Storm's a-comin'

What's Hot

Comments

• Well, by me i've spotted a blokes secured his shed roof in readyness using an old tyre, large metal rod and a piece of paving slab!!:)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3967
    It's pissing down here and the wind is getting up. I'm pissed off with it already!
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11444
    Thankfully next door's re-roofing was completed yesterday morning, so no chance of scaffolding trying to spoon me in the middle of the night.

I hold out a slim hope that my downstairs neighbour's garden furniture goes through the door/window of his obtained-with-fraudulent-planning-permission conservatory.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13578
    as alluded in another thread.   We've just had the hors d'ouevre -  20 mins of torrential rain and very stiff winds.  Wind's now dropped and the sun's out
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.

bertie said:
    as alluded in another thread.   We've just had the hors d'ouevre -  20 mins of torrential rain and very stiff winds.  Wind's now dropped and the sun's out
    Same here...

This thing is costing me money too. I was supposed to be working on an aircraft today but the hangar doors cannot be opened to get the bugger in! Pissed off!
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    The sun always shines on the righteous.

and out my arse mostly

;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17918
    tFB Trader
    Here it was high winds and torrential last night, but today has been bright sunshine. 

I'm hoping the wind will be blowing from the direction the shed leans so it might straighten it up a bit.
    rains started again (this is going to be one of those threads isnt it ?    :D     )
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24709
    I've decided it's all been blown out of all proportion (!).  The BBC news site is screaming "80 MPH WINDS!!!", but the Met Office is predicting nothing faster than 29mph with gusts of up to 40mph for me - and I'm directly in the storm's path.  So, fuck it.... I'll take my chances with the greenhouse.  It's too cold and wet out there to start pissing about with a tarpaulin in the wind.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • Emp_Fab;68102" said:
    I've decided it's all been blown out of all proportion (!).  The BBC news site is screaming "80 MPH WINDS!!!", but the Met Office is predicting nothing faster than 29mph with gusts of up to 40mph for me - and I'm directly in the storm's path.  So, fuck it.... I'll take my chances with the greenhouse.  It's too cold and wet out there to start pissing about with a tarpaulin in the wind.
    I have been watching it for several days , it is gale force 8 building to force 9. Depends where you are some areas are only force 4. So the beeb might not be far out.
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader
    Expecting a damp squib as usual.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Emp_Fab said:

I can envisage another project in the offing...............

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3614
    It seems monday night may be the worst here in the east. I dragged the genny from the shed and fired it up (eventually) to be sure. I got a can of fresh petrol at the ready and put it all in the front of the garage handy. I expect a few power lines will come down.

I've convinced myself and my family that the most important thing is our safety. I'm not bothered if we lose power or if the back fence blows away, as long as nobody gets hurt. If I think there's a hint of danger out there nobody leaves the house.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15896
    well, I've cracked out the firearms and have the property surrounded by mines and razor wire. But I do that every Sunday anyways, so just a regular weekend for me.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ok no trains tomorrow morning , sounds like a nightmare day ahead trying to get to work.
  • i hope it is all blown out of proportion, my lad goes on a residential tomorrow for a week and he will be gutted if it gets cancelled/postponed..
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24709
    Well, it's calm and silent outside right now.  The Met office forecast for me has lowered the wind speeds to bugger all.

What a load of old toss.  Storm, my arse.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    I hope you're right.