Labour MP Shot and Stabbed!!

What's Hot

Comments

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24866
    ^ Any mods looking at this thread?

Any chance we can just bin this guy?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7834
    I think when you become a parent these tragic stories have extra resonance. I feel so sorry for her kids, I hope their father has the strength to give them what they need.

I also feel awful for the french 3 year old child whose police parents were murdered earlier in the week.

The world is fucked up and life is not 100% in your control. Make the best of every day.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ^ Any mods looking at this thread?

What for? Being a bit of an asshole? We're all guilty of that from time to time.

A ban requires consistent flagging of posts from multiple members, then a review, etc, etc.

Or an outright flouting of one of the rules.

None of this has happened here yet. Sambostar has the right to be an ass and post his opinion. You have the right to flag it.  The mods have their right to judge accordingly.

littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • svejksvejk Frets: 148
    Yes please, can we just block this guy. This is really not on, on a thread where human beings of all different belief and backgrounds simply want to come together to express our horror at this senseless and shocking attack.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1644
    UnclePsychosis;1113623" said:
    Imagine being so pathetic that the only way you can get your kicks is by posting "edgy" comments about a murdered woman.

"Look at me! Look at me! Look at me!"
    This.

Deeply pathetic. Its the first time I've seen this type of stupidity on this forum.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7922

What for? Being a bit of an asshole? We're all guilty of that from time to time.

A ban requires consistent flagging of posts from multiple members, then a review, etc, etc.

None of this has happened here yet. Sambostar has the right to be an ass and post his opinion. You have the right to flag it.  The mods have their right to judge accordingly.

Not even Rule 1 ?

I'd say he was being a massive dick.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1644
    Sambostar;1113648" said:
    You wouldn't say that to me face if I were down the pub you big fucking pussy.  Man up Richard. Think about yourself. I'm out of here anyway, it's become stupid and full of the wrong kind of stupidity the kind that takes itself too seriously and is self righteous and judgemental.  You're a fucking twat Richard, but I seriously hope you wake up tomorrow morning with something new in your heart other than your continual loathing for the human race and humanity and yourself, because you still have a few decades of hope left but as it stands right now, you are a fucking cunt and you damn well know it.

In fact cunt is too good a word to use because that infers female genitalia.  I seriously don't know what you are, it's beyond my vocabulary to be honest.

Goodbye.
    Judging by how charming you are I'm going to guess you'd love to see some female genitalia but you probably haven't.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17899
    tFB Trader
    Right I've had enough of this shit. 

Sambostar is going on a break.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 16reaction image Wisdom
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2276
    edited June 2016
    Good fucking riddance, what a poisonous wee troll he was.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16397
    edited June 2016

Sambostar said:
    That's a bit OTT. I vote UKIP.
    Well, I've found the my deciding factor in voting Remain. Also flagged him for the mods, he is out of order on this Discussion.  edit : was obviously writing whilst monquixote was posting.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_C said:

Not even Rule 1 ?

He is indeed, and I didn't say he hasn't contravened any forum rules.

But as has been said before by the modmins, if people don't report it they don't always know what's going on (they can't police the forum 24/7). Have SS's posts been flagged even yet? I'd hope so.

If you don't like it, flag it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 5071
    edited June 2016
    Right I've had enough of this shit. 

Sambostar is going on a break.
    Cooler
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4293
    edited June 2016
    To be fair to Sambostar he does have a point in that although this is a truly tragic event it would not have had the same impact on the press if she wasn't an MP

If she had been a street sweeper or delivering the mail then this level of press would not happen unless it was a terrorist related act

They are still saying that there was an altercation involving two men and that she intervened and then the guy turned his attention to her and started attacking her.

There are currently no publicised facts to firmly suggest there was a planned attack with her as the target at this stage of the investigation

It is truly dreadful what has happened and I can't even imagine what that poor lady went through and what lies ahead for her family now they've lost a wife and mother

With that said the press are making it all about the 'MP' aspect of the story. With BBC Nick Robinson immedietly jumping on the wagon 'I can't believe this has happened to an MP on the streets of Britain'

Again hyping the MP aspect up before there has even been suggestion that She was a direct target and not simply a have a go hero or someone who was simply unlucky to be in the wrong place at the wrong time

It shouldn't matter what job she did as she's an ordinary person just like the rest of us but for them there is no major headline without that political link and this wouldn't have even made the front pages of the national shit sheets if she had been a checkout girl in Tesco

Shame on the press for peddling their own agenda

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17899
    tFB Trader
    I would point out that if you want action taken you need to flag posts. 
  • I would point out that if you want action taken you need to flag posts. 
    I may have pointed that out a tad earlier.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7834
    Public figures always get more attention as they are more news worthy. It's the way of the world and all of us know that. Somehow it's always a bit more shocking when it's a public figure involved. Really no need to bring it up here and now.

Doesn't diminish the fact it's a stone wall tragedy for those kids and yeah news like this always makes me hold my little girl that little bit longer before she goes to bed.

Our hold on life is flimsy.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Teetonetal;1113694" said:
    Public figures always get more attention as they are more news worthy. It's the way of the world and all of us know that
    Think that was the point that Sambo was trying to get across but it came across as an insensitive rant
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7922
    Paul_C said:

Not even Rule 1 ?

He is indeed, and I didn't say he hasn't contravened any forum rules.

But as has been said before by the modmins, if people don't report it they don't always know what's going on (they can't police the forum 24/7). Have SS's posts been flagged even yet? I'd hope so.

If you don't like it, flag it.
    You mentioned "outright flouting of one of the rules" which I felt might have happened - I subsequently went to flag the post but as I have him blocked I hadn't found the one I thought particularly poor before he'd been "rested". ;)
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9779
    Mods might want to delete some of the posts where he's quoted as well.. Good call mods btw.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    To be fair to Sambostar he does have a point in that although this is a truly tragic event it would not have had the same impact on the press if she wasn't an MP

Shame on the press for peddling their own agenda

But she was an MP and that's what makes her murder all the more shocking. Our system of government forces MPs into grubby little rooms to listen to the concerns of their constituents. Even Cameron has to do it. It connects voters to those in power and it would be a sad day if it were to vanish.

The police aren't saying much but from what I've heard the MP has faced threats in the past - if that's the case what were the police doing.

And in an appalling twist a Remain Labour MP has blamed the Leave group ... never miss an opportunity to make political capital, especially when we have no idea of the motives of the murderer.

A very sad day - the comments from Jo's constituents were moving. She was clearly highly thought of even though she was a new MP.

And the BBC reporting was suspect. The BBC kept saying the killer said 'Britain first' whereas the only witness says he's not sure exactly what was said.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
This discussion has been closed.