Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Original 58 and 54 compared to replicas

What's Hot
1234568»

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 9083
    Colour me disappointed by the way this thread went. I'm glad it's getting back on topic. 

All I want to know is how close they are, in tone feel and playability, at least I've tried really good vintage guitars to compare too
    That's the bit that fascinates me. There's not room in my life for knowing how close a particular guitar is to one assembled between 10:15 and 10:35 on the second Wednesday in March 1970.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1408
    Why do Les Pauls seem to incite so much drama in people? And then the OP takes his ball home so nobody can play anymore.... I'll stick with my old Yammy SL380, thanks.
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3362
    tFB Trader
    Yeah and I'll wait to finish my own chambered goldtop which I like alot btw

7.75lb and feels good to me, just a different tone, i'll be doing a more modern version of it too for even more comfort, belly and upper fret access contours

www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    edited December 2016 tFB Trader
    WezV said:
    miserneil said:
    WezV said:
    Now now, let's not drive him away. 
    My post was totally on the contrary @WezV, all power to @customkits for the thread, unfortunately I can see the replica police hovering as we speak...
    I have only seen real ones on here or can't we mention the R word
    Most would love a replica build thread, and more info on them, no need to be mysterious about the fact you build them.... it's the logo issue that can split the crowd and cause some to get their knickers in a twist 

not sure if you are using a Gibson logo on your replicas, but obscured headstock shots suggest so.

My goal would be to wake people up to the fact that there are more acurate guitars out there in every way

www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    edited December 2016 tFB Trader
    WezV said:

www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)