Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• JetfireJetfire Frets: 1717
    The Chris Buck Presets are a lil bit good
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • drpbier said:
    I'll be looking forward to Big Sur support. I updated without checking, silly sod
    I've installed HX Edit on an MBP running Big Sur  but I've not tried using it yet.

Did you experience failure?

R.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sw67sw67 Frets: 239
    I updated my helix and have used it with my macbook running Big Sur. Was supposed to use my old imac and forgot. 
  • NPPNPP Frets: 237
    on my Macbook Air with Big Sur HXEdit runs fine as long as I don't navigate away from it. If I go somewhere else (Garageband, Youtube, etc.) it loses the connection to my Stomp and gradually becomes unstable. The update to 3.0 went fine though. I guess I'll just have to learn how to operate the Stomp without Edit for a while

• anyone know how to get the 4 lanes like they had on some of the built in presets?
    If you want four completely separate, parallel paths, move any processing block down to create a parallel path, and then move both the Split and Merge points down.

If you want to run all four paths as one big serial path, you can create it manually, but it's easier to just start with the Super Serial (or Super Serial x2 preset) in Setlist 8 TEMPLATES.
    yep 4 paralell is what im looking for so i can do crazy routing shenanigans! Would never have thought of dragging the splits / merges down. Thanks
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • drpbierdrpbier Frets: 245
    drpbier said:
    I'll be looking forward to Big Sur support. I updated without checking, silly sod
    I've installed HX Edit on an MBP running Big Sur  but I've not tried using it yet.

R.
    It starts but loses connection after a few seconds. You can manually reconnect but the connection drops again
  • drpbier said:
    drpbier said:

R.
    It starts but loses connection after a few seconds. You can manually reconnect but the connection drops again
    +1 - can't use on OSX11 yet
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25557
    I'm loving the new pitch shifter.

I never had any luck with the older one in creating a pseudo 8 string bass sound for Kings X / dUg stuff. It was too glitchy and reacted to the normal bass overtones quite badly.

The new one sounds massive with the added bonus of being able to turn the 'octave strings' off when not needed. Unlike a real 8 string.

Just need to sort out my snapshots.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3434
    edited December 2020
    Jetfire said:
    Are these in Native as well? I haven't found them yet.

EDIT: Found them:

"Artist Presets

IMPORTANT! Because we never want to overwrite your own presets, upgrading to 3.0 does NOT automatically make these presets visible"

This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    PC_Dave said:
    Jetfire said:

"Artist Presets

IMPORTANT! Because we never want to overwrite your own presets, upgrading to 3.0 does NOT automatically make these presets visible"

The new artist patches are also available on the facebook page as setlist downloads so they can be put into any setlist you like and not over write anything.

• Digital_IglooDigital_Igloo Frets: 380
    edited December 2020
    PC_Dave said:
    Jetfire said:

"Artist Presets

The new artist patches are also available on the facebook page as setlist downloads so they can be put into any setlist you like and not over write anything.
    Here too: https://line6.com/support/page/kb/effects-controllers/helix/helix-30-factory-setlists-r964/
    Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group | Line 6 | Ampeg
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1717
    Interestingly, I just noticed that dual cabs are used in my fave player presets. I'm a mega fan of these, haven't touched my IRs since 
  • horsehorse Frets: 1648
    I'm loving the new pitch shifter.

I never had any luck with the older one in creating a pseudo 8 string bass sound for Kings X / dUg stuff. It was too glitchy and reacted to the normal bass overtones quite badly.

The new one sounds massive with the added bonus of being able to turn the 'octave strings' off when not needed. Unlike a real 8 string.

Just need to sort out my snapshots.
     That sounds cool - would be interested in a copy of your patch if you might be willing to share. Love Doug's bass tone
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8563
    edited December 2020
    Jetfire said:
    Interestingly, I just noticed that dual cabs are used in my fave player presets. I'm a mega fan of these, haven't touched my IRs since 
    Maybe a ponderous thing to add, but it's worth pointing out that the cabs are IRs too - just the ones line 6 loads and presented in a different way to the optional user-loaded ones.

The main reason I think people think of IRs as a big improvement over the cabs is just that a; the stock mic and distance choices that load up as default aren't usually what you'd pick, b; there's no quick way to scroll through options without the mic choices changing making comparison impossible and c; you can't adjust the mic position sideways to control the frequency balance. The thing I love about IR libraries is that I know what mics I like in real life, and you usually get a bunch of the same option with the mic progressively moving from centre to edge, so I can scroll through to find the frequency balance that suits.

The stock cabs are exactly as high quality, and I agree with both cabs and custom IRs that blending two different options can be a great call - with the proviso that I find static IRs to be more peaky/ resonant in the midrange than actual miked up cabs, and with two parallel IRs I think you can end up with twice as many peaks to tame in a narrow midrange band.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

• New update 3.01

Apparently due to possibility of severely corrupted audio output.

..yep my audio output is definitely corrupt every time i play guitar. I hope to god this the talent booster update I’ve been asking for on ideascale 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    They haven't fixed the rat then. The RAT

THE RAT

FIX THE RAT

THE RAT

RAT

• @Cirrus it’s been a while since I’ve used it, what’s wrong with the RAT?
  • Tried the update to 3.01 and I get the message Boot failure. Entered update mode! 
    Anyone know how to fix this - tried factory reset but no joy - get same message and Helix Edit can't see it now either
    @Cirrus it’s been a while since I’ve used it, what’s wrong with the RAT?
    The filter setting does some weird things as the gain goes up. Honestly it's not ruining my life, it's just a module I use loads in my presets.