Storm's a-comin'

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24709
    It's rained a little here.  I also think my empty food waste bin might have blown over.
    Additionally, some leaves have moved from one side of the garden to the other.

Phew....
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3967
    All these people who remember '87 like it was a NGD. I was 17 but must have been pissed. I have zero recollection of it.
  • Hardly had anything up here except the usual rain we've been getting, very calm in comparison. I hope you all came through unscathed.

Just shows you, even the wind wants to avoid Sheffield.

Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    Ah the 87 storm.  I was holed up in a Felixstowe pub watching dingys, beach huts, chimney pots and all sorts flying through the air and trees falling down like nine pins.  Last night was a gentle breeze compared to that.
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24709
    I have absolutely no recollection of the '87 storm.  Come to think of it, I have very little recollection of... well.... anything really.  My memory really is shot to pieces.  I go around in a sort of personal time bubble of roughly a fortnight, where I know what's coming up on my agenda for the next week or so and anything older than a week drops off my memory stack into the land of 'eh ?'

I think I need a ram upgrade.  I only seem to have about 32K.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • vizviz Frets: 10778
    You remember that tenner you owe me though don't you?
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I don't remember the storm of 87, but I wasn't even two.
    My V key is broken
  • The Daily Express (property of bloke at work) warned of another one today, coming Thursday IIRC.

A newspaper with bad news, now there's a thing.

Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602

Tree down in my back garden ... getting it removed tomorrow [Wednesday].

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15896
    be a lot of firewood going spare in Hertfordshire.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6423
    A few branches, nothing major.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3614
    We had a tree blown down in our back garden. I had to stand the pot up again!

Some parts of the town were without power until late last night. There are a few local villagers who are still without power and they are beginning to smell when they come to work.

Most of the roads that held me up getting to work monday were clear by the time I went home, indeed they haven't even left any firewood behind in most cases. 

• Some parts of Crowfield are still without power. Stonham Aspal lost power at 0815 Monday, it was restored around 2200 on Monday.

I have an LPG stove in the lounge and the cooker in my kitchen runs on LPG. This was a decision I took a few years ago when I realised how fragile the power supply is around here (in fact the only reliable thing about it is the price hikes).

On Monday evening I did several kettles of boiling water for neighbours to take away in thermos flasks. They are all still dependent on lekky for everything. I have absolutely no idea why the houses in my street were originally built to depend entirely on lekky for everything, other than that the property developer was a moronic townie who neither understands nor cares about the rigours of country life.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself