Labour MP Shot and Stabbed!!

What's Hot

Comments

• BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    Wow, I figured Sambostar was an attention-seeker with a very strange outlook on life but I never thought he had it in him to be quite such a callous, insensitive, spiteful cunt.

Anyway, what utterly horrible news. I was really shocked to hear about it and obviously I extend my condolences to her loved ones (whatever that really means). Without wishing to sound insensitive, it doesn't surprise me to hear that the killer had mental health issues. This surely isn't the kind of thing you'd do if you had all your marbles.

Seems like she was one of the actual good people in British politics. We could use more of those... 
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    edited June 2016
    Sambostar shouldn't have been banned .. a blunt instrument IMHO. Argue your corner .. we don't need safe spaces here .. well not in speakers corner. Why get offended by what someone else writes?

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4293
    edited June 2016
    Fretwired;1113727" said:
    Fortheloveofguitar said:

To be fair to Sambostar he does have a point in that although this is a truly tragic event it would not have had the same impact on the press if she wasn't an MP

Shame on the press for peddling their own agenda

But she was an MP and that's what makes her murder all the more shocking. Our system of government forces MPs into grubby little rooms to listen to the concerns of their constituents. Even Cameron has to do it. It connects voters to those in power and it would be a sad day if it were to vanish.

The police aren't saying much but from what I've heard the MP has faced threats in the past - if that's the case what were the police doing.

And in an appalling twist a Remain Labour MP has blamed the Leave group ... never miss an opportunity to make political capital, especially when we have no idea of the motives of the murderer.

A very sad day - the comments from Jo's constituents were moving. She was clearly highly thought of even though she was a new MP.

And the BBC reporting was suspect. The BBC kept saying the killer said 'Britain first' whereas the only witness says he's not sure exactly what was said.
    Sorry but it doesn't make it any more shocking at all because she was an MP than if she was a bus driver and I wouldn't want to be one of those around these parts with the scum and lunatics your locked in there with and getting threatened on a daily basis.

Again there's no proof yet that she was a direct target and even if she was its no different than someone having it in for me or one of you from here turning up to my house to kill me because you don't like this comment

And even if it were planned that he was going to kill her then her career path is irrelevant even if she's upset him involving said career then that makes it personal and not about her job title

If it was a lone attacker or a terrorist that was specifically targeting MP's then the job title becomes relevant
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4293
    edited June 2016
    Bucket;1113729" said:
    Wow, I figured Sambostar was an attention-seeker with a very strange outlook on life but I never thought he had it in him to be quite such a callous, insensitive, spiteful cunt.
    You're about an hr late. The bandwagon left without you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Sorry but it doesn't make it any more shocking at all this she was an MP than if she was a bus driver and I wouldn't want to be one of those around these parts with the scum and lunatics your locked in there with and getting threatened on a daily basis.

Again there's no proof yet that she was a direct target and even if she was its no different than someone having it in for me or one of you from here turning up to my house to kill me because you don't like this comment

And even if it were planned that he was going to kill her then her career path is irrelevant even if she's upset him involving said career then that makes it personal and not about her job title

If it was a lone attacker or a terrorist that was specifically targeting MP's then the job title becomes relevant
    Disagree. It's an attack on democracy and government. She was clearly the target and it was premeditated. She was meeting her constituents as part of her job and was an easy target. I'm voting Brexit. She campaigned for Remain. I couldn't imagine killing someone just because the views they held were the opposite of mine. However, we are all guilty of creating a toxic environment in which all MPs are seen as liars and cheats - I'm guilty of this with my comments on this forum about Cameron as are others. With a heated referendum debate amplified by social media a man with a history of mental problems may have decided to act .. however we don't yet know the killer's motives ..

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2016
    Bucket;1113729" said:
    Yes sorry, I've had things to do other than sit around arguing on the internet.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Bucket;1113753" said:
    Fortheloveofguitar said:

Bucket;1113729" said:Wow, I figured Sambostar was an attention-seeker with a very strange outlook on life but I never thought he had it in him to be quite such a callous, insensitive, spiteful cunt.

Yes sorry, I've had things to do other than sit around arguing on the internet.
    Clearly not as you've made the effort to come on and abuse another member
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17899
    tFB Trader
    Fretwired said:
    Sambostar shouldn't have been banned .. a blunt instrument IMHO. Argue your corner .. we don't need safe spaces here .. well not in speakers corner. Why get offended but what someone else writes?
    This thread isn't in speakers corner. 

In any case In addition to the content regarding the murdered MP he also committed a contravention of rule 2 which was enough for a visit to the cooler regardless.
    Clearly not as you've made the effort to come on and abuse another member
    I didn't come here with the intention of abusing another member. I came on here as I usually do, to kill time, and then I see what he's posted (after he'd already been called out) and felt sufficiently moved to write what I did. I stand behind it. Call it abuse if you want, but I don't see that what I've said is anywhere near the same league as the hateful tripe he posted.

