Today, I have mostly been listening to ...

What's Hot

Comments

• Loving this...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11684
    Not heard this in ages, when suddenly it appeared on a compilation on my mp3 player. Such an underrated band (the first incarnation with Ted Turner, don't like any of the later stuff).

• @scrumhalf They were excellent :) Some of the MkII line up (with Laurie Wisefield) is worth hearing: try Live Dates Vol II, if that floats your boat try studio albums No Smoke Without Fire, New England, Just Testing, Front Page News. Some of the stuff after that (where they tried to be a heavy metal band eg Raw To The Bone) is probably more for die-hard fans.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • New Ryan Adams (I like that a lot, seems more focused than he's been for ages).

The new Robert Plant should be sat on my door mat when I get in tonight so that'll be my entry for tomorrow.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 10074
    Well today I've dusted off my copy of John Mayall's A Hard Road. To be honest it's a bit of a mixed bag, but mostly it's far better than I remembered.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • Listening to my new 'roundup' of stuff (it's going to take a while to get through)

1) The Donnas "Gold Medal", the 'all-girl AC/DC' second to last album and they kinda just disappeared off the face of the planet. It was fun while it lasted. I paid 50c!

2) Live "Throwing Copper", the classic Live album. Mostly, I enjoy this. One or two weird moments but overall I 'get' this. And at only 50c... I see 'bargain'

3) Royal Blood "Royal Blood", they created a stir and rightly so. Some say they're not really that special and they'll disappear. Maybe, but for a 2-piece they have created a monstrous sounding album really let's face it! I think of them as the 2-piece Mastodon!

4) Slash "World on Fire", maintains the pace of Apocalyptic Love though lyrically it suffers in places from being too 'wordy'

5) Sweet "Greatest Hits" compilation, after reading the Desolation Boulevard thread I needed a retrospective and something to keep my Sweet tooth satisfied (no shame for the pun...) ;)

6) Whitesnake "Slide it In", probably my favorite Whitesnake lineup and album. I get why 1987 was so big but this was just... A lot better.

7) Eric Johnson "Venus Isle", one of those albums I wanted as a kid after hearing the track S.R.V when he performed on the first G3 lineup alongside Satch and Vai. Never thought I would actually come across it all these years later!

8) Joe Bonamassa "Different Shades of Blue", Australia gets it early in light his tour. I've openly slated him a bit before but after a break from the constant slew of studio albums I'm liking this. I would say the only dud is the title track. Aside from that a decent disc worth checking out.
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • I was listening to Queen Rock Montreal the other day and it's a fantastic live album. Probably the beat version there is of Save Me.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 4159
    Today, is a Strawberries day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKR9pSs6i1g
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    edited September 2014
    Excellent choice @Deadman, keep up the good work in this thread.
    :D

Today for me was this and others like it from then.

• TTonyTTony Frets: 28453
    edited September 2014
    As @momquixote will confirm, today has been SQ day ...

Give it 2 mins ...

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    johnnyurq;357464" said:
    Excellent choice @Deadman, keep up the good work in this thread.
    u

Today for me was this and others like it from then.

You've got excellent taste @johnnyurq. I can't begin to explain how much I love that. You understand what it means. Cheers mate.
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    edited September 2014
    I can say the same for you @Deadman and I don't think there has been anything I don't like from your choices and postings.

Birds of a fevver and all that jazz, or is it fools who seldom differ (accurate for me in any case).

Punk's not dead it just has a hernia, type II diabetes and getting on a bit.

This is for you mate:

• Thanks for that dude.

LOL one of my faves from back in the day and from SLF. Seen them play it live many times and was always awesome even if Jake is mutton these days.

We used to cover it at the local community centre etc LOL, most likely very badly but that was punk, get wired in and have a go.

Johnny was definitely a bad man and chemically enhanced to boot.
    Good memories Johnny. I'd liked to have seen that and pogoed down the front ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Good times indeed and a great energy about it all.

Christ we must be getting on as we are now waxing lyrical abiut the okden days LOL.
  • This - the title track from Lenny Kravitz's new album Strut. 

Some pretty good guitar licks in there. :) 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • KarlosKarlos Frets: 512
    Tennis.
    I really like this lot. 

(the artist formerly known as KarlosSantos)