The Theresa May General Election thread (edited)

What's Hot

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602

The BBC/ITV/Sky exit poll will need to be really very wrong for it to be a small Labour majority..like 60+ labour seats wrong...
    Yes - my poor typing. The expectation is that Labour can form a government with backing from the other left leaning parties. There's no way the SNP, Lib Dems, Greens will support the Tories.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24584
    Fretwired said:

The BBC/ITV/Sky exit poll will need to be really very wrong for it to be a small Labour majority..like 60+ labour seats wrong...
    Yes - my poor typing. The expectation is that Labour can form a government with backing from the other left leaning parties. There's no way the SNP, Lib Dems, Greens will support the Tories.
    Which is a tricky marriage of inconvenience. Labour MPs that don't want Scottish independence, Lib Dem MPs that don't want Labour style Brexit.. ooof. 

I actually think this might be a minority government and we will be back at the ballot box in September.
    Fretwired said:

Which is a tricky marriage of inconvenience. Labour MPs that don't want Scottish independence, Lib Dem MPs that don't want Labour style Brexit.. ooof. 

I actually think this might be a minority government and we will be back at the ballot box in September.
    Labour and the SNP will work together.

I've been told Rudd's lost her seat. Obviously the votes have to be counted but the exit polls have seen an 11 point move to Labour. As I said their vote is surging.

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12248
    there will be another bloody election in 2 or 3 months
    I assume the pound is on its way down, will just check...
    Fretwired said:
    Fretwired said:

I've been told Rudd's lost her seat. Obviously the votes have to be counted but the exit polls have seen an 11 point move to Labour. As I said their vote is surging.
    I can see a lot of pissed off people, including labour voters if they do a deal with the SNP - just wait for all the "Scottish nationalists meddling in English politics" calls... very unpredictable.
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10884
    Angela Merkel's just seen the exit polls.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2017
    Fretwired said:
    Fretwired said:

I can see a lot of pissed off people, including labour voters if they do a deal with the SNP - just wait for all the "Scottish nationalists meddling in English politics" calls... very unpredictable.
    They will back Labour policies - the Tories will go into meltdown. Corbyn looks like he'll be the next PM.

The SNP and Lib Dems don't have to be in coalition with Labour.

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12248
    if the projections are correct, the only possible govt is condem, which Farron said he wouldn't do

SNP & Libs are anti-brexit, so how can they support a Labour Brexit?

What a screw up by the tories
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    if the projections are correct, the only possible govt is condem, which Farron said he wouldn't do

and now…. we are fkd
    play every note as if it were your first
    @Fretwired - at what cost? Backing labour policies will enable them to push their own agenda. Independence in the best possible financial terms for Scotland - English people will be pissed off, rightly or wrongly. 

And so Scotland votes out, and Jeremy loses his lead and we get another election...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Easy - Corbyn's lukewarm. Corbyn could abandon Brexit.

• Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3526
    22 fewer SNP? I find that a tad surprising. Big moves in Scotland if so, but to Lab or Tory? Certainly would be a blow for indyref2 proponents. Salmond and Robertson being mentioned as under threat. Could be interesting. 
    Fretwired said:

Ah, ok.

I predict a riot. Seriously.
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    edited June 2017
    I think we're heading for a minority government, which is exactly what we need now. They can lose that arrogant nastiness and start actually asking people to back them, and answer a fucking question occasionally

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    @Fretwired - at what cost? Backing labour policies will enable them to push their own agenda. Independence in the best possible financial terms for Scotland - English people will be pissed off, rightly or wrongly. 

And so Scotland votes out, and Jeremy loses his lead and we get another election...
    Sturgeon will lose seats. The Scots don't want independence. However, they'd probably back stopping Brexit.

They can lose that arrogant nastiness and start actually asking people to back them, and answer a fucking question occasionally
    What's the weather like in la la land? ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Fretwired said:

Ah, ok.

From who?

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34308
    This whole thing was caused by Cameron giving an in/out referendum in order to avoid a surge by UKIP.
    Party before country.
    What a cunt.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    They can lose that arrogant nastiness and start actually asking people to back them, and answer a fucking question occasionally
    What's the weather like in la la land? ;)
    I know, but it's what they'd have to do to continue to govern. They're not going to get a coalition partner. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    Fretwired said:
    Fretwired said:

Ah, ok.

From who?
    Anyone who fancies a fight and a riot on the ticket of "the people have spoken and you are ignoring our referendum result"