Today, I have mostly been listening to ...

What's Hot

Comments

• Just put this on having not listened to it ages.

Twenty five years after its release its as stunning as ever:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4101
    Today, lots of studying and lots of listening to Zero Cult.

• Bogwhoppit;413295" said:
    I keep returning to ABBA, just good solid song writing. I tend to flick between early Budgie, ABBA and Ivor Cutler. The three genres sit together quite well when your knocking on in years.
    I used to have a book of Ivor's short stories, I thought it was totally brilliant. I must try and find a copy.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 935
    Pixies - Doolittle. An undeniable classic
  • John Mayall's Jazz/Blues Fusion (again). The more I listen to it the more I want to play this kind of stuff.

However, this album in particular because its on CD and I have working kit on which to play CDs. My copy of Moving On, an equally brilliant album, is vinyl, and ATM I don't have a working phono stage.

Freddy Robinson was a genius :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434

• Billy Bragg on R4's Mastertapes.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• Thought I should positive about a Pink Floyd song for a change. Even though they are pretentious wankers... :bz
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4101
    Hey, I like that a lot!  Nice cover.
  • Prefab Sprout - When Love Breaks Down. 

Special memories of a lovely cup of tea at the cafe at Flamborough Head back at the end of August. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thisisguitarthisisguitar Frets: 1075
    edited November 2014
    ^ Great track! Prefab Sprout have done some really top songs.
  • From a great album. Paddy McAloon is a great writer. Last Year's 'Crimson Red' is well worth a listen.
  • Mutemath - 'Armistice', in particular the opening track 'The Nerve'.

Discovered them whilst checking demos of JHS drive pedals, have since bought 2 :/

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Discovered them whilst checking demos of JHS drive pedals, have since bought 2 :/

Good band. Got one of their albums - Odd Soul. Really like that. Haven't got chance to get more just yet. Saw them live at a festival here in Aus this year (Soundwave). They put on a pretty energetic performance. Not the kind of thing I normally get into too easily actually but I just heard one of their songs being played in a record store. So had to have it!
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/

Good band. Got one of their albums - Odd Soul. Really like that. Haven't got chance to get more just yet. Saw them live at a festival here in Aus this year (Soundwave). They put on a pretty energetic performance. Not the kind of thing I normally get into too easily actually but I just heard one of their songs being played in a record store. So had to have it!

Same here really @octahedron, loving it!
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Some band called "Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster" with some guitarist named @Drew_FX

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
    edited November 2014
    Having a day of indecision to be honest. I kept getting bits of songs from David Lee Roth's "A Little Ain't Enough" so I've just finally cracked and put that on.

Cracking album. Definitely better than Hagar-era Van Halen. No contest. 

Then I picked up a EUROPE album. "Last Look at Eden" is a bit bloody good. I checked out Classic Rock's buyers guide to Europe from a couple issues back. They got that guide so fucking wrong right down to the letter. There was nothing wrong with Start From the Dark. To put it in the "avoid" category was blasphemy. Eat your writing Classic Rock!! 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    edited November 2014
    Everything But The Girl - I have a cd of mixes of the song "Missing" that I like very much, but I have to say that the original version from Amplified Heart is really gorgeous. And what a wonderful singer Tracy Thorn is - not only is her voice very beautiful, but she has such range of emotion and subtlety - one of those singers that really live every word.

• New AC/DC album. Can be heard on the iTunes Radio first play thing.

*siiiighhhh*

I think I'll just throw my copy in the recycling when it gets here. What a disappointment following on from Black Ice!!
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1506
    All of Iron Maiden's "proper" back catalogue, over the last few days. 

So; Iron Maiden to Seventh Son, then add Brave New World into that too.