Fallout 4

What's Hot

Comments

• meltedbuzzbox;982456" said:

I think Fallout 3 is my favourite, it was very lonely and desperate and felt more like an apocalypse (I say this based on no real life experience of said apocalypse )...
    Have you never been to Slough?!
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Being massively busy at work I didnt get much time to play it but still managed few hours here and there. Currently lev 30 ish and still spending most of time wandering about killing raiders/supermutants.
    To me, the game has a great post apocalyptic feel to it but I didn't play F3 so cannot compare really.
    I've spent hours playing the first two original ones so I don't think that F4 is lacking the vibe.
    I like the nodding options on both armor and weapons, I like the building mode too, but can't be bothered to spend my time building castles ;) maybe once I get bored with killing stuff.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17917
    tFB Trader
    BigBearKris;972650" said:
    [quote="monquixote;972448"]...Nice to see the latest patch has fixed a lot of glitches, but doesn't seem to have resolved the menus claiming settlements have no beds or no food when they actually do.
    Is that the PC version You're experiencing those issues with?[/quote]

Ps4

• meltedbuzzbox;982456" said:

I think Fallout 3 is my favourite, it was very lonely and desperate and felt more like an apocalypse (I say this based on no real life experience of said apocalypse )...
    Have you never been to Slough?!
    no, but I dare say Corby is a lot worse
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1788
    I've just finished the main story last night.
    I didn't like the Institute very much so I blew the whole damn thing up - with gorillas and all. I did carry out the evacuation so wasn't planning on killing innocent people but the hell with the white-synthed bastards ;)
    I guess now I will play a but less but still want to develop my character a bit more - as some of the LevUp points I've clearly spent on stuff I don't even use, which bugs me a bit as I still cannot upgrade armours, weapons and I'm constantly running out of ammo (does the "finding ammo perk" helps a lot? I need to invest more points in that).

How about You guys? After finishing the main quest do You find yourself playing F4 still?
    Are You happy with Your characters? What's Your favourite thing to do in the Wastelands?
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114

*** Spoilers***

I’m at level 37 now, still really enjoying the game. My play style is very stealthy, and it’s nice that with nearly maxed stealth perks my character is especially powerful.

But I’ve had real issues with who to side with. I initially took on loads of minutemen missions, then once I’d levelled up a fair bit did the freedom trail and went back to the main story for a while. I worked with the institute (only to see what they were up to from the inside) for just a little bit too long and ended up on the wrong side of the railroad – the group who’s aims I admired the most (I think – didn’t actually work with them at all really).

So then I went with the brotherhood for a while to see what they are all about, but find the whole macho thing a bit tiresome. Then the whole Paladin Danse thing was a pain as I didn’t want to kill him but also didn’t have enough charisma to stop him from killing himself.

I think in the end I’ll side with the institute, but I don’t like their insistence on erasing rogue synths.

• 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    Level 50 and pretty much run out of things to do. Completed the main quest and all the side quests. Downloaded the Automatron expansion which was a couple of hours of fun. It's pretty neat being able to upgrade and create robots , Codsworth is now an elite killing machine.

Big expansion is out in May apparently. Massive new area to explore which looks worth waiting for. Until then I'll probably go on every now and again if I'm really bored, see if there's anything else to discover.
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3099
    Same here. I've already got to level 49 with my second character. Now I'm tiring of it so I think I'll go back to Skyrim, I never get bored of it.
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    edited June 2016
    Still plodding through this. 
    Just got myself banished from the institute, father had it coming!

• d8m said:
    Still plodding through this. 
    Just got myself banished from the institute, father had it coming!

Just defended the castle, I'm only a level 28 so it took some serious effort! 

Going to up my level a big on side quests before attempting the nuclear option.

• LoFiLoFi Frets: 535
    d8m said:
    Just defended the castle, I'm only a level 28 so it took some serious effort! 

Going to up my level a big on side quests before attempting the nuclear option.
    I was way lower than that (assuming that's the one with the queen Mirelurk) - took me god knows how many tries, exact placement of mines/C4/etc. Of course, if you're not talking about the one with the queen Mirelurk, I'm probably just a bit shite at the game.

On the upside, I did basically all of the Minutemen quests before I followed the main plotline at all, so bitchslapped my way through most of that. Unfortunately, I then broke the main plotline (killed the courser before the battle at Boot Hill (IIRC), rather than making the choice afterwrards), and my last manual save was about 20 hours earlier, so I've given up on it.
    I think he's talking about defending the Castle from the synths.

I've finished the main plot a while ago and sadly haven't played the game since. Have to play it at some point...
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3090
    I bought this the other day - scored on eBay for just over a tenner.

I have to say I think it's really difficult to get into - can't work out how to build anything or get sidekicks etc. 
    Got myself a decent suit of armour with the minigun but I've now run out of bullets and can't find anymore.... Can't complete the missions as I keep getting killed by raiders and their machine gun turrets....

Maybe I'm just not cut out for games like this....

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27833
    RobDavies said:

I have to say I think it's really difficult to get into - can't work out how to build anything or get sidekicks etc. 
    Got myself a decent suit of armour with the minigun but I've now run out of bullets and can't find anymore.... Can't complete the missions as I keep getting killed by raiders and their machine gun turrets....

I suspect you might be trying to run before you can walk. Get yourself a good pistol and machine gun, don't worry about power armour, and do plenty of quests.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    I think he's talking about defending the Castle from the synths.

I've finished the main plot a while ago and sadly haven't played the game since. Have to play it at some point...
    Yep I was defending it from the institute attack, it was relentless!

I'm going to take a break from questing now and build up some stronger weapons and ammo reserves :)

stickyfiddle;1132496" said:
    RobDavies said:

I have to say I think it's really difficult to get into - can't work out how to build anything or get sidekicks etc. Got myself a decent suit of armour with the minigun but I've now run out of bullets and can't find anymore.... Can't complete the missions as I keep getting killed by raiders and their machine gun turrets....

I suspect you might be trying to run before you can walk. Get yourself a good pistol and machine gun, don't worry about power armour, and do plenty of quests.
    What Sticky says.

Also - it's well worth to develop Luck -> finding ammo perk as you'll never have too much ammo in this game.
    Also - power suit sux balls ;) sniper rifle and steady hand it's where it's at!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29194
    I've only used the power armour that one time you have to. Sneaky sneaky snipey snipey.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27833
    Sporky;1133648" said:
    I've only used the power armour that one time you have to. Sneaky sneaky snipey snipey.
    Me too. I also gave all my guns names, including Britney, Betsy, Jefferson Sniper and Mr Fluffles.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2958
    Im at level 17.  Stayed away from Diamond City for ages but finally went and traded for a couple of sniper rifles (one with a night scope) and an assault rifle, plus lots of ammo.  Its made it much more enjoyable and Im not going back to clear a couple of places that I was previously unable to deal with.  I haven't used the power armour either.