Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6981
    edited May 22
    Just added the Argonaut, and the Mosky Transparent drive is a revelation for £35!

My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ElectricXIIElectricXII Frets: 1194
    soma1975 said:
    Just added the Argonaut, and the Mosky Transparent drive is a revelation for £35!

I love that Fuzz Face!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1075
    soma1975 said:

Cool board! I keep dreaming of replacing my supra-vibe with something smaller, but it's just so good. I love it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 854
    soma1975 said:

Looking forward to hearing this board on Saturday at the Weybridge gear fest. Fuzz Face for the win. 
    soma1975 said:

Cool board! I keep dreaming of replacing my supra-vibe with something smaller, but it's just so good. I love it.
    I did that and for the same reasons. Genuinely nothing smaller than that sounded even 50% as good so I'm back with this 2nd one, which to my mind sounds better than my first one. Pain in the arse because otherwise I could fit like 3 pedals there but it just has it.  

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PetepassionPetepassion Frets: 961
    Is it another Jimi C?
    ‘It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society’
    yup. BC183l again

• PetepassionPetepassion Frets: 961
    Ah, fantastic pedal, sold mine...damn fool :)
    ‘It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society’
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RevolutionsRevolutions Frets: 318
    My little gigging board has slowly morphed into a pretty phenomenal set of sounds.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • matt_seftonmatt_sefton Frets: 834
    My little gigging board has slowly morphed into a pretty phenomenal set of sounds.

One of them being “woof” :-)
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7866

New DD-200 & a GTO to replace an ODR-1.

The GTO has a similar compressed smooth tone but is better for leads actually as it has a midrange that is hotter and higher up. 

Then the super badass definitely does rhythm better than an odr-1 as it has more bite and attack. 

Lets see how they fare as the DIY odr-1 has been in the board for 6 years and seen off a lot of other drives.

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22497
    edited June 3
    Many years ago, I dabbled with rack gear. I loved it. Rack gear is inherently cooler than pedals. A mini fridge on wheels with blinking lights clearly whips the posterior of a welded aluminium frame covered in Velcro. My setup is in major transition this year. Right now it doesn't know what it wants to be called so asks that people refer to it as 'they'. So here is they, my current setup and it's rack based...

The rack in question came from Home Bargains. LED lights are a consideration. Pepsi Max is the king of fizzy beverages and I will not trade for Coke. The fabulous Uncle Psychosis built the orange DF-2 clone and I love it to bits. A Mooer Yellow compressor is coming in this week. The Axe One interface arrived last week. I have the Axe Solo and Buffer Boost units and love them but can't access them right now so the Axe One has come in and it really has delivered. The various DI options are as good as the other units and the interface is running perfectly well at 64 samples so latency is not an issue.

The Axe One comes with Tonex SE. After reading so much about Tonex and Tonex One, it seemed silly not to try Tonex SE. The short review: the user interface is a disaster but bloody hell does this thing sound good. I'm using the stock amps, haven't downloaded anything, and I'm pretty sure I'll pick up one of the Amalgam capture packs. After owning various Helix units, Axe FX Ultra, AFX2, FM3, and a load of plugins, Tonex sounds superb and is piss easy to set up. Right now I'm using Tonex SE for amps (no cab) and taking that output into Helix Native for effects, reverbs, and cabinets. I do have Amplitube 5 available but the interface for that is shite and setting things up to play in stereo is so much easier in Native. Output from the interface go to either Adam F5 or Kali IN-5 monitors. 

So what's the end plan? A hybrid setup. A few pedals going into an audio interface. Tonex SE as the amp, Helix Native and other plugins for effects, Helix for cabs. Throw in a Morningstar MC6 Pro and I'm done. If I wanted to take everything out of the software realm, then a Tonex One and HX Stomp would do me. 

2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DoctorXDoctorX Frets: 393

Just need to make a couple of TRS cables for the favourite switch and the vibe expression and it’ll be done (for a while at least)
    0reaction image LOL 12reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2341
    DoctorX said:

Just need to make a couple of TRS cables for the favourite switch and the vibe expression and it’ll be done (for a while at least)
    Jaw > floor
  • FezFez Frets: 538
    DoctorX said:

Oh my! I think I need a lie down.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22497
    Doctor X has already PM'd me asking if I fancy a straight trade: his board for my drying rack of wonder. 

What do you think, forum? Am I being a mug here? 

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9674
    @DoctorX wow mate, have a full respect from me for that board !

Thay new Thorpy looks kin incredible !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3068

Thay new Thorpy looks kin incredible !!
    https://foxroxelectronics.com/captaincoconut2.html ???

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3068
    ThorpyFX said:

Very excited to see these finally out there, and to those clever sods who guessed where i would go with this, kudos to you... i had to restrain myself from revealing you were correct. This is my take on a modern day Capt Coconut MKII.

Ha ha! I swear I hadn't seen the other thread before now! :lol:
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2249
    Haven’t posted my bunch for a while. 

Just picked up the warm drive for £79 in the guitar guitar deal this week

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom