Today, I have mostly been listening to ...

What's Hot

Comments

• not_the_dj;396750" said:
    The latest pair of Led Zep reissues.

This morning's drive was almost the right length to fit in the whole of the 4th album (I had to sit in the car park to get to the end of Levee).

Sounding fantastic so far. Battle of Evermore sound much better, I've not done an AB comparison with the previous releases but it sounded less muddy and crowded. Sandy Denny's vocals really shine.

I've give the bonus disc a spin this evening.

4th time I've bought these albums, I do hope Mr Page appreciates it!
    +1 Enjoying the new sound too. I'm particularly enjoying the hoth bonus disc.. great instrumental versions of some of my favourites.

"A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Warpaint. Lots of Warpaint. Really enjoying this album. But for a couple of indifferent tracks, it's great, and the Flood / Godrich production is flawless.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1247
    edited November 2014
    The Darkness - Hot Cakes

I'm loving this LP, especially the Street Spirit (Fade Out) cover and the extra tracks on the deluxe edition.

Link to my trading feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    Paul_C said:
    Fotheringay's first (and originally, only) album
    Lovely taste sir. I do like Fotheringay 2 as well, that Jerry Donahue put together a few years ago. 

For my part I've been listening to Sebastien Tellier's latest album L'Aventura which I've finally bought after having it go round and round on Spotify for ages. 

I have also listened to my copy of Scott Walker/ Sunn 0)))'s  Soused, but like all Scott Walker albums I listen to it a couple of times, let it sear itself into my brain, and don't go back to it for a long while. Very good, I'm a massive fan, but he's very, VERY heavy. 

• d8md8m Frets: 2434
    edited November 2014
    Seeing these guys tomorrow night so have had this one on a few times today!

:)

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12256

more lute, just got Bach suites for Lute and Theorbo

Ever heard a Theorbo?

• The Darkness - Hot Cakes

I'm loving this LP, especially the Street Spirit (Fade Out) cover and the extra tracks on the deluxe edition.

Me too. There's one or two iffy songs for me tho - Love is not the Answer/Forbidden Love. A fine choice. They have just finished recording the follow-up ;) 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1506
    Basically got three bands in heavy rotation currently; 

Deaf Havana (as always) - since discovering them in April, I still cannot get enough of them.
    Mallory Knox
    DON BROCO

3 british rock bands, good to support musicians closer to home. Spent the first 15 years of my music listening life mostly listening to bands from America. 

• dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Following a conversation with a mate at the weekend, I felt compelled tolisten to The Shamen this morning. Not that awful shite that they did like Ebeneezer Goode but their early stuff when they made psychedelic music with guitars and that. Like this:

and this:

• TinLipTinLip Frets: 368
    The new Weezer - The Shack!

Back to the Strat with the lightning strap.

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 4159
    I've been repeatedly watching this PJ Harvey performance from 2004 for the last few days. Man is it good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDkjRCM3gYQ
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18329
    tFB Trader
    Just discovered my 2 year old loves Dio. 

I played Holy Diver and she went nuts jumping all around the room. Now listening to Heaven and Hell with similar results. 
    1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • camfcamf Frets: 1203
    R.E.M. - Part Lies, Part Heart, Part Truth, Part Garbage 1982 - 2011.
  • Spock's Beard "Brief Nocturnes and Dreamless Sleep", which I bought yesterday because of the amount of traffic the past couple of days and my inability to multitask meant I couldn't change the CD in between the stop-starts. Consequently, I've played Foo Fighters' new album to death and I can't deal with it anymore. 

So I need something that will re-captivate on every listen! 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1542
    Beth Orton  Comfort of Strangers,
    Robben Ford/Larry Carlton Live in Tokyo. Last 2 tunes are the best
    Talk to your Daughter and Too much.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Just discovered my 2 year old loves Dio. 

I played Holy Diver and she went nuts jumping all around the room. Now listening to Heaven and Hell with similar results. 

Funnily my best mates 2yo daughter bounces around to Maiden, Priest, The Who Etc regularly.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• @Monquixote- you're doing it right!

My wee girl has three favourite songs-
    Immigrant Song by "Zep lepplin". "Ahhhaaahhhaaaa"

Blitzkrieg bop is great value for the hey. Ho. Let's go. Shout along.

Hey Jude- Beatles she likes the sing along.

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 8092
    my daughters used to rush downstairs and dance like lunatics as soon as they heard the opening bars of this:

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Blimey, I'd blanked that terriblevision song from my mind, but the still from the video looked familiar so I clicked it. That bastard song is going to be going round in my head as I try to fall asleep....Arrgghh.
  • I keep returning to ABBA, just good solid song writing. I tend to flick between early Budgie, ABBA and Ivor Cutler. The three genres sit together quite well when your knocking on in years.