Andertons TV - the law of diminishing returns

What's Hot

Comments

• professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5106
    Sassafras;1067494" said:
    Don't think I've ever broken the 2 minute barrier.I've tried but I just can't take anymore.
    Hmmm my Girlfreind says the same about me!!! :-/
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NomadNomad Frets: 549
    DLM said:
    Just highlighting the difference! Robben means "seals" in German.
    Is that non-leaky rubber things or oiou-oiou flipper-flap beach ball nose balancers?

Nomad
    Nobody loves me but my mother... and she could be jivin' too...

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    I am getting increasingly irritated about how little they research the products before doing the videos.  Neither has a clue how the switching works on a Jaguar or Jazzmaster.   On pedal videos they fail to do any research into the controls etc.   They are trying to flog stuff.  Just damn lazy and ill-informed.
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2279
    edited May 2016
    Did The Captain gave himself that nickname?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 28024
    No. To my knowledge, it's something that the staff at Andertons started saying, and it stuck.
    <space for hire>
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    Quite liking Andertons vids at the moment. Nice variety of stuff and presenters. Quality of production has increased alot too.

• DLMDLM Frets: 2525
    Nomad said:
    DLM said:
    Just highlighting the difference! Robben means "seals" in German.
    Is that non-leaky rubber things or oiou-oiou flipper-flap beach ball nose balancers?

Sorry @Nomad, just seen this:

http://www.delius-klasing.de/fm/55/10502.jpg

"Sealions and seals 2017"

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 8094
    TimmyO said:
    I'm not int the Andertons kicking camp - just in the pointing out silly thought policing
    I'd say that, more important than the idea of "post your own videos" is second to the fact that there will likely be cooler periods for anyone who insists on bashing them past "I don't like their videos". Call it "thought policing" if you like...I call it "forum policing" ;)
    You've either misunderstood my position, or inadvertently singled me out for something I've not said or done - would be cool to understand which :-) 

I like the Andertons vids - I subscribe to the channel. I was simply calling out the silly attitude that *anyone* can't comment on a video if they don't post videos. It's a general point - not related to any one video or channel.

We cool? 
    Red ones are better. 
  • TimmyO said:

We cool? 
    I don't even remember. Hell, I wasn't even grammatically coherent in that paragraph.
    <space for hire>
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    No. To my knowledge, it's something that the staff at Andertons started saying, and it stuck.
    In a Pedal Show video Lee states it was Rob (who was the Monkey Lord) who said he needed a nickname and between them they came up with the Captain.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Fretwired said:
    In a Pedal Show video Lee states it was Rob (who was the Monkey Lord) who said he needed a nickname and between them they came up with the Captain.
    Oh god I can't believe I know this, yes it was Chappers on the first video that said he wasn't allowed to be Lee he needed a proper nickname - they've said it in several videos, which means I have watched far to many

I think I have finally realised I have hit rock bottom, I forget to lock the front door but I remember that?!?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2016
    Fretwired said:
    Oh god I can't believe I know this, yes it was Chappers on the first video that said he wasn't allowed to be Lee he needed a proper nickname - they've said it in several videos, which means I have watched far to many

I think I have finally realised I have hit rock bottom, I forget to lock the front door but I remember that?!?
    Rob said the same thing to me back when I had a self-promoting lesson with him. He chose a particularly shit name for me which I've never used (on account of it being shit), which was quite annoying because he just kept using it, over and over.

I figure he just has something against the name "Lee".
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @digitalscream - referred to by the Monkey Lord as analoguewhisper
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fretwired said:

Rob said the same thing to me back when I had a self-promoting lesson with him. He chose a particularly shit name for me which I've never used (on account of it being shit), which was quite annoying because he just kept using it, over and over.

I figure he just has something against the name "Lee".
    What is a self promoting lesson? Is that where he teaches you the ropes of YouTube and the music biz and that?
  • What is a self promoting lesson? Is that where he teaches you the ropes of YouTube and the music biz and that?
    It's a slight grammatical ambiguity, actually.

In this case, it's a guitar lesson that you take in order to get a video on a very popular YouTube channel to promote your band ;)
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    That's what I thought you meant. But Chappers also offers himself as a consultant for hire on such issues, doesn't he?
    As for the grammar, I'd have gone with "self-promotional".
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DLM said:
    That's what I thought you meant. But Chappers also offers himself as a consultant for hire on such issues, doesn't he?
    He used to, yes. He doesn't really do any of the one-to-one stuff any more, probably because he makes far more money from being busy with other things and so it'd be hugely inefficient as an income stream.
    <space for hire>
  • What is a self promoting lesson? Is that where he teaches you the ropes of YouTube and the music biz and that?
    It's a slight grammatical ambiguity, actually.

In this case, it's a guitar lesson that you take in order to get a video on a very popular YouTube channel to promote your band ;)
    So you get to piggyback in a way....nice. 
    edited September 2016
    Yeah. It was quite some time ago - maybe 5 or 6 years. We did get a lot of extra traffic, briefly, but the rest of the band utterly failed to follow through on the plans we all made and it all came to nothing. It did, however, cost me a small fortune.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom