Labour MP Shot and Stabbed!!

What's Hot

Comments

• Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    The suspect in the murder of MP Jo Cox was so abusive towards Asians working at a local taxi company that the drivers demanded he be blacklisted, it has been alleged.
    [...]
    Zain Ali, 21, who works at the Oakwell & Rex taxi firm in Birstall, told IBTimes UK: "Drivers have said they picked him up and he would give them racist abuse. They asked us to blacklist him, said they would rather not bother with his fare."

A woman also told IBTimes UK that Mair was "acting erratically" and being violent towards Asian taxi drivers two weeks before Cox was killed. The woman, who did not wished to be named, said: "He was in the Post Office acting erratically, mumbling and jumbling. And walking down the street mumbling. He was actually talking to the Asian taxi drivers, and being aggressive."

source:

over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SimonCSimonC Frets: 1399
    Maybe just stop speculating, and give it a rest eh?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Ro_S said:
    It's curious that one the prominent purported eyewitnesses is alleged to be a member or former member of the BNP.  I dunno what to make of that.
    Not sure you can make anything of it other than the two groups hate each other ... the eyewitness clearly looked shocked when interviewed and is standing by his claim Mair shouted Britain First which looks credible based on what the police have found so far.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    edited June 2016
    Fretwired said:
    Ro_S said:
    It's curious that one the prominent purported eyewitnesses is alleged to be a member or former member of the BNP.  I dunno what to make of that.
    Not sure you can make anything of it other than the two groups hate each other ... the eyewitness clearly looked shocked when interviewed and is standing by his claim Mair shouted Britain First which looks credible based on what the police have found so far.
    I thought some of the language/words used this eyewitness in his oral media interview seemed incongruous, especially for a plumber and in the aftermath of shock after the attack.  It was like a policeman making a formal statement.  "Proceeded".  "wielded".  It just struck me as odd.

'The words I heard [...] were "Britain first" or "put Britain first".  I can’t say exactly what it was, but definitely "Britain first" is what he said, what he was shouting. He shouted it at least twice'.

So not verbatim but also verbatim at the same time. Hmm.

over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    Oh good, now we're conspiracy theory bollocks. Because you can't believe a plumber would know the word "proceeded".
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2016
    hugbot said:
    Oh good, now we're conspiracy theory bollocks. Because you can't believe a plumber would know the word "proceeded".
    Sigh. I didn't say that.  I said I felt it was odd that he used the word and in an oral interview to a TV reporter.   

How often does anyone use the word ''proceeded'' when talking?   

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Ro_S;1115850" said:
    hugbot said:

Sigh. I didn't say that.  I said I felt it was odd that he used the word and in an oral interview to a TV reporter.   

How often does anyone use the word ''proceeded'' when talking?   
    It just sounds like he is the sort of person who quickly adopts jargon, lots of which I'm sure he heard while the police took his statement - I'm certain they went over the incident with him several times over an hour or two and undoubtedly said things like "OK, can we go back to where he was weilding the knife....".
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2016
    Fretwired said:
    Ro_S said:
    That eyewitness is the one called Clarke Rothwell.  

Apparently there is a Clarke Rothwell of Batley, Yorkshire who 'Likes' a Facebook group called 'Islam not 4 UK'. And there is a Clarke Rothwell of Birstall, Batley, Yorkshire on the leaked BNP membership list.

Meanwhile, another prominent eyewitness in the media - the owner of the sandwich shop ("cafe") about 7 metres from, and opposite, the scene of the attack - is Muslim, and he says he never heard any "Britain First" stuff.

Btw, that Jayda woman of Britain First group is obnoxious.

Moving on, I am concerned that there is a lot of stuff going on, being said by MP's and the media, that will prejudice the court case.  It could very well seriously impede the prosecution and potential conviction of the attacker.

@Ro_S said "It could very well seriously impede the prosecution and potential conviction of the attacker."

Er, no it won't.
    Chalky said:
    @Ro_S said "It could very well seriously impede the prosecution and potential conviction of the attacker."

Er, no it won't.
    Is that your qualified legal opinion?

Ro_S;1115874" said:
    Chalky said:

Er, no it won't.

Is that your qualified legal opinion?
    No, its my "anti-bollocks talker" opinion. Auto fires when some fool talks bollocks.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2016
    Chalky said:
    No, its my "anti-bollocks talker" opinion. Auto fires when some fool talks bollocks.
    Thanks for that expert insight.

p.s.

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    We need to change Rule #1 from the forum

Instead of Don't be a dick, can we change it to Don't be a Ro_s?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Ro_S;1115879" said:
    Chalky said:

Thanks for that expert insight.
    And pray tell, what expert were you quoting when you made your original ridiculous claim?
    edited June 2016
    Chalky said:
    And pray tell, what expert were you quoting when you made your original ridiculous claim?
    I was not quoting or citing anyone.

What I said was:
    I am concerned that there is a lot of stuff going on, being said by MP's and the media, that will prejudice the court case.  It could very well seriously impede the prosecution and potential conviction of the attacker.
    If you don't know what I am on about then this link, for example, may help you: http://www.out-law.com/page-9742

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4386
    joeyowen said:
    We need to change Rule #1 from the forum

Instead of Don't be a dick, can we change it to Don't be a Ro_s?
    He's cynically exploiting the harrowing news of a terrorist attack in which a thoroughly decent human being died in order to wind up people on the internet. I would have thought that contravenes ol' #1. It's certainly pretty far past Randella's "don't be a dick" rule. 

Clearly the nitro paint fumes didn't cheer me up. I might try beer instead. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Ro_S;1115884" said:
    Chalky said:

I was not quoting or citing anyone.

What I said was:I am concerned that there is a lot of stuff going on, being said by MP's and the media, that will prejudice the court case.  It could very well seriously impede the prosecution and potential conviction of the attacker.If you don't know what I am on about then this link, for example, may help you: http://www.out-law.com/page-9742

p.s. and this: http://www.parliament.uk/site-information/glossary/sub-judice/
    Yes I knew what you were on about - well in broad terms because you are given to making rather strange statements. But you are still a fool with micro-knowledge and macro-opinions.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2016

I think a number of you are very capable of winding yourselves up for no good reason.

Quite what I've written that you object to such much I don't know. 

Chalky;1115906" said:
    Yes I knew what you were on about - well in broad terms because you are given to making rather strange statements. But you are still a fool with micro-knowledge and macro-opinions.[/quote]
    What have I expressed that you find ''rather strange" ?

Ro_S;1115913" said:
    Chalky;1115906" said:Yes I knew what you were on about - well in broad terms because you are given to making rather strange statements. But you are still a fool with micro-knowledge and macro-opinions.
    What have I expressed that you find ''rather strange" ?[/quote]

Random example - "@Ro_S said:
    It's curious that one the prominent purported eyewitnesses is alleged to be a member or former member of the BNP. I dunno what to make of that."

So many of those words - curious, purported, alleged, 'or former', and "I dunno what to make of that" - add nothing to your statement, which boils down to "is prominent eyewitness linked to BNP?" To which you have no answer.

Meaning your whole statement is pointless.

As I said, your statements are strange.
This discussion has been closed.