Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Walking Dead Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27833
    edited October 2015
    I don't believe it - the other guy was on top and the guts were level with his shoulder so clearly not Glenn's.

I don't think they'd do it like that, given what's coming up later in the season and how that plays out in the books (no spoilers!)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16981
    I hope he is dead, I don't want TWD to shy away from killing off main characters.

That was a no win situation. Herds were the only zombie threat left.

But no doubt he will turn up at the end of an episode in a few weeks time. Then the next episode will explain how he got under the bin whilst they were eating the other guy and was rescued by another group. we will get a nice intro to the group before ending at the same cliffhanger- Glen on the doorstep ready to save Alexandria from some other threat.

Because apparently even a zombie herd isn't a threat now.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27833
    WezV said:
    I hope he is dead, I don't want TWD to shy away from killing off main characters.

That was a no win situation. Herds were the only zombie threat left.

But no doubt he will turn up at the end of an episode in a few weeks time. Then the next episode will explain how he got under the bin whilst they were eating the other guy and was rescued by another group. we will get a nice intro to the group before ending at the same cliffhanger- Glen on the doorstep ready to save Alexandria from some other threat.

Because apparently even a zombie herd isn't a threat now.
    OR... Last episode, we'll get zombie Glenn... Though they did that with Merle, so maybe they won't do that. Who knows. It's going well this season either way, so I'm happy :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Wow just seen that, hope he's dead too. Just makes it more realistic (yeah I watch it for the realism) I was a bit annoyed when they were on the container and thinking its a bit much to think he can escape this one....

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Watched the last 20mins again, I'm sure he's not dead, though we may not find out for a while.

Someone as experienced as Glenn would have taken the fire escape or the fence close to the trees to escape, but didn't, as it suited the story that we think he's dead.

Not sure how he escapes but the dumpster has to play a part as its the only thing about. The way the "death" was shown was all wrong compared to what we usually see. It was too ambiguous, and lack of blood in the mouth of Glenn.
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1492
    edited October 2015
    underdog said:
    Watched the last 20mins again, I'm sure he's not dead, though we may not find out for a while.

Someone as experienced as Glenn would have taken the fire escape or the fence close to the trees to escape, but didn't, as it suited the story that we think he's dead.

Not sure how he escapes but the dumpster has to play a part as its the only thing about. The way the "death" was shown was all wrong compared to what we usually see. It was too ambiguous, and lack of blood in the mouth of Glenn.
    Yep. The more I think about it, the more I don't think he's dead. It was too much of an "easy" death for someone that's been in the show since day one. 

An interesting scenario that my mate and me were discussing would be that everyone returns to Alexandria - shit hits the fan because so many of the "locals" didn't make it back and everyone is now convinced that Rick wants to kill everyone. 

Then they point out that they lost Glenn to prove there's no plot against the Alexandrian's...Then Glenn shows up again at some point...and all hell breaks loose. Probably nothing like what will happen... :D

I'm also semi-glad I only got as far as the end of last season with the comics. Part of me wants to be surprised with what's coming up, but the other part of me is now itching to read it! 
  • SibeliusSibelius Frets: 1401

Spoiler!

ScreenCrush.com has the truth 

I am however a fanboi of researching things before spouting shit

spoilers below possibly

Sibelius;833297" said:
    Spoiler!

Wouldn't say it's the truth, it conjecture based on facts they have available. But yes I agree :D

• SibeliusSibelius Frets: 1401
    underdog said:

spoilers below possibly

Sibelius;833297" said:
    Spoiler!

Wouldn't say it's the truth, it conjecture based on facts they have available. But yes I agree :D

True! haha
     I am however a fanboi of researching things before spouting shit
    edited October 2015
    Also a lot now being made of Rick and his hand, he cut it on the knife that was in a zombie, people are speculating it could mean it needs to be cut off to stop the infection.

That makes little sense to me as we regularly see the Hero's covered in Walker blood and not bothered at all, also we've seen scenes where the blood goes in to people's mouths with no ill effects.

I thought the basic premise of the TV show (but not comics) was that everyone was already infected, all a zombie bite does is induce death, it's death that turned you in to a walker, not the bite.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    underdog said:
    Also a lot now being made of Rick and his hand, he cut it on the knife that was in a zombie, people are speculating it could mean it needs to be cut off to stop the infection.

That makes little sense to me as we regularly see the Hero's covered in Walker blood and not bothered at all, also we've seen scenes where the blood goes in to people's mouths with no ill effects.

I thought the basic premise of the TV show (but not comics) was that everyone was already infected, all a zombie bite does is induce death, it's death that turned you in to a walker, not the bite.

People have turned after bites and not dying though, and why chop Herchules leg off?

lloyd;833393" said:
    underdog said:

People have turned after bites and not dying though, and why chop Herchules leg off?
    That was my point, we've seen limbs removed for bites, but never for just getting Walker blood on them. They must spend 50% of their lives with blood on them, we've seen them cover themselves from head to toe in zombie blood in past seasons, even people have their mouths filled with zombie blood, no one was worried. Given the lives they lead they must always have an open cut on their bodies at any given time, but now it's a concern?

Also I don't recall seeing anyone turn without dying first?
    I don't think drinking blood turns you but I think the show has given me the impressionist you get bit you turn. Not sure we've seen anyone turn before dying but chopping Herchules leg off suggests he's going to turn regardless? Also just thought of this-the guys that sasha and her brother turned up to the governors camp-their mom/wife was bit but alive and they have to get rid of her?

edited October 2015
    @lloyd but people are suggesting the point of the cut on Rick's hand is he will lose the hand as per the comics (all be it in different circumstances).

You get bit you die. They've removed limbs in the past due to bites, as the bite gives some kind of infection that causes death, then death causes you to become a zombie. It's dying that causes the zombie, hence people becoming walkers no matter how they die (apart from brain injury)

Remember season 2 "we are all already infected"

Rick hasn't been bitten, he got cut with a knife with zombie blood on it, and the show are making a deal about Rick checking it every 2 mins.
    Arguing for hyper realism in a zombie show is the road to mental ruin! Maybe the knifes got zombie spit on it? Maybe this is a new type of zombie strain that infects cuts? He's not bothered with it straight away so maybe it takes longer? If he's to lose his hand then I think the writers could justify it through this knife cut in a million different ways?

lloyd;833567" said:
    Arguing for hyper realism in a zombie show is the road to mental ruin! Maybe the knifes got zombie spit on it? Maybe this is a new type of zombie strain that infects cuts? He's not bothered with it straight away so maybe it takes longer? If he's to lose his hand then I think the writers could justify it through this knife cut in a million different ways?
    Just seems an odd thing, he could lose his hand in many ways without introducing a new "rule" that would make action scenes less of a spectacle in future. I hope its the writers trolling the comic book fans and he has a bandage on it and it heals up :D
    I'm saying it could be a new rule or a one off, it could be anything.

The fight scenes aren't altered because I don't think we've seen this situation before-we haven't seen a cut get zombie blood in it have we?

The action scenes show blood going in mouths and all over them, but never directly into cuts and then never put into the body with an item that's killed them?

I really think you're over thinking it.

• Unlikely to remove his hand due to the cost of effects it adds to all Rick scenes according to Andrew Lincoln. Anyone see the comic con series 6 trailer of Maggie looking pissed off in a sewer? Might be Glenn related
    musteatbrain;834942" said:
    Unlikely to remove his hand due to the cost of effects it adds to all Rick scenes according to Andrew Lincoln. Anyone see the comic con series 6 trailer of Maggie looking pissed off in a sewer? Might be Glenn related
    Manhole under the dumpster maybe?

• Maybe. Would be a bit contrived for my liking. I think I'd rather he didn't make it.