I thought I'd picked up something from another dimension and I was the only person watching it.  It was truly disturbing... but in a good way.

I saw this at the flics when it first came out, I've never seen so many people walk out of a cinema in such a short space of time. By the end of the film there were only a handful of people left. Not a great recommendation for a movie, I realise.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7922
    Another vote for Event Horizon. Possibly the only film I ever came away from the cinema scared shitless. 
    It just goes to show how different we all are, I went to see it expecting something thrilling and thought provoking and was bored to tears by it. I watched it again on TV a few years later to give it another chance and still thought it was rubbish ;)
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    A mate of mine said it was his favourite film. I couldn't believe it. It's a load of silly space nonsense with a load of mediocre visual effects, yawn.
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    Its not thought provoking, its shlocky horror in space but its great, also the line at the end cracks me up every time

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    This bit in Deathwatch
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I don't know what film it is, but when I was about 7 or 8, or 6... I dunno. Anyway, this film I watched at my grandma's, this girl gets her legs run over by a train, and then is in a car being rushed somewhere without her legs and then she dies.

It's probably actually tame, but I was young and hadn't seen anything like it. And I haven't been able to find out what film it was so it kind of has this mystique in my mind.
    My V key is broken
  • FazerFazer Frets: 468
    awww, those little mice are just keeping him warm and giving him leg cuddles
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 1104
    For me TV Static scene from  Poltergeist 1982 (i was 8 at the time)

In-fact the whole film freaked me the fuck out,and for years later id get a tinggle up my spin if i saw an untuned TV set,even walking past them in shop windows would set me off ;)

2nd scene i remember giving me sleepless nights was in the Chest Defibrillation part in The Thing (again 1982) that was some scary shit to be watching at 8 !
  • cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
    Not really a freaked out by, more of a left an impression in my then young mind….Ring of Bright Water..shovel
  • holnrew said:
    this film I watched at my grandma's, this girl gets her legs run over by a train, and then is in a car being rushed somewhere without her legs and then she dies.

I've seen that too.  When I was young a Jehovah Witness knocked at the door and gave me the video and said just said "This is what happens to non-believers!" in a really spooky voice.  I thought it was quite kind actually because at the time the only video I had was Thundercats The Movie.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    i couldnt find a video clip, but the 2 oddbods creeped the fuck out of me

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299

I thought I'd seen a lot until this, so I'd have to nominate just about everything that occurs after about the first 25 minutes of this -

http://adventureamigos.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Martyrs-feature1.jpg

It's not even just the obvious either, the sheer hopelessness of the situation is intensely gut-wrenching.

Yup. This is supposed to be grim.

Salo: 120 Days of Sodomy was pretty bad and I simply refuse to watch Siberian Film.
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299

This nigh on fucking killed me as a kid. No idea why.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    One night, my best mate and I watched the following on 25g of dry shrooms each:

Waynes World
    Eraserhead
    Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
    Naked Lunch

Yeah couldn't sleep for a night or so after.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DJWDJW Frets: 35
    I always thought the robot gunslinger Yul Brynner played in Westworld was brilliantly creepy. Mark of a great actor I suppose.

As someone has mentioned Poltergeist...my wife used to freak me out by whispering 'They're here' if I had dozed off in front of the telly and the static screen was on.

It's noticeable that some mention being frightened by movies they saw when they were young and the effect it has had on them.  The one that sent me to bed screaming when I was about eight and which at fifty nine still makes me go cold at the memory is an episode of The Outer Limits called the Bellero Shield. I've seen it since and it's nothing to write home about but the memory of seeing it as an eight year old has never left me. Worth bearing in mind if you have nippers, they see things through different eyes.
    Always fly in the middle of the sky. Don't go near the edges.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23681
    Deijavoo said:

I thought I'd seen a lot until this, so I'd have to nominate just about everything that occurs after about the first 25 minutes of this -

http://adventureamigos.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Martyrs-feature1.jpg

It's not even just the obvious either, the sheer hopelessness of the situation is intensely gut-wrenching.

Yup. This is supposed to be grim.

Salo: 120 Days of Sodomy was pretty bad and I simply refuse to watch Siberian Film.
    Martyrs is a tough watch but it's so unrelenting - pretty much non-stop horribleness for the whole film - that I actually got bored eventually.

(I assume you're kidding about Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom and A Serbian Film)

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7381
    I'm desensitized to everything. What became of subtlety?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom