Labour MP Shot and Stabbed!!

What's Hot

Comments

• Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    Fretwired said:
    Ro_S said:

You are misunderstanding my point.

There are supposed reports that the attacker said ''put Britain first' or something, although other eyewitness report no such thing.   The implication would be that he was anti-EU and a Brexit person.

Pretty much regardless, the Remain campaign can still cynically spin this for their purposes.

I got your point but I doubt they'd be that dumb until the facts are known. I also bet the police may drag their feet information wise until the referendum is over.

However, Britain First is an anti-Islam party. The majority of EU migrants are white, Christian and speak English and come from eastern Europe. Britain First has links to far right groups in other parts of Europe. If he's a British First member it's more likely to do with Islam and Jo's work to get refugees into the UK. The group states 'The only people we “hate” are the white left-wing politicians and journalists who are wrecking our beautiful country' which might be a clue.

I could be spouting bollocks ..
    Even yesterday the TV news were reporting about the alleged "'put Britain first' thing.   Also yesterday, a Labour MP was twisting it.

No other eyewitnesses yesterday reported the attacker said such a thing.

Yes, I wanna see what comes out in the wash. 

But this story is already getting spun a certain way and based on things which have not been established.

over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Ro_S said:
    Fretwired said:
    Ro_S said:

You are misunderstanding my point.

There are supposed reports that the attacker said ''put Britain first' or something, although other eyewitness report no such thing.   The implication would be that he was anti-EU and a Brexit person.

Pretty much regardless, the Remain campaign can still cynically spin this for their purposes.

I got your point but I doubt they'd be that dumb until the facts are known. I also bet the police may drag their feet information wise until the referendum is over.

However, Britain First is an anti-Islam party. The majority of EU migrants are white, Christian and speak English and come from eastern Europe. Britain First has links to far right groups in other parts of Europe. If he's a British First member it's more likely to do with Islam and Jo's work to get refugees into the UK. The group states 'The only people we “hate” are the white left-wing politicians and journalists who are wrecking our beautiful country' which might be a clue.

I could be spouting bollocks ..
    Even yesterday the TV news were reporting about the alleged "'put Britain first' thing.   Also yesterday, a Labour MP was twisting it.

Yes, I wanna see what comes out in the wash. 

But this story is already getting spun a certain way and based on things which have not been established.

I agree .. even Angela Merkel has waded into the debate.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    edited June 2016
    Garthy said:
    Ro_S said:
    Have the Remain campaigners started to exploit the death of this 'martyr' yet for their purposes?

Is there there a facebook or twitter campaign yet along thew lines of:
    "Vote Remain.  That's what Jo Cox would've done.  Vote Remain for Jo.  The kind, selfless humanitarian mother of two young children."  

The Guardian has:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/16/the-guardian-view-on-jo-cox-an-attack-on-humanity-idealism-and-democracy

told you so !

over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• KKJaleKKJale Frets: 983
    edited June 2016
    Ro_S said:

There are reports across multiple media that two eyewitnesses heard it, and both have been named. 

Seems you're keen to question evidence of this murderer’s political affiliations, but you're not shy yourself when it comes speculating about the religious and political inclinations of the Pulse club gunman... 

Ro_S said:
    I suspect the shooter was homosexual or bisexual in denial about his sexuality, in addition to having a radicalised Jihadist/ISIS agenda.

KKJale said:
    Ro_S said:

There are reports across multiple media that two eyewitnesses heard it, and both have been named. 

The important words in your sentence are ''reports'' and ''two''.

Only media reports.  Being repeated across the media.  Modern journalists tend to merely repeat and report things they heard, rather than exactly investigate and find out for themselves.

So only two witnesses say the attacker said such a thing.  How many didn't say he did?

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7922
    Ro_S said:
    KKJale said:
    Ro_S said:

Only media reports.  Being repeated across the media.  Modern journalists tend to merely repeat and report things they heard, rather than exactly investigate and find out for themselves.

