Today, I have mostly been listening to ...

What's Hot

Comments

• Boston. I'm on a massive Boston trip at the moment. It's those harmonies and the awesome guitar work. I don't care how cheesy it is...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
    Boston. I'm on a massive Boston trip at the moment. It's those harmonies and the awesome guitar work. I don't care how cheesy it is...
    How do you like the new album? :)
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Octahedron;331072" said:
    Nunogilberto said:

Boston. I'm on a massive Boston trip at the moment. It's those harmonies and the awesome guitar work. I don't care how cheesy it is...

Didn't realise there was a new one; I'll have to check it out. I bought their greatest hits the other day.
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4101
    Just wanted to share this ten minutes of quiet brilliance.  It's a sort of sit down with a cup of tea and stare at the grey skies song. 

A new find for me.

Arborea - "Wolves"

• OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
    Octahedron;331072" said:
    Nunogilberto said:

Didn't realise there was a new one; I'll have to check it out. I bought their greatest hits the other day.
    It's got the last Brad Delp recordings on it. It's called Life, Love and Hope. Was released in December I believe. I keep contemplating buying it. When I listen to it... I'm not sure how I feel about it. Maybe it's one of those albums that needs to be cranked up through 5.1 surround to understand!

I have the first 2 albums (Boston and Don't Look Back) but I can't seem to find the other 3 that come in between those and Life, Love and Hope... :( 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11684
    One of the good things about getting older is being able to listen to things some time after you've first heard them and re-evaluating them. I hadn't heard this for at least 30 years, I never liked it much when it was first released.

What strikes me is how good it sounds. This was ages ago, and as a band playing live it sounds better than almost anything I hear on telly these days.

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28753
    :D

@scrumhalf - that Cars track and performance is fantastic. Not a huge fan of the band but that song and Best Friend's Girl are classics
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 25006
    scrumhalf;337898" said:
    One of the good things about getting older is being able to listen to things some time after you've first heard them and re-evaluating them. I hadn't heard this for at least 30 years, I never liked it much when it was first released.

What strikes me is how good it sounds. This was ages ago, and as a band playing live it sounds better than almost anything I hear on telly these days.

That was just what I needed....
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    Yeah - I liked that as well.

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25573
    This bloke

Damn!

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• MAGIC. There is clearly much to be avoided in the phrase 'Canadian boy band reggae fusion' and their hit single was in 2013 so I am only just catching up but I like it.
    more guitar in this than the studio versions ( although hit single with guitar solo shocker if you listen to Rude).

EDIT: google says rest of the world in 2013, last few weeks in the UK. Doh!

I have the album, I am a 12 year old girl. Anyhow, this is a very Police influenced track, thought somebody might like it:
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    Gillian Welch - The Harrow & The Harvest.
    Totally wonderful.

• VH - Fair Warning
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• mudslide73;340437" said:
    VH - Fair Warning
    It is. Thanks for the 'heads up'.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • This captivated my interest. The new Freak Kitchen song. It's called "Sloppy", but there's certainly nothing sloppy about their musicianship!!

It makes me laugh, every time, when they sing "Sloppy-pee-pee-pee-pee" etc. This is a band I will listen to more of. Mostly because it humours me. But they're actually quite good. Absolutely balmy, but good. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BeBop Deluxe (since yesterday morning)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • As of last night I just discovered the Minutemen and cannot stop listening.
  • Boston. I'm on a massive Boston trip at the moment. It's those harmonies and the awesome guitar work. I don't care how cheesy it is...
    I saw them live at the Rainbow Theatre. An excellent night out.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • Robyn Hitchcock - The Man Upstairs His 20th solo LP according to the press release. I've been a fan since seeing him perform Brenda's Iron Sledge on Whistle Test in 1985. I was 18 then and Robyn's still on fine form in his sixties!
    :)
    Link to my trading feedback
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 4159
    The Clash. Hadn't heard the song 'Cheat' in years before today. I forgot how rocking it is.