Any Motörbike riders here?

What's Hot

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33984
    edited February 2014
    New Jacket Day!

Bought myself a Furygan Akira from Gorgeous Bikes in Fulham.
    Really pleased with it- wearing it in will be a bugger.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Smart. Now you need a waterproof to protect it in this weather
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2668
    Nice jacket James. Furygan gear is very well made. Bike wise, I haven't got out much recently but instead have been planning my trip to the TT in May with my mate. This planning took the form of watching loads of TT videos and drinking beer. That'll do it.
    Smart. Now you need a waterproof to protect it in this weather
    Yup, I have waterproofs.
    To be honest I probably won't wear it out in this weather- the cordura jacket is warmer for this weather.
    cruxiform said:
    Nice jacket James. Furygan gear is very well made. Bike wise, I haven't got out much recently but instead have been planning my trip to the TT in May with my mate. This planning took the form of watching loads of TT videos and drinking beer. That'll do it.
    Nice.
    I'd like to do the TT at some point but won't be able to until 2016 I don't think due to my studies.
    edited February 2014
    octatonic said:
    cruxiform said:
    Nice.
    I'd like to do the TT at some point but won't be able to until 2016 I don't think due to my studies.
    When you do go, you won't regret it. For a full-on motorcycle extravaganza there's nothing else on earth that rivals it.

The main thing that is bothering me is this constant rain as my bike lives outside and I need to do a few jobs to it such as servicing etc. I'm thinking of buying one of those cheap waterproof gazebos just so I can get out there and work on the bike without getting soaked. March is approaching and I'm usually out and about by then. The frustration is killing me.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137

I used to use a big plastic cover for my old moped. Kept the worst of the weather off the thing.

• Tone71Tone71 Frets: 634
    Mine is outside under a cover too, have been on a winter maintenance mission over the last week or so, brakes, clutch filters and oil.

Gotta build a garage this year as working on it is a nightmare, just took it out to check the clutch and apart from the rush hours nobbers it`s riding well
    :)
  • Well chaps, I smashed it!
    Passed the mod 1 with no faults and then the mod 2 with just a single minor fault.
    Chuffed to bits.  Apparently it is very uncommon for someone to book in the mod 1 and 2 back to back, (because if you fail the mod 1 you can't do the mod 2), so being told that I'm the first person to achieve it at that centre was the icing on the cake!  Tbh I had no idea that it wasn't the done thing - I needed to get both done as I'm back at work Monday and it would be 7 weeks til my next chance.

Anyhow, I'm really glad the riding school pushed me so hard because clearly it paid off, and as I said last night, even if I failed today I would come away being a better road user.  To pass is the icing on the cake.

Look out for a nbd in the near future!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited February 2014
    Congrats, that`s excellent, you can leave the skinny wheels behind now.

Any ideas on a bike?
    Well chaps, I smashed it!
    Passed the mod 1 with no faults and then the mod 2 with just a single minor fault.
    Chuffed to bits.  Apparently it is very uncommon for someone to book in the mod 1 and 2 back to back, (because if you fail the mod 1 you can't do the mod 2), so being told that I'm the first person to achieve it at that centre was the icing on the cake!  Tbh I had no idea that it wasn't the done thing - I needed to get both done as I'm back at work Monday and it would be 7 weeks til my next chance.

Anyhow, I'm really glad the riding school pushed me so hard because clearly it paid off, and as I said last night, even if I failed today I would come away being a better road user.  To pass is the icing on the cake.

Look out for a nbd in the near future!
    Ace! Now have some fun picking your new ride!
    edited February 2014
    Tone71 said:
    Mine is outside under a cover too, have been on a winter maintenance mission over the last week or so, brakes, clutch filters and oil.

Gotta build a garage this year as working on it is a nightmare, just took it out to check the clutch and apart from the rush hours nobbers it`s riding well
    :)
    I have an Oxford Stormex cover which keeps the bike nice and dry but working on it depends on nice weather. As it happens, today turned out okay so I managed to service the forks, checked electrics, changed coolant, lubed cables and pivot points. Got loads to do but if it stops raining may have the lot done by the end of next week. Not looking forward to valve clearances and plug changes. In their quest to save weight, Honda shoehorned the fireblade engine into the frame meaning access is limited. It's a bastard of a job.

Good luck with the garage, wish I had the room for one!
  • I've got my eye on something, but I won't say any more than that just now.  It certainly isn't a fireblade! 

Ok, a guitar based clue regarding the engine... If an inline four is a ds1, this is a big muff.
    A twin? A SV650?
    Congrats midiglitch.
    I`ve just de-baffled my SV, now sounds like a bike should !
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12519
    octatonic;168072" said:
    Congrats midiglitch.
    And from me too. Well done.

;)
  • Thank you gents for the kind words.

@cruxiform you nailed it in one!  Only on TFB would that analogy make sense.

Given that we all have an interest in sound I wonder what people's views on loud, unbaffled bikes are in here?  I'm all for it personally, but I know there are other riders who feel differently...

@tone71 are you leaving the baffle out?
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Thank you gents for the kind words.

Given that we all have an interest in sound I wonder what people's views on loud, unbaffled bikes are in here?  I'm all for it personally, but I know there are other riders who feel differently...

I don't care about volume, I just like it to sound nice - if it does that legally is very much a happy event

Thank you gents for the kind words.

Yay, nailed it in one! As for loud pipes, my opinion is that they are part of the character of the bike and the choice of the owner. I love them. I was once pulled by the police (for a tiny number plate) but he had no problem with the baffleless exhaust I had on the bike. His opinion was that at least other road users heard me coming. It's probably best to have a standard can for MOT's although my regular MOT tester has always passed my bikes regardless of what pipe I have on there.