If you act like a cunt, don't be surprised if someone calls you one.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24694
    A terrible loss.  My heart goes out to her husband and her two little kids.  I can't help but wonder whether this may not have happened if the government had not adopted this policy of cutting funding from mental health care.  There are many, many people out on the streets with mental illness that are just left to do whatever their disturbed minds tell them to.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixote;1113758" said:
    Fretwired said:

Sambostar shouldn't have been banned .. a blunt instrument IMHO. Argue your corner .. we don't need safe spaces here .. well not in speakers corner. Why get offended but what someone else writes?

This thread isn't in speakers corner. 

In any case In addition to the content regarding the murdered MP he also committed a contravention of rule 2 which was enough for a visit to the cooler regardless.
    Contravention of rule 2!

Well he was pretty much forced into a corner on that one
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13049
    He wasn't even remotely forced into it.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Bucket;1113760" said:
    Fortheloveofguitar said:Clearly not as you've made the effort to come on and abuse another member

I didn't come here with the intention of abusing another member. I came on here as I usually do, to kill time, and then I see what he's posted (after he'd already been called out) and felt sufficiently moved to write what I did. I stand behind it. Call it abuse if you want, but I don't see that what I've said is anywhere near the same league as the hateful tripe he posted.

If you act like a cunt, don't be surprised if someone calls you one.

Hardly hateful tripe but a man with a valid opinion that wasn't put across in a constructive manner given the delicate nature of the incident being discussed

I could see past the phrasing of the initial comment and read into what point he was actually trying to make but most including yourself decide to play the offence card and take it at face value which surprises me as we seem to have so many self proclaimed intellectuals within these four walls or maybe they're really just pseudo intellectuals?

Easy opportunity for some shit slinging by then abusing him and when he fights back he gets banned under Rule 2. Why the fuck aren't you being banned under rule 2 for calling him
    a cunt?
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2016
    Why the fuck aren't you being banned under rule 2 for calling him a cunt?
    Because then, all things being equal, they'd have to ban several other people too.

And also because it's true. I fail to see how you can call it anything other than hateful, callous, heroically insensitive cobblers. Did you read the same words as me? Offence is taken not given, sure, but this isn't some exercise in "playing the offence card", as you so cynically put it. A lot of people found it offensive, and I'm reasonably sure they weren't doing it out of spite, for the sake of it. I don't see what your point is about intellectualism, there was none whatsoever in anything he posted. The "point" he was making, as is often the case with his posts, is so ludicrous I'm still wondering if he even meant it seriously, and he couldn't have conveyed it worse if he'd daubed it up the wall in his own shit.

"What a wanker."

"She was just a bloody civil servant."

DIRECT quotes. You don't even need to take those out of context for them to be utterly appalling.

In what universe is that acceptable? A little basic human respect for the deceased at a time like this would be nice.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1404
    @bucket wise beyond years. Sorry but but fuck off- there is no excuse, no matter how fucking intellectually you want to position it , for what happened. None. End of. 
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    Respectful people on the internet are few and far between, there no motivation to be anything other than a keyboard warrior.

The actions of today have been a tragedy, as was the Orlando shootings. But a certain amount of objectivity is required, no man can weep for everyone.
    Sambo is allowed to not care. In the same way the average subsistance farming african wouldnt care - he simply doesnt see it to affect him. Which is fair enough. To an extent he's correct.

Doesnt mean he should voice that opinion though. So I dont want to be seen to excuse his posts.

'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
    edited June 2016
    Hertz32 said:
    Respectful people on the internet are few and far between, there no motivation to be anything other than a keyboard warrior.

The actions of today have been a tragedy, as was the Orlando shootings. But a certain amount of objectivity is required, no man can weep for everyone.
    Sambo is allowed to not care. In the same way the average subsistance farming african wouldnt care - he simply doesnt see it to affect him. Which is fair enough. To an extent he's correct.

Doesnt mean he should voice that opinion though. So I dont want to be seen to excuse his posts.
    He's not a subsistence farming African though. Half his posts might seem to be beamed in from an alternate universe but as far as I can tell, he's a British citizen whom you might reasonably expect to be at least a little concerned that a democratically elected political representative, in the country he lives in, can be brutally murdered by a total nutter in broad daylight while simply doing her job.

You're not meant to "weep" for everyone. I'm not weeping. But I'm shocked and saddened just as I was by Orlando. I'd have thought that was a pretty normal reaction.

As for being a respectful person on the internet... I try. I don't always succeed, but really the thought of simply not being thought of as a total cunt by all and sundry is enough to spur me on toward that goal.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • MkjackaryMkjackary Frets: 776
    Pretty sure sambo is also the guy in charge of Donald Trump's twitter.
    I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12459
    Sad news indeed, another mental health patient slips the net. It is difficult to constantly asses the mental health of somebody if they arent engaging in the process, which might or might not have been the case here. Thing is you cant just lock somebody up because they "might" harm someone else or they've consistently missed appointments.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    I've just logged on, and not been party to the Sambo rants, apart from snippets. Seems to me that I understand what he was saying in his own inimitable style, although perhaps it could have been worded with a bit more sensitivity....

And in The Grauniad, Polly Toynbee is on fine form, pretty much blaming the leave campaign for the murder. 

This discussion has been closed.