Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Walking Dead Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Still not watched a single episode.
    You aint missing much to be honest guv. It's been crappy since the beginning.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 993
    I'm still waiting for a season finale.

That wasn't one.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11975
    paulk said:
    I've been with it since the start, the comics also. However, after this season I'm out as it's just getting worse and worse. The comic's been on rinse and repeat for a long time now also i.m.o. so I'm done.
    and me

The garbage people were laughable - as if a whole group of people would lose speech within 10 years or less, live in a garbage dump, but have neatly tailored clothes

this has turned into a mediocre show, starting after the resolution of Terminus I think

contrast this show with Vikings, or Black Sails, which both carried on being interesting

Judging by the recent plots, they'd need to move into a city, or take a ship to another country to make Walking dead interesting - or find a lab working on antidotes, or an even worse strain where the zombies can run, or a half-zombie state. 
    Otherwise it's just the same story over and over again - but now with more and more implausible sub plots
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    ...so what's the story in comics then?
    I'm not asking about spoilers in regards to Neegan or who dies etc but where does the plot go then? Is there any angle where they're working on cure/antidote? Do they travel somewhere else? Any cities?
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    A city would be interesting but living on some massive boat would probably be a safe, and ultimately very boring to watch option. Still, at least it would be different.

Maybe by season 29....
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Next season surely we are going to start to see cooperation between communities, the building of a society and also how its policed. We may see this in flashback though of the time jump story happens.

Kill Negan and there's still a massive community left behind that needs a leader, who's to say they aren't going to be Negan MK2, this will need almost a political cooperation to make it work.
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    Theres been hints of a few years time jump like in the comics, I still have about 4 episodes of season 7 to wade through if I can be bothered.
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

Jalapeno said:
    Thought it was ok, on Talking Dead, the producer said the first 4 episodes of the next series were going to be awesome - hope that resolves the Negan/Saviours plotline - it's getting lame.  With Hilltop, Alexandria etc at war the Saviours ought to start getting hungry pretty quickly ....
    Rick turning into Neegan? 

Yeah... the plot is getting boring.
    Imho they've cast the wrong guy. Even Simon (Neegan's sidekick - the GTA character) is better for the role. Neegan is not scary, he's OTT with his acting and even XS leather jacket seems to be too big for him ;-) bit poor for such a macho leader...
    my Mrs and daughter were watching some Rom com on sunday,
    and a younger Negan turns up, with muscles, but the worst Irish accent I ever heard

I agree though, he's skinny as hell now, and it's hard to believe his cult
    The junkyard woman with the feminazi haircut is really fucking irritating
    I feel sorry for the actor, it's an embarrassing role
    28 days later was way better than this stuff
  • paulkpaulk Frets: 318
    ...so what's the story in comics then?
    I'm not asking about spoilers in regards to Neegan or who dies etc but where does the plot go then? Is there any angle where they're working on cure/antidote? Do they travel somewhere else? Any cities?
    I'm up to date on the comics but really am thinking of bailing. The plot basically goes nowhere new - rinse and repeat whilst getting more boring and the writers (in the letters/comments section) trying to convince everyone it's really wonderful with "BIG things ahead". It's gone to crap.
    Every great series has a golden period, I think TWD has started to fall away from that now. Take Breaking Bad for example, great idea, well acted and written but knew there was an end and finished it at the right time.
    When he started doing TWD comics he set out it was going to be an epic journey right from the start so it's no real surprise that it's being stretched out. It needs to work to a conclusion or it will just get cancelled with loose ends being left for the fans. 

For all the negativity surrounding this season it was still the most watched scripted program in the US. Viewing figures have fallen but they've fallen because they were huge to start with, it's got a long way to fall before thoughts of it being cancelled.
    underdog said:
    For all the negativity surrounding this season it was still the most watched scripted program in the US. Viewing figures have fallen but they've fallen because they were huge to start with, it's got a long way to fall before thoughts of it being cancelled.
    I wasn't talking about it being cancelled imminently but it is falling out of favour with a lot of fans. 

underdog said:
    I wasn't talking about it being cancelled imminently but it is falling out of favour with a lot of fans. 

I know, I was making a more general point rather than replying to your message to be honest. It's still got ratings that most other shows would dream to have, I think a slow season has caused people to watch it on catch up rather than when it's aired but it's still a ratings winner.
    underdog said:
    underdog said:

I know, I was making a more general point rather than replying to your message to be honest. It's still got ratings that most other shows would dream to have, I think a slow season has caused people to watch it on catch up rather than when it's aired but it's still a ratings winner.
    I've liked it so much, I paid to watch it (i.e. got Now TV to watch it), yet now I am walking away
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 628
    As much as I moan about it, it is still probably the best thing I watch on TV so will be gutted when it comes to an end.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2613
    tFB Trader

Its been a while...  Im up for more   :)

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16301
    Rabs said:

Its been a while...  Im up for more   :)

Dropkick Murphy's in the background? Just a guess. 

When's the 22nd month then? 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13959
    edited July 2017
    That trailer reminds of the GTA game trailers