Which Movie Scene Freaked You The Most

What's Hot

Comments

• mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Quiet as a Nun, an ITV Armchair Thriller scared the bejesus out of me as a kid. Probably 'cos I went to a primary school run by nuns!

The key scene is on youtube I think
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23681
    holnrew said:
    Anybody mentioned Return to Oz?

Return to Oz is a criminally underrated film, I love it!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33984
    The ending in Sante Sangre. Scariest thing of all time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5883
    Just for you @mellowsun

It had the same effect on me as a young un. The opening credits to Armchair Thriller were creepy too.

Only a Fool Would Say That.
    Sassafras said:
    I much prefer films that make me jump out of my skin than films that make me feel sick. Suspense is a lot more shocking than crap like all the Saw and Hostel type slice and dice films that try to nauseate rather than thrill and make your hair stand on end (a forlorn hope these days,alas).

I agree, but I can watch those films for what they are worth. You've probably seen it, but if you are looking for a modern film that is very creepy and unnerving, I can recommend "The Conjuring". The Prequel Annabelle is not bad, but doesn't quite live up to it sadly.
  • FazerFazer Frets: 468
    re the faceless nun - i think its the screaming as much as anything else.

also the theme music of those shows tends to get imprinted, like tales of the unexpected
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1341
    That Superman scene where he's fighting himself somehow and ends up in a car crusher......it weirded me out. Perhaps because it wasn't meant to be obviously disturbing like all the horror films.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    mario bava's black sabbath, yes the one that ozzy saw the poster of

i remember watching this as a quite young child on my own, late at night while my parents were having a party or something.
    it's corky's creepy voice that does it

Feckin El @Fazer

That Black Sabbath scene must have been terrifying for a 60's audience. Love the Fembots too and Lee Majors with a Tache :-)

The Fembots reminded me of something else that I watched in the last few years, that I then remembered made me shudder as a kid.

The intro and especially at 0:55 - 1:03

axisus said:
    Just remembered another - the eye scene from "un chien andalou". 

Seriously, don't look it up. I saw it at art college in 1981 and I haven't wanted to see it again.
    This thread has been an education in some respects, that was really quite graphic for 1929. I'm gonna be busy checking out a lot of the lesser known to me stuff on here.
    wow, that future shock looks good, there is literally nothing better than a freaky faced robot female, except for a freaky faced robot child.
    definitely added that one to my list.
    along with your original o lucky man - i had always been put off by the title and never investigated it further, but that clip is awesome!
    i've got it ready and waiting a 3 hour time slot .....

yeah, mario bava was certainly a pioneer of 'modern' style horror, has been credited with the first 'slasher' with bay of blood, and in the above clip (and the lucky man one) it proves to me that real life props have the creepy edge over cgi
    edited April 2015
    Great film @Fazer

Edit: Magic that is (responese overlapping lol)

Me thinks we have very similar tastes.

To go off on a slight tangent for a while, my mind has strayed to gratuitous violent scenes for the minute and while I can accept violence in films and accept that "it's just a film" (even though it has a basis in real life, eg Goodfellas/Mafia etc) there is one example that I thought crossed a boundary that never should have been crossed in actually showing it on screen.

It's the scene from the original Assault on Precinct 13 where the thug shoots the little girl at the Ice Cream Van....awful, just awful.

There's a lot of Classics on here, shame I haven'y had much time to follow my own thread, but some beauties.

I'm slow on the uptake, but I only just realised they are remaking Poltergeist, released soon I believe, I'm bound to want to see it, but the original was a classic.

This white monster thing at 0:20 onwards was a wonder of special effects, I do believe they used no GCI in this film either.

Oooooh, I say.
    Just remembered. The bit in Trainspotting with the baby dying and then crawling about on the ceiling. That was really disturbing.
    Jeeez, yes that was incredibly fucked up.
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6244
    The one the terrified me when I was a kid was an episode of the Outer Limits called: 'It came out of the woodwork' . It starred Agnes Moorehead of Bewitched fame. The scenes where the energy-monster killed its victims, haunted my childhood dreams.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10414
    The ankle breaking scene in Misery.

Cringe city.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    This is a great thread!

The first time I was really, really scared in a cinema was Jumanji. I went to see it twice, and those beating drums would probably still get me today. In particular, the scene where the chest containing the game is pulled out of the mud, the scene where the kids start playing it and the scene where Sarah sees Jumanji for the first time as a grown up and screams at the sight of a board game. Tame, but I was a kid.

My favourite moment in Poltergeist is the chairs on the kitchen table.

The whole of Watership Down is fucking traumatic, with the waves of blood and whatnot, but yes - the Bright Eyes end sequence and General Woundwort's bloody face are particularly awful.

When I was far too young, we were at someone else's house and on telly in the kitchen was a bit of a horror film. I can't remember much, but it was in colour, it was (I think) an outdoor night-time scene and there was a screaming decapitated head - I think a woman's - running along the ground somehow. I can still see it burned into my brain, along with the mat on that kitchen floor that my traumatised eyes fell on. I would dearly, dearly love to know what film I saw a fragment of - if anyone has any ideas, chuck them this way...

I'll ponder this further.

watership down is one i havent dared to watch yet, along with plague dogs (i've got the the uncut version)

another one i've been meaning to watch for a couple of decades but cant face it, is pixote, the brasilian film about a 10 year old runaway child living on the streets of sao paolo
    and the creepiest soundtrack of all time + many great scenes

"Damien, I love you!"

shudder