The Theresa May General Election thread (edited)

What's Hot

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34308
    edited June 2017
    You're one of these people who seldom replies in the singular, as observed by you saying "We all know where you stand". Generally it's a position of weakness, one where you have to create this impression of strength in numbers to back up your assertion. 

Once again, by using "whatever gets you off in the morning", there's some cheap sexual innuendo, something that has been observed in you before. 

If you actually knew me, you'd know that this is the first time I've ever voted Labour in a General Election. What's more, having grown up in a hugely Conservative shire, I have voted Conservative in the past and feel no shame for having done so. 

First time voting Labour for me too in this election.
    I left the Liberal Democrats, as in I was a party member, and voted Labour this time.
    Ultimately I am persuaded by someone who I believe to be genuine and truthful and someone who acts with integrity.
    May failed in this regard- she seemed to put party before country (and she was rightly punished for it).
    Corbyn passed.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Fretwired said:
    More bad news for May - Ruth Davidson is splitting from the Conservative Party and forming a Scottish Conservative Party. She's not supporting May on Brexit as she doesn't want a hard Brexit and wants access to the single market. She's reflecting the views of people in Scotland.

The game must be up for May.
    Where did you see this?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 23145
    capo4th said:
    I have no wish to argue with you on your posting history. You have quoted me in a number of posts and responded to numerous posts. Crack on!
    I quote a lot of people. Nobody is quite as insubstantial as you. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    octatonic said:
    Fretwired said:
    More bad news for May - Ruth Davidson is splitting from the Conservative Party and forming a Scottish Conservative Party. She's not supporting May on Brexit as she doesn't want a hard Brexit and wants access to the single market. She's reflecting the views of people in Scotland.

The game must be up for May.
    Where did you see this?
    Telegraph ..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/09/ruth-davidson-planning-scottish-tory-breakaway-challenges-theresa/

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74393
    The last labour government wasn't exactly squeaky clean, and one particular PM did start an illegal war and should be in jail for being a liar and abusing his power for his own gain. Perhaps some Tories are finding it difficult to forget that.
    Can't disagree with that. But it's important to remember that Corbyn stands against that and always has - even at the time - which is one of the main reasons he is so unpopular among the Blairites who still make up the bulk of the MPs. He's suggested that Blair could be sent to face war crimes charges if he became PM.

'New Labour' was not really Labour - they adopted a lot of Tory policy, Thatcher was Blair's political idol, and by almost any definition the party was to the right of centre economically as well as being authoritarian. Blair thought that in order to win power Labour had to do this, and the proof was that he won in '97 - but he was wrong, people were so sick of the Tories by then that they'd have voted for almost anything else.

Corbyn has now proved that a real, moderately left-wing Labour Party can win. If only his own parliamentary party had believed it and got properly behind him rather than hoping he'd lose so they could ditch him, maybe he would have...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Davidson is looking to take on the SNP in the Scottish parliament elections so she has to distance herself from Westminster and the Tories hard Brexit.

• capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Not sure why I have been labelled a "forum troll" by octatronic for voicing my opinion on the Conservative party on a thread about the general election. Why does that make me a troll? 

The thread needed a conservative voice voice and someone to highlight the inadequacy of the Labour front bench and its Leader.

If Octatonic feels that I am a troll why wasn't I reported for such actions to the mods. 

You need to to lighten up. You backed the wrong horse. 
    capo4th said:
    Not sure why I have been labelled a "forum troll" by octatronic for voicing my opinion on the Conservative party on a thread about the general election. Why does that make me a troll? 

The thread needed a conservative voice voice and someone to highlight the inadequacy of the Labour front bench and its Leader.

If Octatonic feels that I am a troll why wasn't I reported for such actions to the mods. 

May had two advisers who thought US style attack politics (play the man not the ball) was a great strategy - it wasn't. Attacking Corbyn was tiresome. There were no fresh policies, no inspiring vision of where the UK might be post Brexit and more austerity, cuts and belt tightening. Corbyn's manifesto didn't add up but at least it contained some decent policy aspirations and vision for a better Britain. I'll stick my neck out and say that if Labour were led by a more popular leader they'd have wiped the Tories out.

May did more U-turns that a joyrider, made thee campaign all about her (very presidential) but then failed to turn up to debates. If a campaign is all about you then you need to turn up.