So only two witnesses say the attacker said such a thing.  How many didn't say he did?

you're funny :)
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • KKJaleKKJale Frets: 983
    Isn't he  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33989
    Ro_S said:
    KKJale said:
    Ro_S said:

You have to be joking.

• Ro_S said:
    Garthy said:
    Ro_S said:
    Have the Remain campaigners started to exploit the death of this 'martyr' yet for their purposes?

"Vote Remain.  That's what Jo Cox would've done.  Vote Remain for Jo.  The kind, selfless humanitarian mother of two young children."  

The Guardian has:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/16/the-guardian-view-on-jo-cox-an-attack-on-humanity-idealism-and-democracy

told you so !

Impeccable debating skills you have.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    edited June 2016
    @Ro_s, have you done anything on this forum that hasn't made you look like a grade a twat?

From sparking arguments with small businesses, shit bait threads, and now this attitude?

You seem so desperate to disagree with people, and this forum doesn't need it

Cheer up, or fuck off
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4386
    Ro_S said:
    Garthy said:
    Ro_S said:

The Guardian has:

told you so !

The tone of glee in that post is a little unsettling.

It was a shitty, horrific tragedy in which an innocent human was killed - I feel it's not really the time for *anyone* to try and make political capital out of it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2016
    randella said:
    It was a shitty, horrific tragedy in which an innocent human was killed - I feel it's not really the time for *anyone* to try and make political capital out of it.
    that was exactly my point I was trying to make in the first place 

joeyowen said:
    @Ro_s, have you done anything on this forum that hasn't made you look like a grade a twat?

From sparking arguments with small businesses, shit bait threads, and now this attitude?

You seem so desperate to disagree with people, and this forum doesn't need it

Cheer up, or fuck off

Disagreement?   On an online discussion board?   Shocking!

Did I impose on your 'safe space' ?

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Impose, tarnish, lower the average iq

Semantics really
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    Ro_S said:
    No you didn't, you're just acting like a dickhead.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
    Bucket said:
    Ro_S said:
    No you didn't, you're just acting like a dickhead.
    Well, someone has to fill the void.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4386
    For something that was initially designed to heal rifts in a political party, this poxy referendum is causing deep, troubling, upsetting division in British society.

The sooner it's done with the better.  I'll go along and tick a box next Thursday, you all go along and tick a box (the same one, a different one, tomayto tomarto), then we can all go for a fucking pint.  Hopefully without anyone else getting hurt.

edited June 2016
    KKJale said:
    Ro_S said:

Seems you're keen to question evidence of this murderer’s political affiliations, but you're not shy yourself when it comes speculating about the religious and political inclinations of the Pulse club gunman... 

Ro_S said:
    I suspect the shooter was homosexual or bisexual in denial about his sexuality, in addition to having a radicalised Jihadist/ISIS agenda
    I wrote ''suspect''.  I was clearly expressing my personal initial feelings about it.  I wasn't reporting on it.  I wasn't purporting to be presenting facts.  And I certainly wasn't trying to exploit something for any convenient political spin.  
    Nowhere have I questioned anything about the political motivations or affiliations of the attacker and murderer of the MP.   All I queried was what was or was not said during the attack.  They have been conflicting reports.  Let the Police get on with their investigation.   Do we even have any idea how many eyewitnesses there are likely to have been?

I get to vote twice next week.
    Mrs Oct is away so we've arranged for me to be her proxy.

I am literally* drunk with power.

*figuratively.
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1960
    randella said:
    For something that was initially designed to heal rifts in a political party, this poxy referendum is causing deep, troubling, upsetting division in British society.

The sooner it's done with the better.  I'll go along and tick a box next Thursday, you all go along and tick a box (the same one, a different one, tomayto tomarto), then we can all go for a fucking pint.  Hopefully without anyone else getting hurt.

I could not agree more with this....I just want it over so as a country we can more forward, whatever the outcome.
This discussion has been closed.