Labour MP Shot and Stabbed!!

What's Hot

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    randella said:
    And to draw a line under the Tories biggest issue
    Their biggest issue being the split over Europe, which Cameron attempted to ameliorate with a referendum. 

I feel we're splitting hairs here. 
    Nothing whatsoever to do with healing a Tory rift. Cameron knew the last election was going to be tight and whilst UKIP wouldn't win many MPs it had the power to split the Tory vote and allow Labour and the Lib Dems to win marginal seats. Farage offered a referendum and challenged Cameron to do the same - he did so many UKIP voters supported the Tories in the knowledge they'd get a referendum if the Tories formed the government.

The Tory Party has never been a united party like Labour - its a collection of people with disparate views and the EU won't go away if we leave or stay.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    hugbot said:
    Thats quite a coincidence. The guy (who happens to be a neo nazi extremist) turns up at an MPs surgery - (an event where in MP is easiest to find as they're expected  to be there at that time) carrying weapon(s - plural) he'd homemade ahead of time  (which he was not planning on using) and ends up unloading two shots into the wrong person (on the ground) who happens to intervene. 

Maybe the attacker often goes around carrying weapons, who knows.  The attack didn't occur at the MP's surger.  It occurred in the street.   He may have targeted her; he may not have been targeting her.  I like to leave an open mind until things are better established.  
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2016
    Mkjackary said:
    Ro_S said:
    At present it's not entirely clear whether Jo Cox was specifically targeted or whether she intervened in an altercation.  

The arrested man seems to have had hygiene- related OCD as well as possibly other mental issues.   It's a possibility that he got involved in an altercation with someone - maybe someone was touching him - and he flipped and pulled a weapon out.  This doesn't preclude him from having white supremacist ideas.   
    Shooting 3 times and then going on to stabbing 7 times is an act of passion, not an act of retaliation/reaction. The chances of everything happening the way it has, just by chance, is so small that it can be ignored, if she were not an MP she wouldn't have been targeted.

I never disputed that the attacker was intentional in attacking the MP or that he intended to kill her when attacking her.

An act of passion in murder involves someone you know personally very well.

If the attacker was mentally disturbed or what-have-you, anything is possible about the manner in which he attacked her..

You are assuming that he targeted her.  That may very well be true, however at present it's unclear exactly what happened.  Did he turn up to confront and attack the MP?   Was it a street altercation with a third person and the MP was walking down the street and was in the wrong place at the wrong time and was attempting to intervene as peace-maker?   

I prefer to keep an open mind until things are better established and understood.  

It's reported that he had extreme right-wing ideas, but at the same time there are reports that he voluntarily gave language lessons to immigrants.  On the face of it, that doesn't really add up.  But if he was mentally disturbed...

over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

Ro_S said:
    hugbot said:
    Thats quite a coincidence. The guy (who happens to be a neo nazi extremist) turns up at an MPs surgery - (an event where in MP is easiest to find as they're expected  to be there at that time) carrying weapon(s - plural) he'd homemade ahead of time  (which he was not planning on using) and ends up unloading two shots into the wrong person (on the ground) who happens to intervene. 

Maybe the attacker often goes around carrying weapons, who knows.  The attack didn't occur at the MP's surger.  It occurred in the street.   He may have targeted her; he may not have been targeting her.  I like to leave an open mind until things are better established.  
    I'm convinced she was targeted and think it could have more to do with Islam and Syrian refugees than Brexit. Britain First had a march through Dewsbury near Jo's home town carrying Union flags and Christian crosses against Islam. Jo Tweeted her support for the people of Dewsbury who faced down the racism and fascism of the extreme right with calm unity which could have been read by the killer. In a bid to garner newspaper coverage, the group has also carried out mosque invasions and Christian patrols in towns up and down Britain.

Britain First is anti Islam and Jo chairs a parliamentary committee seeking to rehome and rehouse Syrian refugees in Britain. She was instrumental in getting Cameron to allow unaccompanied children into the UK. There's also evidence that another Labour MP was targeted on Twitter by far right thugs for her support of Muslim refugees.

• hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    It happened in the street...directly outside the library she was due at for her 1pm surgery. You could have checked that as an established fact of the case in two seconds if you were actually interested in the truth. You're bending yourself in maniacal contortions trying to avoid the blindingly obvious.
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4771

He's given his name in court as "Death to traitors, freedom for Britain". Sounds like a twat to me.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33984
    edited June 2016
    Yeah, nothing to do with Brexit, is it? What an asshole.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31963
    Ro_S said:
    I prefer to keep an open mind

:|
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Fretwired said:
    I'm convinced she was targeted and think it could have more to do with Islam and Syrian refugees than Brexit. 
    Yep, motivation probably not explicitly related to Brexit.   That's why it's so inappropriate that the murder is being spun and exploited in by some in a particular way with view to the EU referendum campaign and vote.. 

hugbot said:
    It happened in the street...directly outside the library she was due at for her 1pm surgery. You could have checked that as an established fact of the case in two seconds if you were actually interested in the truth. You're bending yourself in maniacal contortions trying to avoid the blindingly obvious.
    I thought she was leaving her surgery event?    Either way, it happened in the street.  Yes, maybe he was waiting for her to target her. Or maybe he was just passing the library on a main road he often walked down on a frequent basis and he was having an altercation with some third party person.

This makes sad reading ..

While police probe links between the suspect and neo-Nazi groups as a “priority line of enquiry”, detectives are also investigating the state of his mental health as it emerged that Mr Mair had sought help for depression the night before Mrs Cox was killed - but was told to make an appointment and come back the next day.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

He's given his name in court as "Death to traitors, freedom for Britain". 

Okay.  That's very recent news.  First i'd heard of it.  

Fair enough!

• earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3507
    p90fool said:
    Ro_S said:
    I prefer to keep an open mind

:|
    +1
    edited June 2016
    Fretwired said:

While police probe links between the suspect and neo-Nazi groups as a “priority line of enquiry”, detectives are also investigating the state of his mental health as it emerged that Mr Mair had sought help for depression the night before Mrs Cox was killed - but was told to make an appointment and come back the next day.

Mmm.

Maybe we need to make less of this man's extremist far right views; and instead make more about a seriously mentally ill man who had a mental health issues over several decades, and that we have failed over many decades to give enough support to those experiencing mental health issues.   This is what can happen due the manner in which 'Care in the Community' is implemented.  Mental health services are wholly inadequate.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    That would sound a lot more sincere if it wasn't coming directly after your utterly bizzare "maybe this is all a misunderstanding" defence.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3507
    Ro_S said:
    Fretwired said:

Mmm.

Maybe we need to make less of this man's extremist far right views; and instead make more about a seriously mentally ill man who had a mental health issues over several decades, and that we have failed over many decades to give enough support to those experiencing mental health issues.   This is what can happen due the manner in which 'Care in the Community' is implemented.  Mental health services are wholly inadequate.

No comment. 
    hugbot said:
    That would sound a lot more sincere if it wasn't coming directly after your utterly bizzare "maybe this is all a misunderstanding" defence.
    i never expressed any such thing!

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13049
    Stop. Just stop. You're embarrassing yourself. Again.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    it seems that a few people have a problem with basic reading comprehension.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • So now he pretty much calls himself a terrorist with links to Britain first , it's now all about mental health provision is it?

Again imagine what Farrage and tits like you would be saying if this was a Muslim.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.