The Tories were a shambles.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    capo4th said:
    I have no wish to argue with you on your posting history. You have quoted me in a number of posts and responded to numerous posts. Crack on!
    I quote a lot of people. Nobody is quite as insubstantial as you. 
    Thanks man I appreciate the endorsement! Will raise a glass to you later.
    octatonic said:
    You're one of these people who seldom replies in the singular, as observed by you saying "We all know where you stand". Generally it's a position of weakness, one where you have to create this impression of strength in numbers to back up your assertion. 

Once again, by using "whatever gets you off in the morning", there's some cheap sexual innuendo, something that has been observed in you before. 

If you actually knew me, you'd know that this is the first time I've ever voted Labour in a General Election. What's more, having grown up in a hugely Conservative shire, I have voted Conservative in the past and feel no shame for having done so. 

First time voting Labour for me too in this election.
    I left the Liberal Democrats, as in I was a party member, and voted Labour this time.
    Ultimately I am persuaded by someone who I believe to be genuine and truthful and someone who acts with integrity.
    May failed in this regard- she seemed to put party before country (and she was rightly punished for it.
    Corbyn passed.

Great ! I was a Liberal democrat voter in 2010 I liked their policies.

Tory man maintained his seat same in 2015 same in 2017
    Fretwired said:
    capo4th said:

May had two advisers who thought US style attack politics (play the man not the ball) was a great strategy - it wasn't. Attacking Corbyn was tiresome. There were no fresh policies, no inspiring vision of where the UK might be post Brexit and more austerity, cuts and belt tightening. Corbyn's manifesto didn't add up but at least it contained some decent policy aspirations and vision for a better Britain. I'll stick my neck out and say that if Labour were led by a more popular leader they'd have wiped the Tories out.

May did more U-turns that a joyrider, made thee campaign all about her (very presidential) but then failed to turn up to debates. If a campaign is all about you then you need to turn up.

The Tories were a shambles.
    Your probably right there 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2017
    capo4th said:

It isn't about backing a horse.
    It is about voting for the person you believe in.
    I did that and enough people did it to give May a proverbial bloody nose.
    Job done.

Reporting you?
    Not everyone runs to mummy, you know.

Lighten up? I couldn't be any lighter or indeed any more up.

You think you speak for the Conservatives?
    You didn't do it to provide balance- you did it because you thought you were going to win with an increased majority, so you gloated and carped on about it for days.
    You did it for pride and you were, and continue to be, spanked hard for it.
    Take it, bitch.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
    capo4th said:
    Reign it in pal go and find my post at no point did I say I had "loads" of PMs.

Stop spouting from your rectum. Labour lost the election Jeremy is not PM don't be angry.

The Conservative party got the most votes ever people wanted Theresa May to be PM.

The point I was making was that many people will not admit to being a Tory supporter and supporting the Conservatives where as Labour will sing it from the roof tops.
    This forum is predominantly Labour supporters. I enjoyed backing the Tory cause. There were very few people publicly supporting a Tory government on this forum. It's full of musicians and to be expected.

You have clearly been wound up by my support for a Tory government.
    Get over it Corbyn failed. I hope he stays on as Labour Leader. He is unelectable as PM.

Life goes on I am going to cut the grass load the fridges and have a BBQ to celebrate a Tory win.
    Let's go through this sentence by sentence. 

1. The only way you'd know if there were "loads of secret Tory voters" as you said was if they'd PM'd you. 

2. "Most votes ever" - They scored 13,667,213 votes on Thursday. Thatcher in 1979 had 13,697,923. 

3. Plenty of areas where being a Conservative supporter is open. I grew up in one. 

4. No it isn't. It's generally very mixed but the myopic nature of your analysis wouldn't see that. 

5. I doubt he has been wound up. 

6. As is your right. Enjoy. 

Thanks for posting at me again I appreciate your knowledge.

Being a conservative supporter on here was not open and / or tolerated.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    capo4th said:
    capo4th said:

Stop spouting from your rectum. Labour lost the election Jeremy is not PM don't be angry.

The Conservative party got the most votes ever people wanted Theresa May to be PM.

The point I was making was that many people will not admit to being a Tory supporter and supporting the Conservatives where as Labour will sing it from the roof tops.
    This forum is predominantly Labour supporters. I enjoyed backing the Tory cause. There were very few people publicly supporting a Tory government on this forum. It's full of musicians and to be expected.

