so ....... are we leaving or not????

What's Hot

Comments

• exocetexocet Frets: 1988
    Dublin looks like it's going to benefit a lot from all of this. I work in a company that does a fair amount of business with large city law firms. There are a few in the Top 20 who are busy negotiating to be licensed under the Irish legal system.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    edited June 2016
    Sporky said:
    Clarky said:
    Sporky said:
    We're going to need a bigger ballot paper. Some people might have wanted to stick it to the EU but not to the Tories, some to the Tories but not the EU, some both...

Maybe we should vote via the medium of interpretive dance.
    so maybe we could have a ballot matrix to cover off all permutations of staying, leaving and to which particular governing body you wish to stick it to..

then maybe 11% of the electorate could win this by a comfortable margin
    I'd feel compelled to fill in the matrix in such a manner that it either reveals a picture of a kitten, or a QR code that resolves to guyfawkeshaditright.org.uk 
    undeniable logic
    time to start the campaign: Sporky for president of the People's Largely Democratic Republic of Englishland
    play every note as if it were your first
    capo4th said:
    Some of the Morons would still not understand the question
    We could include are you a man or woman, that might get a decisive tick........err come to think about it....
    it'll get spoilt.. lol..
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33989
    edited June 2016
    Clarky said:
    Sporky said:
    Clarky said:
    Sporky said:
    We're going to need a bigger ballot paper. Some people might have wanted to stick it to the EU but not to the Tories, some to the Tories but not the EU, some both...

so maybe we could have a ballot matrix to cover off all permutations of staying, leaving and to which particular governing body you wish to stick it to..

I'd feel compelled to fill in the matrix in such a manner that it either reveals a picture of a kitten, or a QR code that resolves to guyfawkeshaditright.org.uk 
    undeniable logic
    time to start the campaign: Sporky for president of the People's Largely Democratic Republic of Englishland
    You sure?
    He'd make Morris Dancing compulsory daily exercise for everyone under 65.

What would his party be called? 
    "Fewer, not less" comes to mind.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    octatonic said:
    Clarky said:
    Sporky said:
    Clarky said:
    Sporky said:

undeniable logic
    You sure?

that's where the "Largely Democratic" part comes into play
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    Fretwired said:
    The pound and markets will plunge tomorrow.

I am not getting that bit.
    Why?

I thought the calming was down to the fairly obvious direction of travel (not leaving/Norway Plus)

• SporkySporky Frets: 29194
    octatonic said:

You sure?

I like the name. Not sure about the dancing.

Maybe "One man, one vole". And I'll be the man with the vole.

It'll be democratic in that anyone will be allowed to pipe up with a suggestion. Depending on how many there are I may read them all, or I may read a random selection via tombola. I will then enact the ones I like.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    The name is very you, Sporkster. :)
    edited June 2016
    Sporky said:
    octatonic said:

You sure?

Maybe "One man, one vole". And I'll be the man with the vole.
    in that case: The People's Just a Bit Democratic Republic of Englishland
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Skipped said:
    Fretwired said:
    The pound and markets will plunge tomorrow.

I am not getting that bit.
    Why?

I thought the calming was down to the fairly obvious direction of travel (not leaving/Norway Plus)
    Pressure being applied by the EU .. Dave was there today .. Merkel's told us to fuck off, Junker's going to split the UK, Sturgeon's off to the EU on Friday to talk about a deal with the EU .. France has told us to whistle for a deal and said we should be thrown out.

After FUD comes FUD 2 the bigger better threat to your prosperity .. then along comes May and decides we're better off Remaining. The EU chucks a bone and like an obedient dog we wag our tails and come to heel.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    If he throws in zero tax on beer, wines and spririts, he's got my vote. Oh and petrol.

• hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    ... This is hard, but I'm doing it in those places where I've discussed my position and reasons for voting out.

I was wrong to vote Leave. I still don't want to be so closely integrated that I lose my Britishness, which was my main reason for voting as I did, but on reflection I was wrong to chuck the baby out with the bathwater.

There are lots of people who feel like I do right now. I'm about to take an closer interest in politics, and see if there's some way to get out of this mess that I helped create.

This is hard for me to come to terms with, and not a little humiliating. 

Back on topic, I'm really starting to feel like Article 50 won't be triggered. I don't see anyone having the appetite to actually go through with it, and if there's a General Election called before hand I think whoever campaigns best on a Remain platform will win.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 12reaction image Wisdom
    hobbio said:
    ... This is hard, but I'm doing it in those places where I've discussed my position and reasons for voting out.

I was wrong to vote Leave. I still don't want to be so closely integrated that I lose my Britishness, which was my main reason for voting as I did, but on reflection I was wrong to chuck the baby out with the bathwater.

There are lots of people who feel like I do right now. I'm about to take an closer interest in politics, and see if there's some way to get out of this mess that I helped create.

Back on topic, I'm really starting to feel like Article 50 won't be triggered. I don't see anyone having the appetite to actually go through with it, and if there's a General Election called before hand I think whoever campaigns best on a Remain platform will win.
    I admire you for having to courage to admit it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1340
    octatonic said:
    hobbio said:

I admire you for having to courage to admit it.
    Same here.
    For those that wish to put pressure on their MP to vote it down you can do it fairly easily here:

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27093
    @hobbio - I'm impressed. This isn't exactly the easiest environment to admit that in, so well done.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Yeah, well, gotta grasp the nettle. Anyway, I used and shared the breentry website on FB along with the post above. I'm expecting some shit in 5...4...3...2...1...I'm off to check FaceBook! 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10417
    That pretty much sums up my feelings @hobbio.I feel a bit of a twat at the minute.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Mate, it's horrible. Still, it's far from over.

• DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    octatonic;1130429" said:
    For those that wish to put pressure on their MP to vote it down you can do it fairly easily here:

http://breentry.co.uk
    Thanks for the link.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom