Fallout 4

What's Hot

Comments

• I've completed the BOS quests. I found them to be less morally abhorrent than The Institute. I'm either going to side with The Minutemen to The Railroad this time around.

I'm building more this time to, now that I understand the mechanics of the settlements work wrt to gain wedge.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DaevidJDaevidJ Frets: 414
    I am taking advantage of reloads when Marcy Long makes one of her comments to me... Head-shot Gauss rifle... reload... that's better ;) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Those gauss rifles are a good piece of kit.

The perk from MacCready is pretty handy if you like shooting peoples' faces off
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17940
    tFB Trader
    I'm about level 38 now, but I've done practically bugger all of the main quest.

Really enjoying it at the moment.
    Those gauss rifles are a good piece of kit.

The perk from MacCready is pretty handy if you like shooting peoples' faces off
    Sadly it looks like they fixed the bug with crits on head shots which always resulted in a crit... As it is there is more fun with creative shooting of cars, frag mines, fusion cores on power armour and Suicidal Super Mutants to maximise carnage XD
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    I've been neglecting this due to R6 and battlefront. Need to get back into it!

• Completed it and on L45 - the only trophy I need for Platinum is the level 50 so need to grind out up to 50! Anyone know any decent high xp story lines if you finish with the institute?
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114

I've only been playing this a bit (on PC), but really like it.

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong though, I killed Kellogg last night and am only level 8!!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Lev 33 and just wandering around completing kill-em-all quests for minuteman and brotherhood.
    Man, you can spend hours playing that game and not even realise.
  • L32ish. I just got a Courser Chip, iirc. Don't know how far through the main quest that puts me. Most importantly, I have the ballistic weave from those nice Railroad folks, so my hat protects me more than my armour. It is nifty :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Where did You find it?
    Not a massive fan of power armor and I find good combat armor quite difficult to find.
    I'm wearing synth helmet and my guy looks like a tit.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • L32ish. I just got a Courser Chip, iirc. Don't know how far through the main quest that puts me. Most importantly, I have the ballistic weave from those nice Railroad folks, so my hat protects me more than my armour. It is nifty :)
    You have to do a bunch of Railroad stuff then it unlocks. *then* you have to keep Ballistic Fibre permanently on search to be able to find enough to actually upgrade stuff. And be level 3 or 4 armorer to get a high enough upgrade to be worth spending that fibre on. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Thanks @stickyfiddle - haven't done a single one for railroad yet. Just shows how much of an amateur I am ;)
  • have had the game for a few weeks now. have been playing it on/off for the first few weeks,but something clicked today,and i have been playing it constantly since 3-4am today. have just killed kellog and exited the fort to see (no spoilers). this game is fantastic  :D
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17940
    tFB Trader
    I'm at about level 47 and I've just been to see virgil so I think it could be said that I'm taking it easy.

Nice to see the latest patch has fixed a lot of glitches, but doesn't seem to have resolved the menus claiming settlements have no beds or no food when they actually do.
  • monquixote;972448" said:
    ...Nice to see the latest patch has fixed a lot of glitches, but doesn't seem to have resolved the menus claiming settlements have no beds or no food when they actually do.
    Is that the PC version You're experiencing those issues with?
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24724

Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Where did You find it?
    Not a massive fan of power armor and I find good combat armor quite difficult to find.
    I'm wearing synth helmet and my guy looks like a tit.
    I found in the end using ballistic weave on the Courser coat and a ballistic woven fedora to be a good choice armour wise... I also have the guards at the castle equipped with Courser coats Synth field helmets and Gauss rifles :D 
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114
    Sporky said:
    I think it's the defend-the-settlement ones I dislike most - they're usually worried about something halfway across the map.

I'm mostly a sneaker, so lots of levels in stealth and associated. Hacking and lockpicking too.

For sidekicks I like Nick best so far.

I've also taken a real dislike to the Gunners so any opportunity to harass them is an opportunity I'll take.

I'm now level 18, and am playing the game in exactly the same way! 2.5x damage from sneaking + a decent sniper rifle has meant plenty of fun taking out enemies from a distance.

Must say though that the Ai is pretty poor, I shoot the head off one guy and the other to his side says "What was that sound?" etc.

Story is good, although being completely new to the franchise, settlement building hasn't been something I've tried.

Overall I seem to ploughing more and more time into it.

• I completed the game some time back now. 
    I did enjoy it but I felt more detached from the story compared to New Vegas and Fallout 3. 
    There were some nice touches but a lot of the time it did just feel like I was fetching stuff. 
    I did enjoy the sky boat though 

I think Fallout 3 is my favourite, it was very lonely and desperate and felt more like an apocalypse (I say this based on no real life experience of said apocalypse ) the other 2 games didn't quite have the atmosphere. 
    I also missed the clan style approach from New Vegas. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.