Get over it Corbyn failed. I hope he stays on as Labour Leader. He is unelectable as PM.

Life goes on I am going to cut the grass load the fridges and have a BBQ to celebrate a Tory win.

1. The only way you'd know if there were "loads of secret Tory voters" as you said was if they'd PM'd you. 

2. "Most votes ever" - They scored 13,667,213 votes on Thursday. Thatcher in 1979 had 13,697,923. 

3. Plenty of areas where being a Conservative supporter is open. I grew up in one. 

4. No it isn't. It's generally very mixed but the myopic nature of your analysis wouldn't see that. 

Of course it is.
    You're entitled to post your views.
    We are entitled to respond to them.
    We are entitled to post our views.
    You're entitled to respond to them.

That is how this works.

You aren't thinking about flouncing now, are you?
    That would be a shame.
    octatonic said:
    capo4th said:

It isn't about backing a horse.
    It is about voting for the person you believe in.
    I did that and enough people did it to give May a proverbial bloody nose.
    Job done.

Reporting you?
    Not everyone runs to mummy, you know.

Lighten up? I couldn't be any lighter or indeed any more up.

You think you speak for the Conservatives?
    You didn't do it to provide balance- you did it because you thought you were going to win with an increased majority, so you gloated and carped on about it for days.
    You did it for pride and you were and continue to be spanked hard for it.
    Take it, bitch. :)

I don't recall gloating but hey if you want to spank me hard for a few days I can take it.
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6374
    capo4th said:

capo4th said:
    poor you
    my heart bleeds for you
    try living on minimum wage
    Been there done that also claimed benefits for a while back in the early 90s, thanks for your concern btw
    i've been there too
    slept on the streets for a while too
    why are you supporting a party that has no empathy or compassion for the least well off
    the tories are ruthless in the way they take from the poor and give to the weathy
    Sorry to hear that I hope things are back on track for you. I think you will find there are systems in place for the least well off. The Torys don't give me anything I work hard for it. I am not wealthy.
    What a crock! You send your kids to a private school and you bleet on here about having to pay levels of tax that are considerably more than most people earn as a main income. By anyone's measure you are wealthy, the fact that you think you're not shows just how deluded you are. Your posting on here indicates a level of arrogance and selfishness that is remarkable. I certainly dont believe you have the slightest concept of how real poverty effects people, its just 'me me me'.

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom
    octatonic said:
    capo4th said:
    capo4th said:

Of course it is.
    You're entitled to post your views.
    We are entitled to respond to them.
    We are entitled to post our views.
    You're entitled to respond to them.

That is how this works.

You aren't thinking about flouncing now, are you?
    That would be a shame.
    Never ! 
    And more trouble for May. Ruth Davidson doesn't want a coalition with the DUP ... you have thought May would have seen this coming. She's given some guarantees .. shambles.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    equalsql said:
    capo4th said:

capo4th said:
    poor you
    my heart bleeds for you
    try living on minimum wage
    Been there done that also claimed benefits for a while back in the early 90s, thanks for your concern btw
    i've been there too
    slept on the streets for a while too
    why are you supporting a party that has no empathy or compassion for the least well off
    the tories are ruthless in the way they take from the poor and give to the weathy
    Sorry to hear that I hope things are back on track for you. I think you will find there are systems in place for the least well off. The Torys don't give me anything I work hard for it. I am not wealthy.
    What a crock! You send your kids to a private school and you bleet on here about having to pay levels of tax that are considerably more than most people earn as a main income. By anyone's measure you are wealthy, the fact that you think you're not shows just how deluded you are. Your posting on here indicates a level of arrogance and selfishness that is remarkable. I certainly dont believe you have the slightest concept of how real poverty effects people, its just 'me me me'.

What's your point?    

I own a house with a large mortgage does that make me wealthy?
    I don't have huge savings accounts or large investments.
    I pay my bills and choose to send my son to a good school which clears out most of my income.
    I contribute to numerous charities and give back to my local community and understand what it is to be poor having been there.

I did consider Labours planned tax increases to be unfair. They would have had a big impact on my family which is why I voted Conservative.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Fretwired said:
    And more trouble for May. Ruth Davidson doesn't want a coalition with the DUP ... you have thought May would have seen this coming. She's given some guarantees .. shambles.
    The country is fucked ! Massive knock on effects