Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• I wish they’d do an ms-3 equivalent. A programmable loop switcher with the HX style OS could be great. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I wish they’d do an ms-3 equivalent. A programmable loop switcher with the HX style OS could be great. 
    I'd buy that instantly for my singles board.

Bye!

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2960
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1995
    I wish they’d do an ms-3 equivalent. A programmable loop switcher with the HX style OS could be great. 
    I'd buy that instantly for my singles board.
    Yeah I'd potentially swap a stomp & ES5 for that
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JotaJota Frets: 465
    But why?!? Just to avoid getting a Midi switcher?!? 
    The screen layout is like the Pod Go!

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 1995
    edited January 2021
  • Yeh, not sure what to make of this....
  • JotaJota Frets: 465
    edited January 2021
    HX Stomp XL FAQ

So it’s just… HX Stomp, but with more touch footswitches and all the jacks on the back? For $150 more?
    Yes.

…Why?
    Because customers asked for more switches. Or kept finding clever—but way less elegant or integrated—ways to add more switches. And it was relatively easy. We’re not going to pretend it’s the most innovative product we’ve ever designed but for some customers, it’s the goldilocks form factor.

Thanks, but my personal needs require a Variax input, twice the DSP, and six switches, not eight. Why didn’t you give me exactly what I want?
    <exasperated sigh>

So it’s like the size of two HX Stomps?
    If you omit the space required for jacks on the side (even pancake jacks), more like 1-2/3 Stomps. It’s 12.5” wide (vs. HX Stomp’s 7” width). Depth and height are virtually identical.

Does it add anything else?
    Hands-free Pedal Edit mode (tweak presets with your feet), 128 presets vs.126, four snapshots per preset vs. three, and you can access the 6 Switch Looper without needing a MIDI controller. Other than that, it is HX Stomp with 5 extra switches.

Does it have the Command Center?
    Absolutely. In fact, a big reason HX Stomp got the Command Center in 3.0 is because we had already done the work for HX Stomp XL.

Wait, what happened to the Volume knob?
    We moved it to the back panel to save room. It’s spring loaded so you can recess it into the chassis to keep your cables from accidentally turning it.

Can I use third-party power supplies?
    Yes. Any power supply that works with HX Stomp should work fine with HX Stomp XL.

Can it load HX Stomp presets?
    Yep, just drag ‘em in via HX Edit. It can also load Helix, Helix Rack+Control, Helix LT, Helix Native, and HX Effects presets, as long as they contain 8 or fewer blocks on a single DSP path.

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2960
    edited January 2021
    I can see why they've done it, it's a quick easy win and looks cleaner than having a Stomp + MC6, and won't require any midi programming bollocks. I'd probably rather just get a Pod Go and save some money though.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1025
    Anyone using this with their studio monitors? If so, what are your global EQ settings set to?
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1702
    I have some studio monitors but Ive turned off the global eqs. 
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3726
    I use mine with Adam A5's.  I just have low cut at 120Hz.  No point in having a dog, or in this case a bass player, and barking yourself.
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1702
    Musicwolf said:
    I use mine with Adam A5's.  I just have low cut at 120Hz.  No point in having a dog, or in this case a bass player, and barking yourself.
    Ah, to be fair, my monitors have a bass cut so I do use that 
    edited February 2021
    Musicwolf said:
    Cheers @Musicwolf ;;
    Will give this a try later on.
    edit: Tried this but didn’t notice much difference in tone tbh, maybe the presets I was using didn’t have much in that frequency?
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4222
    `i used to use my APS Aeons, no adjustments whatsoever
    Cheers for this @JohnCordy ;
    I never knew this was possible.

https://youtu.be/wjkXtJvfMyo
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3726
    duotone said:
    Cheers for this @JohnCordy ;
    I never knew this was possible.

https://youtu.be/wjkXtJvfMyo
    I don't usually record with my Helix, which I tends to be for live use only, but I do something similar with my Kemper which has a DI output.

With the Helix, however, I do have a couple of mono sends set up.  One at the start of the chain (as you would if you were recording a DI signal), which goes to my VoiceLive vocal processor, and one (usuall post compressor) to feed my Boss SY-300 synth pedal.

When I'm recording with the Kemper I often record a DI signal alongside the profiled sound.  As I'm normally writing the track as I record I try to get somewhere near to the right sound at the recording stage but it's very nice to be able to come back at the end and reamp.  I sometimes like to reamp the track in two passes with a couple of different amps which I can then blend together.

• eog said:
    It’s working ok for me on Big Sur. What problem are you having?
    Mine keeps disconnecting and sometimes crashes - and yes i am up to date on the OS and the Helix edit software - so annoying because I can only use it on a windows based laptop at the moment and the screen is too small
  • @duotone neither did I!! 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom