Today, I have mostly been listening to ...

What's Hot

Comments

• Queen - Live at the Rainbow '74. They sound brilliant on this in fairness. As it's an early one, much of their well known stuff won't be on it, but they're still on fire and sound very youthful.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Queen - Live at the Rainbow '74. They sound brilliant on this in fairness. As it's an early one, much of their well known stuff won't be on it, but they're still on fire and sound very youthful.
    Only listened to (some of) the second disc (the November show)  so far, but I'd agree with this, really enjoying it.
    Loving stuff like Liar, Flick of the Wrist and Stone Cold Crazy.
    I read a review somewhere where the writer said that Queen were a great live band who up to now had been without a great live album...not sure I agree with that, but certainly this is a document of a band at one of their many peaks.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    I'm reliving the Kate Bush "Before the Dawn" show. 

Can't wait for the official DVD release.
  • JET's 3rd and (sadly) last album Shaka Rock, it's in the car.

I thought it was definitely their best. A good high to end on but a shame they couldn't continue. Runs up at 12 songs, but they had a good way of showing off their influences without sounding like other bands out there and let's face it they had some good rock songs (Are You Gonna Be My Girl, Cold Hard Bitch, She's a Genius, to name but 3...) Their songs were always just the right length. They did the right thing, hit hard, and walked away - in true Aussie style ;)
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • fnptfnpt Frets: 766
    The Doors live at the Bowl - it's been ages since I last listened to them - in cassette!!

Bought the CD today and enjoying it in the car.
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3131
    Genesis - enjoyed Duke a fair bit today.. not heard it for 20 years.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16669
    Slightly randomly Eric Clapton's first album. Some waspish guitar sounds going on there - I think that's Brownie on the cover, possibly played through a pig nose with a flat battery. Couple of obvious fillers and its a bit hippy drippy but the good songs are very good indeed.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 10073
    edited October 2014
    Slightly randomly Eric Clapton's first album. Some waspish guitar sounds going on there - I think that's Brownie on the cover, possibly played through a pig nose with a flat battery. Couple of obvious fillers and its a bit hippy drippy but the good songs are very good indeed.

I've been playing this quite a bit lately too. As you say the good songs are very good indeed. I hadn't really thought too much about the guitar tone before but now that you mention it, it it can be a bit 'waspish' in places. Still a pretty good album though, and one I'd definitely replace if anything happened to it.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16669
    HAL9000 said:

I've been playing this quite a bit lately too. As you say the good songs are very good indeed. I hadn't really thought too much about the guitar tone before but now that you mention it, it it can be a bit 'waspish' in places. Still a pretty good album though, and one I'd definitely replace if anything happened to it.

when I was about 16 my brother gave me a compilation album and Let It Rain was on that. The album got lost somewhere over the years so it was a joy to hear that again. It's all very much of its era, if anyone wants to know what the early 70's sounded like they could do worse than start with this album.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Some tunes off Marillion's 82-92 singles album - decent material with both Fish and H to be honest, and Rothery is a tasteful player. The solo in Kayleigh has always been one of my faves.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 25006
    EricTheWeary;375177" said:
    Slightly randomly Eric Clapton's first album.
    Oddly enough, even though I'm a massive EC fan, I've never heard this album. 461 Ocean Boulevard was the first album I bought with my own money - I bought a CD copy two or three years ago and was pleasantly surprised how it had stood the test of time.

I must get the first one.
  • Coldplay's 'Magic' - Cracking song. I know it's fashionable to knock them, but they do some epic tunes...
  • Jock68Jock68 Frets: 902
    Flying Colors- Second Nature, Steve Morse still has it, good sound.  Out to see them live on Monday.

Jock
    Jock
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 4159
    Dunno if these fellas are still about. I liked them at first but sadly they went off the boil with their last album:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT-dxG4WWf4
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25111
    Bob Mould Band - Live at ATP 2008
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 10073
    Going Back Home by Wilko Johnson and Roger Daltrey in which a cancer patient and a pensioner show the new boys how to rock! Excellent stuff.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11683
    File under "Gone Too Early".

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • In my car at the moment...
    - Permission to Land by THE DARKNESS
    - A Night at the Opera - QUEEN (of course)
    - Aqualung - JETHRO TULL
    - Live - AC/DC
    - 2212 - RUSH

;) 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1506
    Mallory Knox a lot. Still.