• BahHumbugBahHumbug Frets: 351
    Just tragic :(
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7922
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • Sambostar;1113491" said:
    richardhomer said:

Sambostar;1113349" said:The guy was a nut by all accounts then, but I don't think she should be martyred, which will no doubt follow in the press no doubt.   Feel terrible for her family and kids, but at the end of the day she was in the wrong place at the wrong time.  Ordinary women with a family.  What a wanker. She isn't a martyr though and it's no more shocking than any other women getting stabbed and shot at the end of the day.  She was just a bloody civil servant.  Just sad.  Hope it doesn't drag on in the press.  Wait for the sycophantic speeches to come though.  Puke.

You're truly one of the most sensitive men in the world, aren't you?

When I say 'sensitive' - perhaps I meant 'pissed'....

No, actually what fucks me right off is the fact everyone is harping on about her because she was an MP.  It's tragic, but she's just as human as the rest of us and a civil servant at the end of the day.  I don't see what your problem is.  She will be made into a martyr in the press.  I didn't know her, I don't care, I'm just being honest.
    "I didn't know her, I don't care."

This is everything that's wrong with this fucking country right now, the death of society. Everything she did in her life was absolutely motivated by love, her work as head of policy at Oxfam and with NGOs helping child victims of wars in Syria and around the world. She could've said "I don't know them, I don't care" and got a ridiculously well-paid job elsewhere, but she didn't. All she did was try and do her job, and she was murdered by someone motivated by hate. This is the lowest political point I can remember, I hate this divisive bigoted fucking referendum and I hate what this country has become. A cesspool of small-minded hate.

"Harping on about her." Jesus, listen to yourself.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 26reaction image Wisdom
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1644
    Sambostar;1113491" said:
    richardhomer said:

Sambostar;1113349" said:The guy was a nut by all accounts then, but I don't think she should be martyred, which will no doubt follow in the press no doubt.   Feel terrible for her family and kids, but at the end of the day she was in the wrong place at the wrong time.  Ordinary women with a family.  What a wanker. She isn't a martyr though and it's no more shocking than any other women getting stabbed and shot at the end of the day.  She was just a bloody civil servant.  Just sad.  Hope it doesn't drag on in the press.  Wait for the sycophantic speeches to come though.  Puke.

You're truly one of the most sensitive men in the world, aren't you?

When I say 'sensitive' - perhaps I meant 'pissed'....

No, actually what fucks me right off is the fact everyone is harping on about her because she was an MP.  It's tragic, but she's just as human as the rest of us and a civil servant at the end of the day.  I don't see what your problem is.  She will be made into a martyr in the press.  I didn't know her, I don't care, I'm just being honest.
    She was a friend of my family. My family spent a lot of time with her and her family.

Now I get that you are a working class hero and hate the fact that somebody's job does elevate them in the press. But frankly, you are coming across as a bit of an Arse hole.

She was just a civil servant? What a statement.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
    still coming across as an Arse hole
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • @Sambostar "What you got to be angry about mate?"

Cretins like you, mainly.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33984

Sambostar said:
    Come on, we have an almost instinctual rate of politically motivated homicide, and a non existent rate of political assassination. Jesus.

Society is about helping people, not judging and keeping an open mind day to day and helping your fellow man/woman day to day. Sorry but anything other than that is above me.  I live in the small world around me.

Inflammatory internet and people addicted to news feeds is all that is wrong with this country if you ask me.

I didn't know her, I don't care.

Mingey bugger sound angry. What you got to be angry about mate?
    For fuck's sake Samwise- wind your neck in.

@Sambostar, your view point is ignorant and insensitive to a point of stupidity.

You feel that the press and the public in general being outraged by this type of violence is over the top. It's not, it's justified.

You feel that Jo should not be celebrated in death? Why, she was popular in her constituency and worked bloody hard to improve the lives of many. This is not about making her a martyr, this is fact. Jo made a difference in people's lives and if upsets you and makes you "puke" then you are a sad man.

As is the way with the Internet and forums things get said by some to be inflammatory but do you really need to be the guy that does this at this point.

Some people do know her and some do care and you are goin out of your way to be direspectful and insensitive.

Very poor.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • @Sambostar "Hey I'm just being honest" is not a defence for stupidity.

And actually yes, reading moronic arse-gravy masquerading as "honest" comment such as yours makes me wish that SOME people didn't have a smartphones.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24866
    Sambostar;1113558" said:
    I didn't know her, I don't care.
    None of us knew her - but she seems to be someone who did care and was interested in trying to help people. Had she not been a politician, she would doubtless still be here....

That her husband has been widowed and her children been orphaned makes it worse.

Most of us need not know someone personally to have empathy - it's hard-wired into most people....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33984
    I call Godwin's.
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    I don't care about the fact she was an MP.

Any senseless death like that is a tragedy. Why the hell hasn't humanity progressed to the point where we all realise that? This is the only life we have. To ruin/take someone elses life over anything is just inexcusable.
    @richardhomer well said, but some of us did know her. Admittedly I didn't know her well, my wife did as did other members of my family and friends. We are all from the same town.

I don't know @Sambostar but I can only guess that it's a deliberate attempt at trying to be shocking. Much like a teenager would do.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • quarky said:
    I don't care about the fact she was an MP.

Any senseless death like that is a tragedy. Why the hell hasn't humanity progressed to the point where we all realise that? This is the only life we have. To ruin/take someone elses life over anything is just inexcusable.
    I usually disagree with most of your posts (differing ideas and such), but that is exactly right.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    I just had to look that up. How you do stay so with it?    I've no idea what's going on and only got my first S4 smartphone and I still don't understand it.  The world is getting crazy at a crazy rate.  I can't keep up anymore.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    edited June 2016
    Deleted by mod
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13049
    Imagine being so pathetic that the only way you can get your kicks is by posting "edgy" comments about a murdered woman. "Look at me! Look at me! Look at me!"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24866
    Sambostar;1113620" said:
    I just had to look that up. How you do stay so with it?    I've no idea what's going on and only got my first S4 smartphone and I still don't understand it.  The world is getting crazy at a crazy rate.  I can't keep up anymore.
    I wouldn't bother if I were you. Turn it off and go to bed - you're really not winning any friends tonight....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2016
    Deleted by mod
This discussion has been closed.