Which Movie Scene Freaked You The Most

What's Hot

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17904
    tFB Trader
    Just had to trawl through a list of horror films to remember the name of the film.
    When I was about seven or eight I went downstairs in the middle of the night to wake my mum up because she had fallen asleep in front of the TV. There was a horror film on where a young man drugged and raped women and drank their blood. I stood transfixed watching it before my mum woke up and turned it off. It absolutely terrified me and it was such a weird vivid memory that I thought it might be some kind of dream (and my mum doesn't remember it happening) until someone mentioned the George Romero film "Martin" and I realised that's what it was. 

Other notable films were:

The greenhouse scene from Scum.

Watching The Thing aged about ten at a mates house.

Seeing the final couple of scenes from Society when turning the TV on randomly late at night.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 1104
    edited April 2015
    Dam in have some freaky stuff to check out thanks to this thread!

Not a movie but i remember some stuff fas a kid rom "Tales Of The Unexpected" i think it was,one ep where a women was running a B&B and taxidermist'ing her guest and another about a guys brain with an eye and a mirror and a hatred of horse racing (now i have to go look that stuff up to find the year)

I found "Decent" 2005 quite disturbing enought that i know i will never ever ever go pot holing or spelunking
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5883
    @Gizmo

So glad you jolted my memory with Tales of the Unexpected. That episode was called "The Landlady" and it was a good un, a lot of T.O.T.U were are bit camp, but they were all worth a view.

The most disturbing Tales of the Unexpected I recall was titled "The Flypaper"

Most people probably guessed the ending but it still makes my blood run cold.

Good job the Title Music is so soothing :-)
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • equalsql said:
    Agnes Moorehead of Bewitched fame.
    She proper freaked me out as a youngster, was never quite sure if I was scared of her or a little intrigued by the older woman thing. I reckon both were equally scary!
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    @Bellycaster - that was creepy!

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    Judging by what you lot all watch, I would say there are some seriously disturbed individuals on this forum!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Two girls one cup.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DJWDJW Frets: 35
    Just remembered the other TV series that used to scare me and my sister to death. It was on probably mid sixties and was called 'Mystery and Imagination' (not to be confused with the later and far more tame 'Tales of Mystery and Imagination.') On after The Avengers if I remember rightly. We used to watch it through little gaps in our fingers.
    Always fly in the middle of the sky. Don't go near the edges.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137

I've been struggling with remembering this one for ages, now I've found it.

It's from the 'Outer Limits' series, in 1995, the episode was called 'The Quality of Life'. It looked like the aliens were changing a young girl to be one of them. But the twist is that the young girl says right at the end "You don't understand, John. They're not changing me, they're changing me back."

Shit me up, good and proper.

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Drew_fx said:
    One night, my best mate and I watched the following on 25g of dry shrooms each:

Waynes World

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

Yeah couldn't sleep for a night or so after.

Both horrific films...........

First (and only) time I saw "The Human Centipede) was enough. Never again. Won't be watching the sequels either.

And since seeing "IT" I despise clowns. All clowns are Evil bastard clowns.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    No mention of the Wicker Man yet?

Transformers freaked me out, in a "how could anyone possibly make this movie?" way.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    I didn't find Wicker Man freaked me out, it was just plain weird.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    For me it would have to be the original Thai version of Shutter, watched it with the wife on a stormy night in the jungle. You need to see the whole film and it helps if your wife believes in ghosts

Spoilers inside

Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• MPHMPH Frets: 56
    edited April 2015
    Salem's Lot - the jail scene.  I watched this as a kid.  Shat me right up.

• snakemanStoosnakemanStoo Frets: 1708
    edited April 2015
    Mrs Stoo says the bit in Robocop where Murphy gets shot to pieces 
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • Mrs Stoo says the bit in Robocop where Murphy gets shot to pieces 
    I think it would have been a far freakier film if he hadn't though and they took a perfectly healthy Murphy and removed his head and spine to power a robot.  That would have been up there with Human Centipede etc.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • snakemanStoosnakemanStoo Frets: 1708
    Mrs Stoo says the bit in Robocop where Murphy gets shot to pieces 
    I think it would have been a far freakier film if he hadn't though and they took a perfectly healthy Murphy and removed his head and spine to power a robot.  That would have been up there with Human Centipede etc.
    Good point, but I like where you're going with that.  Throw a few ideas around, make a script and let's see what kind of film it'd make
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • racefaceec90racefaceec90 Frets: 1022
    does anyone remember a short film (shown late at night on channel 4) about a young boy,who is imagining hearing a killer/monster in his room.

at the end you see the monster killer creeping towards him.

the monster was pretty creepy actually i remember (looked like a monstrous marilyn manson with a leering grin and blood dripping from it's hands (as it had just killed the kid's parents i think).

have tried to find it/remember the name of it,but cannot.
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Oh yes.

"Xtro"

Really made me feel uncomfortable in so many scenes.

• DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2178
    The first thing which shat me up properly was this

I was four at the time....it was the deranged smile.

I'm not a massive horror fan, I tend to be a massive scaredy cat. I get wigged out by the 70s religious flicks. I watched the Babbadok recently which wasn't as bad as I was expecting.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.