Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Walking Dead Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9726
    Rick looks like he's aged a good few years there... intriguing.

I was channel-hopping last week and came across an episode from the first series. They all looked so fresh-faced! Rick even had a clean uniform, and Carl looked about 9 tears old.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    Rick looks like he's aged a good few years there... intriguing.

Hinting at the time skip I think
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• WezVWezV Frets: 16867
    edited July 2017
    We are all Expecting a big jump, it ain't gonna be that big.

but a few cozy flash forwards would be light relief in a difficult series, and mirrors the flash backs in earlier series in a nice way
  • Season 8 starts tonight gents!
  • frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
    edited October 2017
    I’m late to the show...am currently half way through season 5. I’m not into it as much as previous seasons but it’s still great.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12472
    I think for the first time I'm not very excited about the prospect of a new series of WD. I hope it's better than the last one, first episode excepted. 
  • Well, I thought it was OK, not a patch on ep 1 from the last season but a pretty good start.

But how come Rick can't manage to kill Negan and his cronies from a few metres away with a machine gun when they're in plain sight with zero cover? Yeah, I know it would kill off that story arc dead in it's tracks but come on?

littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 632
    What a waste of ammo, it wasn`t long ago they were trying to make 1 bullet now they are shooting windows for the fun of it.
    Well, I thought it was OK, not a patch on ep 1 from the last season but a pretty good start.

Re: your spoiler, absolutely. We were saying the same thing. 
  • redrighthandredrighthand Frets: 747
    edited October 2017
    - Spoiler Alert -

What the actual fuck was that???

The above is only one of the many questions I have. Others are:

- Where were all those people the saviours had?
    - Where were all the guns, rocket launchers, etc they'd amassed?
    - Where did Rick and co. get all those bullets - so much so they decided to shoot out the windows?
    - What was Negan doing rolling around on the ground?
    - Where did the snipers disappear to when the supper baddies were standing outside in plain view?
    - Why does Rick's aim suddenly go to shit when the big baddie is standing in front of him, despite him having a good 5 minutes to aim his fucking gun?
    - Why interrupt what could have been a no-fucking-about kick-ass battle with all that red eye / big beard shite?
    - How the fuck did the zombies get there so quick?
    - Who wrote that shite?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I feel like I just watched an episode of the A-Team, with Zombies. But nowhere near as good.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2949
    edited October 2017
    I skipped most of the last season due to it being generally quite crap.  I watched last night and did feel some genuine tension but it was largely a "i have no feking clue whats going on" type tension rather than being worried that anyone was actually going to die.   It was clear from the opening scenes that all the regulars made it through the last season and the strange flash forwards with Rick, where he seemed to have aged about 20 years but everyone around him had only aged 3-5 years either confirmed that they all made it or where some sort of Bobby in the shower moment.     

I thought using the zombies against the saviour was a good idea, but was also surprised that they simply didn't take began out with a single bullet when he was stood on the staircase.  Similarly the priest chap had  gun and could have opened fire on began in the cabin at the end.

Ill stick with it to see how the next few episodes play out but I don't think i missed much by skipping a season.

The flash forward was bizarre. Judith was only about two years older but Rick looked like an old man. Huh?  Also: worst wig ever!!  :#
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6405
    edited October 2017
    Well, I thought it was OK, not a patch on ep 1 from the last season but a pretty good start.

But how come Rick can't manage to kill Negan and his cronies from a few metres away with a machine gun when they're in plain sight with zero cover? Yeah, I know it would kill off that story arc dead in it's tracks but come on?

Yep - Just shoot him already !

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6405

Similarly the priest chap had  gun and could have opened fire on began in the cabin at the end.

I refer the Honourable Member to my previous answer ....
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Just seen the video doing the rounds showing the pilot and last night side by side, lots of almost identical shots paying homage.
  • Rumours on tinterweb that rick dies soon - i thought it had a similar feel about it to when sasha had flashbacks etc before she died/turned into a walker last season.
  • It lokked like someone had screwed up the editing, rather than created a story.
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13982
    edited October 2017
    I reckon the flash forward to older Rick is him dreaming of a future he desires not an actual flash forward. They are preceded by a close up of Rick's face looking under duress. Maybe these are shots of him at Negan's mercy and he is dreaming of what could have been just before Negan wields Lucille...?

Spoiler comment above

I'm getting a bit tired of the "move to a new place with some people following an odd leader, it all goes tits up, pack up the wagons and move on to the next", rinse, repeat.

I skipped through the slow bits of SE08E01 last night, not gripping enough to watch it all.

• Apparently this episode had a few references and scenes taken from the pilot episode to show how the characters had changed, such as the bearded rick waking up in alexandria vs when he woke up from the coma in hospital relatively young looking.