Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25557
    Oh, and add a smidge of drive. Turn up the gain until you can hear it... Then turn it back down a gnats.

Just to (hopefully) make it sound alive and give a bit more harmonic content.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    I have been particularly enjoying the leslie emulation on the helix of late, particularly after having it pointed out that it should be used as a cab/IR rather than an effect. it's rather marvelllous.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30205
    Oh, and add a smidge of drive. Turn up the gain until you can hear it... Then turn it back down a gnats.

Just to (hopefully) make it sound alive and give a bit more harmonic content.

Done. Not actually tried it yet, but my "standard" patch now has 19 blocks in four signal paths. That's perfectly cromulent.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • matt1973matt1973 Frets: 387
    kjdowd said:
    I have been particularly enjoying the leslie emulation on the helix of late, particularly after having it pointed out that it should be used as a cab/IR rather than an effect. it's rather marvelllous.

kjdowd said:

As well as or instead of a standard guitar cab ir?
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25557
    When I listen to isolated bass tracks, I'm always amazed at how much drive is used even on tunes that sound completely clean when mixed.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• Could you provide some examples of what kind of tracks you're talking about @fretmeister  ?

I've tended to be impressed by the amount of fret buzz/clank that a lot of rock players get away with.  The Sansamp/Darkglass grit sound seems to be about emphasising those frequencies I find.

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Listen to the iso bass for whole lot of love
    There is a lot more going on there than I thought
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7974
    edited March 2016
    Yeah just took a listen.

I also found this playlist of 145 isolated bass tracks so that will be me busy for a while. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    matt1973 said:
    kjdowd said:

kjdowd said:

As well as or instead of a standard guitar cab ir?
    Instead of. I have it in a few patches and assign a footswitch to toggle between it and the standard IR (set the IR as active and the leslie as inactive, then assign the footswitch to both so that it will toggle between). 
    One thing I've not quite been able to work out is how to force the lit/unlit state of a footswitch how I want it. In theory I should be able to set the switch to on or off, then set the bypassed/not bypassed state for each block controlled by the footswitch.

In practice, some bypassed/not bypassed states seem to have influence over the lit/unlit state. This confuses me.
    Sporky said:
    One thing I've not quite been able to work out is how to force the lit/unlit state of a footswitch how I want it. In theory I should be able to set the switch to on or off, then set the bypassed/not bypassed state for each block controlled by the footswitch.

In practice, some bypassed/not bypassed states seem to have influence over the lit/unlit state. This confuses me.

I've have the same problem. The button seems to attach its lit state to a particular block in some sort of hierarchy that is, as yet, a mystery to me. Hitting the bypass button as appropriate would be the instictual fix but that doesn't appear to work.
    At least it's not just me. It doesn't seem to have to do with whether most blocks are bypassed or not, nor which blocks are bypassed, nor what sorts of blocks are bypassed.

As you say there must be a logic behind it, but I haven't yet worked it out.
    Sporky said:

If you repeatedly touch the footswitch it will cycle through the various effects assigned to it and be lit/unlit and whatever colour as appropriate for that effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    kjdowd said:
    Sporky said:

If you repeatedly touch the footswitch it will cycle through the various effects assigned to it and be lit/unlit and whatever colour as appropriate for that effect.
    This does mean it is just as easy to accidentally set one of the other effects as the primary, as it were, and it will adopt that bypass state and colour instead!
    Actually I think I may have sussed it - the lit state seems to attach itself to the block that was created last. I think.
    ^ See comment above, If you touch footswitch (but only touch it, don't press or click it) it will cycle through the assigned effects.
    Ahh so it does, youre quite right.
    kjdowd said:
    Ah-ha! Thank you!

That's actually very simple when you know. Duh.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sporky;1013754" said:
    kjdowd said:

Ah-ha! Thank you!

That's actually very simple when you know. Duh.
    I'm just regurgitating stuff off other forums and passing it of as wisdom
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Works for me.