Andertons TV - the law of diminishing returns

What's Hot

Comments

• Their vids are good.  If there's a mainstream guitar you're interested in chances are they've got a video about it.  They both seem like nice guys, vids are good, good sound & picture quality they give you a decent idea of what stuff sounds / looks / plays like.  I've found the vids helpful when I've been looking for info.

People who tune in on reg and watch all their videos are probably brain damaged though.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeah. It was quite some time ago - maybe 5 or 6 years. We did get a lot of extra traffic, briefly, but the rest of the band utterly failed to follow through on the plans we all made and it all came to nothing. It did, however, cost me a small fortune.

I bet that person stuck their arm in a bit.

I guess it's hard to get noticed via Youtube and the likes because so many bands and guitarists are on there.  I remember Steel Panther used to have a demo slot on their video where bands sent in a demo song and some guys from Steel Panther would talk about it and give them advice, as well as slag them off a bit. 

I know a few people who chat on a P2P prog and they promote their music on there and seem to get quite a lot of hits - one guy is in a semi-successful UK based punk band and they seem to get quite a lot of gigs and downloads from Bandcamp etc.  That might be another option to explore, although it would take time to get known in the chat so you don't look like a spammer.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeah. It was quite some time ago - maybe 5 or 6 years. We did get a lot of extra traffic, briefly, but the rest of the band utterly failed to follow through on the plans we all made and it all came to nothing. It did, however, cost me a small fortune.
    I saw it, and I remember the nickname. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • People who tune in on reg and watch all their videos are probably brain damaged though.
    Seems a touch harsh/innapropriate. May be worth editing this post?
    How very rock and roll
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

He gave DS a nickname for Youtube?  I'm confused....

Yes, that's essentially it. He made the assumption that everybody wanted to be "big on YouTube", the corollary being that nobody's interested in your real name, so you need a nickname. The issue is that he thought the name that everybody knows me by on the Internet had about 3 syllables too many, so nobody would remember it.

Sigh.
    <space for hire>
  • He didn't call you Dig did he?
    No no. 
    It wasn't that. 
    To be fair, that would've been a massive improvement.
    <space for hire>
    To be fair, that would've been a massive improvement.
    Yep 

Yes, that's essentially it. He made the assumption that everybody wanted to be "big on YouTube", the corollary being that nobody's interested in your real name, so you need a nickname. The issue is that he thought the name that everybody knows me by on the Internet had about 3 syllables too many, so nobody would remember it.

Sigh.

I get ya now. 

I wanna know what this nickname was.  I'm thinking it was massively corny. 

Sigh.

I get ya now. 

I wanna know what this nickname was.  I'm thinking it was massively corny. 

Sorry, but no. It was that terrible, and it's to do with my surname.

Anybody posting the video will have their avatar changed to the prancing pink unicorn dude from now until eternity, and they'll have their account restricted to Speakers' Corner only.
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2525
    edited September 2016

• @DLM - you can't say I didn't warn you.
    <space for hire>

I can, actually. I didn't see your warning before I posted. Whatever.

The restriction to speakers' corner doesn't seem to be in place yet.

• I'm letting you off that part since it was a mistake, sorta-kinda. Also, it'd be quite a lot of work.
    <space for hire>
    I'll say it was a mistake.
    Anyway, I've posted that video of you before on a number of occasions, because you played the He Man riff.
  • Is censoring member's posts appropriate? ;-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom