Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• BezzerBezzer Frets: 593
    @mudslide73 I’m hoping my now habitual careful track management will carry over.

But honestly... who am I kidding? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4176
    edited April 2021
    Jetfire said:
    I've had 2 PC's in 10 years, what y'all doing to them??
    It seems OS upgrades and reinstalls are counted as new computers. I've had two PCs and a laptop in the time since I first registered my UX1 in 2009 but it's been counted as 11 computers. 

And got a Macbook recently. That's what I was trying to install Native on when it told me I'd used up my lifetime number of machines. 

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2228
    edited April 2021
    Bezzer said:
    Jetfire said:
    I've had 2 PC's in 10 years, what y'all doing to them??
    I was just wondering the same thing ha ha.  About to look at getting a new one, but it's been over a decade since the last and it's only now struggling.
    My first device was a PODxt, registered in 2004, then a TonePort UX1, a POD X3 and a Pod Studio GX.

Weirdly, I've got 4 authorizations associated with my current Desktop computer and 2 associated with my current Laptop. I had to reauthorize at various points owing to issues (I can't remember why).

It's not a competition.
    Ah excellent. They've just answered my support ticket and upped my 11 lifetime devices to 30. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Weirdly, I’m currently struggling with a bit of fizzy overtones on my LT (on most patches) into a Laney LFR112...grrrr! 
    Mark have you also looked at using the new Horizon Gate block? It's really clever. It's not really a gate, but it helps remove unwanted artefacts. Do use it early in the signal chain though as it makes reverb disappear if you put it at the end.

Here's a video that explains what it does.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2354
    The gift that keeps on giving! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • abw1989abw1989 Frets: 643
    • MIDI Snapshot changes on CC69 that are received during preset loads will now be buffered and executed once the preset load is finished. This means that you can send a MIDI Snapshot change immediately after a PC message to effectively load a preset with a different Snapshot than it was saved with.
    This however is a straight-up lie. It still doesn't work!
  • markslade07markslade07 Frets: 842
    Weirdly, I’m currently struggling with a bit of fizzy overtones on my LT (on most patches) into a Laney LFR112...grrrr! 
    Mark have you also looked at using the new Horizon Gate block? It's really clever. It's not really a gate, but it helps remove unwanted artefacts. Do use it early in the signal chain though as it makes reverb disappear if you put it at the end.

Here's a video that explains what it does.

I hadn't to be honest, but I will now. Never really looked at using anything called 'gate' but if this removes those artefacts a little more, I shall do now. Cheers for the heads up
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2228
    Ah excellent. They've just answered my support ticket and upped my 11 lifetime devices to 30. 

Thanks for the heads up. As I'd just hit my limit, for the purpose of future proofing, I decided to do the same and they updated mine to 30 within 3 hours of raising the support ticket.

It's not a competition.
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 593
    This did get me curious so I logged onto Line6 to see what I had ... 6 apparantly going back to 2014.  But my lifetime limit is already 25 ... very weird.  Ah well, interesting ... and now I know!
    Oooh that new Tape modulation sounds fabulous in the front of almost any preset. 

Over the weekend discovered the brilliance of having an expression set for a wah that'll switch on at a set percentage movement, and switch itself off after a set time back below the percentage. Absolutely brilliant. 

• JotaJota Frets: 465
    Over the weekend discovered the brilliance of having an expression set for a wah that'll switch on at a set percentage movement, and switch itself off after a set time back below the percentage. Absolutely brilliant. 

Care to share the settings for this because I'd love to make it work for me and haven't figured out how?
    Jota said:

Care to share the settings for this because I'd love to make it work for me and haven't figured out how?

So choose the FX block you want to edit and go into settings and choose "bypass assign". And instead of setting a footswitch set the expression itself as the bypass. You can then set position (I went for 3%) and wait time (I set 650ms).

Now when the expression pedal passes 3% it switches the block on. And even if you drop below 3% it will wait 650ms before turning it off.

I found by default my expression pedal was EXP2 rather than EXP1, I assume something to do with the cable I used. Also I think I had to manually turn the block off and then save the patch - so the default is wah off on the preset. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7398
    Hows everyone liking the orange? I set it up for practicing some new band tunes last night just orange -> IR (with an ownhammer orange Ir laoded)...sounding pretty decent I thought.

I really like mixing an orange type amp with something more like a SLO for demos so I can see this getting used. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • JotaJota Frets: 465
    Jota said:

So choose the FX block you want to edit and go into settings and choose "bypass assign". And instead of setting a footswitch set the expression itself as the bypass. You can then set position (I went for 3%) and wait time (I set 650ms).

Now when the expression pedal passes 3% it switches the block on. And even if you drop below 3% it will wait 650ms before turning it off.

I found by default my expression pedal was EXP2 rather than EXP1, I assume something to do with the cable I used. Also I think I had to manually turn the block off and then save the patch - so the default is wah off on the preset. 

Thanks. I have to give it a go.
  • After buying a second hand stomp for £300 I am excited to get stuck into the update.

I want to get an expression pedal any suggestions ? 

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    After buying a second hand stomp for £300 I am excited to get stuck into the update.

If you want something cheap, the Nektar ones on Amazon for £20 work perfectly and are actually pretty good
  • John_A said:
    After buying a second hand stomp for £300 I am excited to get stuck into the update.

If you want something cheap, the Nektar ones on Amazon for £20 work perfectly and are actually pretty good
    Fantastic I will have a look now

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    John_A said:q

Or a Moog Moogerfooger EP-3 for a few quid more.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.