Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• tekbow said:
    @beexter, I understand the idea of scenes and snapshots vs patches, but I didnt realise the specific amp models behaved as full amps given (for example) the helix Has three separate blocks for the SLO Ckean, Crunch and Lead.
    It varies from model to model - not many (any?!) of them have multiple channels available within a single Amp block, but snapshots allow to alter the settings on that particular model (channel) that you're using, e.g. knock back the gain, raise the treble and boost the volume etc.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4177
    Just got a HX Stomp today. Have a quick question.

On my old Pod HD500 there were different output settings for Direct, Combo Front, Combo Power Amp, Stack Front, Stack Power Amp.

As fas as I can tell the HX Stomp doesn't have those settings?

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8504
    No, just set the output for instrument or line level as appropriate, and build a patch that makes sense for what you're plugging it into.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Cirrus said:
    No, just set the output for instrument or line level as appropriate, and build a patch that makes sense for what you're plugging it into.
    Great thanks, makes things much simpler. 

Bloody hell this thing sounds amazing.

Have been trying some of the Preamps direct into the FX return of my Blackstar HT5. Some epic high gain stuff from the Revv and Brit 2204 models.

None of the nasty fizz I used to get with the POD HD. Really clean low-noise signal. Amazing. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • markslade07markslade07 Frets: 842
    Weirdly, I’m currently struggling with a bit of fizzy overtones on my LT (on most patches) into a Laney LFR112...grrrr! 
    Weirdly, I’m currently struggling with a bit of fizzy overtones on my LT (on most patches) into a Laney LFR112...grrrr! 
    I do have the global EQ on with high pass at 80Hz and low pass at 8.5KHz.

Cool...I’ll give that a try...was avoiding the Global EQ but it’s worth a try as it’s getting frustrating now
    Cool...I’ll give that a try...was avoiding the Global EQ but it’s worth a try as it’s getting frustrating now
    I've used a similar setting on other modelling gear. It restricts the modeller to frequencies that you'd normally get from a real guitar amp. So it shouldn't affect the core tone. Gets rid of some low muddiness, and removes a lot of fizz. 

You can vary the low pass from between 8KHz and 10KHz; and the high pass between 60Hz and 80Hz to taste.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    I've used a similar setting on other modelling gear. It restricts the modeller to frequencies that you'd normally get from a real guitar amp. So it shouldn't affect the core tone. Gets rid of some low muddiness, and removes a lot of fizz. 

You can vary the low pass from between 8KHz and 10KHz; and the high pass between 60Hz and 80Hz to taste.
    @Grumpyrocker ;By jove I think you've cracked it for me! Just tried it (albeit at home volumes) and what yesterday was a bit of fizz on pretty much anything with a bit of gain is now much smoother with no perceivable fizz! Thank you! :)
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3534
    Got my Helix LT last week after two years of having an HX FX which I sold. Started using HX Native at home during the lockdown and I just needed to get my Cartographer amp (!) in a format I could take around for rehearsals and gigs.
    Anybody want to swap presets?

@Grumpyrocker ;By jove I think you've cracked it for me! Just tried it (albeit at home volumes) and what yesterday was a bit of fizz on pretty much anything with a bit of gain is now much smoother with no perceivable fizz! Thank you! :)
    Excellent. Glad that worked for you. 

Bit weird that the only "normal" reverbs on the Helix are the older ones from the previous generation. 

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8504
    Bit weird that the only "normal" reverbs on the Helix are the older ones from the previous generation. 
    Yep, I'd say it's definitely the strangest oversight.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1025
    @carlos ;
    Have you saved your presets to 
    https://line6.com/customtone/ ?
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24897

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• yayyyy.

Bye!

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24897
    yayyyy.
    There's an Orange amp I've never tried in the flesh.

Really don't care about the reverbs though!

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• The Dynamic Hall is very cool. I've not tried the Orange myself, never got around to it during beta.

But this is cool:

Increased Oversampling Throughout

Helix Floor, Helix Rack/Control, Helix LT, Helix Native, HX Effects, HX Stomp, HX Stomp XL

Oversampling has been increased across the board, resulting in higher fidelity, fewer aliasing artifacts, and smoother decay trails, especially when running multiple distortion stages or with higher gain tones. Many people might not notice a difference, but those highly sensitive to aliasing will appreciate 3.10's smoother response. Amp and effects models have been optimized to accommodate these improvements without increasing DSP usage.

Bye!

Oh cool. Some new reverbs hours after my post. They must have read it.