'Ere - have you seen the weather forecast ?!

What's Hot

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72939
    We've got about 6-7 inches here now and it is becoming a bit of a real problem. Roads south of here are impassable in a lot of places. MrsICBM got sent home early from work in Edinburgh - three hours on a bus to do a normally 40-minute journey, then a mile to walk from the other side of the village because the right bus route is stopped altogether - too steep a hill for them to get up apparently. She just came in looking like Captain Scott... luckily she'd taken proper boots with her this morning.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • A bit of snow in Leicester City today but nothing to moan about and certainly nowhere near as bad as some of you peeps.. its quite cold though and not looking forward to hopping on the motorbike 7am tomorrow.
  • Nice and Sunny in Dorset again.  Still no snow.  

• "watching Kilburn turn into a grimy and shit version of Narnia"  
    @Bucket ; Gave you a LOL for that piece of poetry. Perfect!
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    "watching Kilburn turn into a grimy and shit version of Narnia"  
    @Bucket ; Gave you a LOL for that piece of poetry. Perfect!
    It is less poetic than unnervingly accurate.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24613
    Nice and Sunny in Dorset again.  Still no snow.  
    You wait my friend....  we in the SW are going to be like the base camp of Everest this time tomorrow.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Just found out that on top of having no heating that the water is off as well.  We're not on mains water (there's a spring that feeds into a reservoir in the field behind the house) so I'll have to go and check the pipes and the pumps tomorrow.
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Emp_Fab said:
    Nice and Sunny in Dorset again.  Still no snow.  
    You wait my friend....  we in the SW are going to be like the base camp of Everest this time tomorrow.
    IF anything like the rest of the UK, then you'll get an inch of snow and everyone will lose their minds... cluctch and accelerator usage becomes binary on/off, and evryone wonders why shorts and t-shirts make them feel cold... the whole region will grind to a halt while you stare at hardly any snow
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24613
    edited February 2018
    Well, I called in ASDA this evening...  No potatoes, no milk, no bread, no flour, very few eggs.  The shelves resembled a 1980's Romanian State Supermarket.

We have rain forecast for the weekend.  What the fuck is wrong with people ?  We will get snow, maybe lots, for 36h tops before it's all gone again.  People are panic-buying as if the next ice-age is starting.  Events like this just serve to reinforce my long-held belief that the majority of people are thick-as-pigshit arseholes.  If the apockylipse was really underway, we'd be trampled to death by herds of retards buying spoons, lottery tickets and eyelash-curlers.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12028
    My flight has been cancelled with 42 hrs to go ! This country is lame when it comes to weather.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Pretty shitty down here in London but business as usual for most places. Had a walk earlier and its not as bad as it looks from inside. Apparently the worst of it is yet to come.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5199
    Oh Fek.... looks like Thursday is gonna be bad on Dartmoor.... It’s been fine so far but the forecast ain’t looking good...-12 in the wind chill..
    Snow socks on standby  :s
  • Should be ok to get to work tomorrow, but may not be able to get back.  May decide to work from home to be safe.

• ewalewal Frets: 2633
    Well we managed to fly out of Edinburgh this morning to Malaga. Only problem was the pilot had to have 2 go's at landing because wind was so bad. This meant we missed our train to Seville. Had to pay another £120 to get tickets for the next one. I'm now in  mild and wet Andalusia feeling jealous because we're missing out on the proper winter weather at home.
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    We've got light snow here at the moment, whipped up by a breeze, settling because it's well below zero still. Nothing of note though, looks more like polystyrene bits at the moment. My daughter's school closes at 1:30 today, which is a moot point now because she's come down with something, almost certainly because she refuses to wear a coat.

Sainsbury's had been raped of food yesterday evening. I'd like to think it was more because of staff shortages and distribution problems, than idiots panic buying for their 24-hour lock-in.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
    Sitrep: snowing like buggery right now.   
  • geordie01geordie01 Frets: 22
    Was a heck of a walk to the pub last night and it is only 300 yards away
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72939
    Midlothian this morning...

I think that's about 10-11" going by the car - just about halfway up the wheels. (16" wheels and about 3" of tyre.)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2483
    good luck with getting that bin collected.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29038
    We've had about another 20mm of snow since I got home yesterday, so I presume that all of Surrey is now gridlocked.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."