Today, I have mostly been listening to ...

What's Hot

Comments

• Haven't listened to them yet but today on a Cornish market stall I bought Dream Theatre's Images And Words, and Deep Purple's Come Taste The Band...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74500
    TTony said:
    As @momquixote will confirm, today has been SQ day ...

Give it 2 mins ...

Here's a trivia question…

What model are the two Marshall heads behind Rossi? I don't recognise them! The only model I know of which has that 2+6 knob layout is the Vintage Modern, but that has two push-switches, different knob positioning and different styling. VM prototypes or something?

I saw Quo on that tour and I thought they were probably 2205/10s - which those clearly aren't - but I wasn't close enough to see and I wasn't really looking, to be honest. Parfitt's are definitely horizontal-input 2203/4s.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Haven't listened to them yet but today on a Cornish market stall I bought Dream Theatre's Images And Words, and Deep Purple's Come Taste The Band...
    Come Taste the Band is probably my favourite Deep Purple album. The 35th anniversary reissue double disc edition is really something!

And Images & Words is definitely one of Dream Theater's finest moments. :) 

Good buys. I commend you sir. 

Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sirens And Satellites by SPC ECO.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1506
    Work of Art - Framework - AOR at it's best (but not quite as good as their previous effort, "In Progress")

Better Than Ezra - All Together Now - one of my favourite bands ever - US College pop rock, but they've yet to release an album that I don't adore (and this is album number 8)

Counting Crows - Somewhere Under Wonderland - only had a few listens but on first impressions, their best album since This Desert Life. 

Mallory Knox - Signals (and their newest single "Ghost In The Mirror") - Love me some modern day brit rock. 
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    joneve said:

Counting Crows - Somewhere Under Wonderland - only had a few listens but on first impressions, their best album since This Desert Life. 

I'd agree with that @joneve I'm loving it. 

Adam sure had a lot of lyrics to cram into this one, and the band are sounding on top form.
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1506
    joneve said:

I'd agree with that @joneve I'm loving it. 

Adam sure had a lot of lyrics to cram into this one, and the band are sounding on top form.
    I'm really surprised at how good it is. Hoping to see them in London next week if I can blag a ticket. 
  • camfcamf Frets: 1203
    Strand of Oaks. Going to see them tomorrow night. 
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 924
    New Threshold album - For The Journey.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Currently in the Mike Mobile is Def Leppard's Hysteria and Pyromania albums....

Not that I'm having an 80's hair-pop-rock trip or anything at the moment you understand....

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Continuing my holiday CD buying rampage, I found a neat independent record stall in Truro market today. Again, not listened to them yet but my purchases consisted of:

Queen - Live at the Rainbow '74
    Marillion - Singles 82 - 92
    Slash - World On Fire
    Mr Big - debut album

Looking forward to giving these a spin....
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 7066
    This.

Previously known as stevebrum
  • OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
    edited October 2014
    Continuing my holiday CD buying rampage, I found a neat independent record stall in Truro market today. Again, not listened to them yet but my purchases consisted of:

Queen - Live at the Rainbow '74
    Marillion - Singles 82 - 92
    Slash - World On Fire
    Mr Big - debut album

Looking forward to giving these a spin....
    I "borrowed" my dad's Mr Big collection. The new one "The Stories We Could Tell" is pretty good, back to the original line up. I've got the others on hand to listen to. Keen to hear thoughts on Slash. I'm not really sure about it still. I think the title track set me up with false hope that it'd be as good as/better than Apocalyptic Love :( 

I've got so much stuff that I have bought or borrowed lately that I haven't got around to listening to yet! I bought one of those "classic albums" sets of 5 Molly Hatchet albums, that I've barely made a dent in yet! And I've also got Ed Sheeran's first album (aha - showing off my 'diversity of taste' here), Jethro Tull's "Aqualung" and some other bits to get through as well! 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3131
    Oliver - Light Years Away
    Prince - Plectrumelectrum.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 10073
    Just bought myself John Mayall's 'A Special Life'. Excellent, and far better than I ever expected. Unfortunately will ultimately prove to be a very expensive purchase as I now feel the need need to go and buy a whole load of his other stuff. I bought Beano and Hard Road when they came out and then nothing else since. I can see this may have to be rectified.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 10073
    edited November 2014
    Oops - double post
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8630
    Iamnobody said:
    This.

I'm liking the new Petty stuff, also heard this on the radio the other day and was impressed.

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 4159
    edited October 2014
    Damon Albarn's truly fantastic 'Everyday robots'. If you haven't heard it yet and have/had even the slightest inclination towards him/Blur is the past then you just have to give it a listen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv334wRsf90

• VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    Currently basking in the "even more proggy than the first" Flying Colors album.
    Also new Counting Crows - closest I get to country! And recently started listening back to my Kings X stuff - too good.
    Most recent Dream Theater is still being played, although I have never stopped listening to them since I saw them on Images and Words tour a very long time ago! (http://www.mikeportnoy.com/dates/tourography/?show=226 - thanks to Mr Portnoy for keeping a diary of every bloomin gig!)

• RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6950
    edited October 2014
    U2 - Boy and October